Hyper Offense Physical Attackers

Conor

At a Glance

482.gif257f.gif286.gif091.gif149.gif639.gif

Teambuilding Process

Before i start, I would just like to say that Slant deserves a lot of credit for this team because we did this team together.

482.gif

Okay, so the first thing we decided we would need is an SR lead. I suggested Deoxsys S, but slant brought up that azelf can explode after it lays rocks and that was a big plus.

482.gif257f.gif

After an SR lead, We discussed the biggest problem fro a physical hyper offense team, which is physical walls. Obviously the biggest physically defensive wall around is Skarmory. We thought a good way to beat a skarmory would be Blaziken. Blazeiken's fire can deal super damage to skarm, even if they are physical attacks.

482.gif257f.gif286.gif

Next up on the list, we thought priority might be a good idea. Breloom has a very nice stab mach punch that after a swords dance can kill off many threats. Breloom also helps to deal with sand teams and some rain teams that don't use Toxicroak.

482.gif257f.gif286.gif091.gif

The reason Cloyster was chosen is because he is just such an offensive powerhouse after shellsmash. The set that we gave him also lets him become quite a stall breaker.

482.gif257f.gif286.gif091.gif149.gif

Next Pokemon was chosen by Slant. Like Cloyster, Dragonite is a huge powerhouse. double priority is always nice with mach punch and extremespeed. His biggest advantage is to come in on a lot things with resistance and get to set up a DD.

482.gif257f.gif286.gif091.gif149.gif639.gif

The last pokemon was solely my choice. Slant was reading off a list of pokemon that could possibly fill the 6th slot, but then I had to leave and say hi to my family sicne it was Thanksgiving, when i came back Slant was gone so I was like... Okay lets use Terrakion. It was the perfect choice because he just comes in late game and sweeps everything. He really is the key player in the team and usually is the one who pulls off the sweep.

Analysis

482.gif@ Focus Sash

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Explosion

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

Azelf is here to lay rocks and explode, and it generally works well. main problems I encounter are when someone thinks their cool and sends out ferrothorn, in which case I'll just fireblast. U-turn mainly for a filer move, I don't think I've even used it.

257f.gif(M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Speed Boost

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Hone Claws

- Blaze Kick

- Hi Jump Kick

- ThunderPunch

Blaziekn here is pretty standard. Hone claws is to boost attack and accuracy. I prefer hone claws to SD because the accuracy boost is much needed considering Blaziken's main moves are Hi Jump Kick (85 acc) and Blaze Kick (90 acc). Thunderpunch i put in to deal with bulky water typer but it deosn't seem to be doing what i want it to do. any suggestion for a move over thunderpunch would be appreciated.

286.gif(M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Mach Punch

- Bullet Seed

- Swords Dance

Standard, Breloom set is standard. Well idk if life orb is, but i use it. Spore to put things to sleep with high accuracy. Mach Punch for priority. Swords dance for moar power, and its easy to use when you opponent is alseep. Bullet Seed for stab and boost from technitian. Like i said... Standard. If i can come in on something slower, i can usually spore and sweep with mach punch and bullet seed. the only time this doesn't work out is against speedy teams and when the oppoenet has Chandelure or Gengar. Oh and Breloom pretty much shits on sand so that helps.

091.gif(M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Skill Link

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Icicle Spear

- Shell Smash

- Rock Blast

- Hydro Pump

Cloyster is power. Shell smash with rock blast and Icicle spear is pretty classical. the real originality in this set is Hydro Pump over Ice shard. this was suggested by Slant and it works pretty well to break stall, The two multi hit attacks can take out special walls like chansey, Ren, Blissy. Hydro Pump takes care of most other walls such as Skarm and Heatran. The pokemon that causes this set problems are Jellicent and Ferrothorn. The bad news is, is that Jellicent and Ferrothorn are quite a popular core so... yeah, i encounter them a lot.

149.gif(F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Fire Punch

- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite here has the standard Outrage set. One Dragon Dance brings his speed to 388 which ties scarf Chandy that don't have hidden power ice, and his Attack becomes 604. fire punch hits steels which wall outrage. Extremespeed becomes super powerful priority after a dragon dance. Outrage is obviously just for huge stab damage. Dragontie is a huge player on this team and working fantastically.

