What's the relationship between Amaria and Titania?

Xzen

I've just read the diary of Titania but I still don't understand the relationship between these two gym leaders because of my poor English.

Are they Lesbian? Did Titania get tired of keeping this kind of relationship?

Sorry for my poor English since I'm not a local English speaker but I am very impressed by Reborn's story. Can anybody tell me what happened between them, thank you very much!

27 minutes ago, DDriggs00 said:

Both characters will be developed greatly in the future (E16-17).  If you want a spoiler though, I am sure somebody will oblige.

I just don't get the points of the diary. Amy loved Tania, but Tania didn't, she just wanted to help Amy feel better, is this the thing?

13 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Here's more or less what you're supposed to know at this stage of the game:

- Amaria, Titania, Florinia and Julia were all close friends and roommates when they studied at the Onyx Trainer School;

- Amaria and Titania shared a bedroom, and spent a lot of time together;

- We know from Amaria's diary that she wasn't as happy as her social status and outward demeanor would make people think;

- They started dating at some point during or after the OTS days, and are presumably still together (so yep, they're in a lesbian relationship).

As Driggs mentioned, they will both be developed... much later in the game :)

The content of Titania's school diary isn't directly related to Amaria, btw. It mostly serves to introduce some aspects of her personality and values.

Hide contents

as well as a bit of foreshadowing ;)

Thank you very very much!!!!

To clarify further since I posted my first reply thinking that you were talking about their school diary;

Yes, Amaria loves Titania, but Titania doesn't love Amaria back. She accepted to be in a relationship with her and pretended to love her, only to make her feel better and watch over her (since Amaria has a history of depression and suicide attempts).
Because of the main character snooping around Titania's diary, Amaria discovered that Titania faked her feelings for her. That's why she jumped from the waterfall.

1 minute ago, Alistair said:

To clarify further since I posted my first reply thinking that you were talking about their school diary;

Yes, Amaria loves Titania, but Titania doesn't love Amaria back. She accepted to be in a relationship with her and pretended to love her, only to make her feel better and watch over her (since Amaria has a history of depression and suicide attempts).
Because of the main character snooping around Titania's diary, Amaria discovered that Titania faked her feelings for her. That's why she jumped from the waterfall.

I just can't believe such darkness things happen in a Pokemon world, you know, depression, suicide, and Lesbian......all right, maybe the last one is a good thing.  So I guess that was my poor English makes me imagine the story so dark. But anyway, thank you again!

You're welcome!

Reborn sets itself apart from the official pokemon games as well as many fangames notably because it does explore darker themes, such as depression, suicide, illness, death, family ties and tragedies... It's part of what makes the game compelling.

Just on a side note, lesbian relationships aren't inherently "good" or "bad"; they just happen, when 2 girls love each other (or only one, in Amy and Tania's unfortunate case). If one or both of these characters were male, the story would still be more or less the same.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:52 PM, Alistair said:

Reborn sets itself apart from the official pokemon games as well as many fangames notably because it does explore darker themes, such as depression, suicide, illness, death, family ties and tragedies... It's part of what makes the game compelling.

That and more pokemon interaction with the environment, though the logic gets weird at times.