639.gif @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Sacred Sword

Terrakion is a huge powerhouse that i never really used until now. I tried to start off by using a SD sub set, but I wasn't really good at using it. So i switched over to a scar set and its been doing great. Close Combat is the main attack because it hits with powerful stab. Equake hits lots of things hard as well. Stone Edge is for Flying types that aren't affected by equake and that resist CC. It also gets stab so yeah! finally its Sacred Sword, which i use over CC sometimes when people try to set up a bulky wall with stockpile or something. Sacred Sword isn't affected by stat changes so it says F U to quagsire who try to SP.

Export

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Trait: Levitate

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Explosion

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Speed Boost

- Hone Claws

- Blaze Kick

- Hi Jump Kick

- ThunderPunch

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Mach Punch

- Bullet Seed

- Swords Dance

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Skill Link

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Icicle Spear

- Shell Smash

- Rock Blast

- Hydro Pump

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Inner Focus

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Fire Punch

- ExtremeSpeed

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Sacred Sword

nice team

inb4someone says too many phisical attackers so to them i say it overrides there phisical walls than crushes teams in theory.

in my opinion you should haev a sub salac terrekeon so it still has versatility and when its weak it will gain its speed boost. Inorder to do so i might reccomend getting rid of secret sword since its only useful in rare situations.

overall it seems like you fine tuned it well so 9/10

also razor shell on cloyster for more POWAH

Also taunt on azelf to stop people from setting up on you and since you said you never sued u turn ever.

Obviously I don't have anything bad to say about the team since I helped you out already :) Here are a few nitpicks:

- Put taunt over u-turn on Azelf. This way you can stop leads from setting up SR, which obviously saves you a bit of headache later and plus dnite would really appreciate having its multiscale intact and Cloyster its focus sash.

-I don't think scarf Terrakion is a good choice, hyper offense teams really thrive on the flexibility and momentum that the playstyle brings. If you're locked into the wrong move, all of that goes out the window. I'd recommend either sub/sd/salac (which i already know you hate) or the double dance set (rock polish/sd/close combat/stone edge).

-On Blaziken, try protect over thunderpunch, which will give you a free speed boost.

Good luck :)

To Kam: Hydro pump is used to hit Skarmory harder, I don't think he should change it.

Edited by slant

Interesting team. I got a couple comments though.

• Earthquake is a very valuable attack on a physical team and I would recommend giving it to another Pokemon as well. Blaziken, perhaps?
  • Terrakion shouldn't be carrying both Sacred Sword and Close Combat in my opinion. That's a moveslot that could be used for a coverage move.
  • After a Shell Smash Cloyster can do a lot of damage to its normal counters, Skarmory included, so Hydro Pump isn't too necessary. Again, another coverage move here could be more useful, but there are no moves off the top of my head that it would benefit from aside from Rapid Spin.

My rating is 8.5/10

Team is nice, Overall very well built and few weaknesses, But I don't think explosion is a good move for Azelf lol.

7.5/10

Explosion isn't good on Azelf?

A lead with ridiculous offensive power, both specially and physically, and fast enough to shut down most revenge killers when at low health?

You might wanna see Azelf in action first.

oh i depred and forgot to put multiscale on dknight.

stop depreding

One thing I realised is your sets need to set up before doing some real damage. This could be a problem. If you're on the losing end, you'll need to do serious POW to turn the tables. Terrakion and Azelf might help but since Azelf is going sucidal, Terrakion is left and if Skarmory pops out, you're fucked.

Chandy is just too much for this team, and scarf terrakion don't help. Choice a mon on a HO team is just stupid as you just break the momentum (skarm on a lock close combat, for exemple).

Thunderpunch suck, go for stone edge or just protect.

Shed shell>LO on loom so you can lure a flamethrower from chandy and switch on terrakion.

Terrakion should run a setup set. Double dance or salac.

Obviously go for taunt on azelf lol