Scratching my Fire Emblem itch...

片思い

So we ended up talking about Fire Emblem (again) the other day on the server. I can't wait for Awakening so to pass some of the time until I can get my 3DS and that, I decided I would try to play all of the other games (or at least most of them) in the series. Problem is I don't know where I should start! Do I start with 1 and go all the way up through 12, do I do it by interconnected stories (1, 3, 2 / 6 > 7, 9 > 10)? Do I just skip around and play whatever I feel like playing? I don't know what to pick!

So far this is the best order I've thought out:

11 (Remake of 1) > 12 (Remake of 3) > (2 is a side story that goes in between them but not sure that I actually want to play it) > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 10 > (maybe 4) > (maybe 5)

Opinions?

I'm planning to play through each game on the hardest difficulty I can manage. If a unit dies, I can't reset, etc.

Also tell me which units I should use if you want but I'll still probably use a lot of my favorites or ones that look interesting.

I'll probably stream this if anyone is interested in making fun of me for being bad and generally just hanging out and talking about Fire Emblem and whatever else.

http://www.twitch.tv/findthehorizon

I'll probably start later today if anyone cares.

Although I don't know much about the rest of the series, I HIGHLY recommend playing 9 before 10 for the sake of the story.

Oh, and... good luck trying to play 10 on Hard Mode Nuzlocke style. It is utter hell, so you should probably be really prepared. Also, it's fine to use what units you're interested in, so long as their growths and/or base stats don't totally suck.

(I'm playing 10 on normal mode and I'm already having trouble *manly tears*)

NO. YOU'RE BAD. CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE FIRST MISSION. DON'T EVEN BLAME THE FACT THAT PEGGY KNIGHTS ARE WEAK EARLY ON.

Pegasus Knights are boss. The pre-promoted ones are okay (I can't remember who they are off the top of my head).

• But I've played all of them, and I must say I had no damn clue what was going on in the second, although you might as well play it if you are a sucker for storylines.
  • Oh, and you should definitely play 4 and 5. Even though the story for the 4th is weird, the central theme seeming to revolve around incest (not even joking), it was one of the ones I liked more. 12th is my fave, though.
  • Also, the 13th is coming out soon for the 3DS (probably before you finish all of these), so you should keep an eye out for it.

Suggested order is:

• #7: Fire Emblem
  • #6: Binding Blade (Yes, I do suggest seventh before sixth but you'll see why later)
  • #8: Sacred Stones
  • #11: Shadow Dragon
  • #2: Gaiden
  • #12: New MotE (I was part of the team that made the patch for the game so yeah, play it.)
  • #9: Path of Radiance
  • #10: Radiant Dawn
  • #4: Ancestral Crusade
  • #5: Thracia 776 (Easily the hardest of them all.)

Although if you're a sucker for stories, then you should finish Chapters 1-5 of Ancestral Crusade, go play Thracia 776, then come back to finish Ancestral Crusade after you strain yourself in the mental torture that is Thracia 776.

Edited by rc52

Pegasus Knights are boss. The pre-promoted ones are okay (I can't remember who they are off the top of my head).

• But I've played all of them, and I must say I had no damn clue what was going on in the second, although you might as well play it if you are a sucker for storylines.
  • Oh, and you should definitely play 4 and 5. Even though the story for the 4th is weird, the central theme seeming to revolve around incest (not even joking), it was one of the ones I liked more. 12th is my fave, though.
  • Also, the 13th is coming out soon for the 3DS (probably before you finish all of these), so you should keep an eye out for it.

Suggested order is:

• #7: Fire Emblem
  • #6: Binding Blade (Yes, I do suggest seventh before sixth but you'll see why later)
  • #8: Sacred Stones
  • #11: Shadow Dragon
  • #2: Gaiden
  • #12: New MotE (I was part of the team that made the patch for the game so yeah, play it.)
  • #9: Path of Radiance
  • #10: Radiant Dawn
  • #4: Ancestral Crusade
  • #5: Thracia 776 (Easily the hardest of them all.)

Although if you're a sucker for stories, then you should finish Chapters 1-5 of Ancestral Crusade, go play Thracia 776, then come back to finish Ancestral Crusade after you strain yourself in the mental torture that is Thracia 776.

The Peg Knight joke Edge made was in reference to this

where I tried to do the opening prologue on Lunatic as a Peg Knight. You can even see that he commented on the video. xd

13th game is as I said the inspiration for this. It looks sooooo good.

Suggested order looks good, should give Heroes of Shadow a bit to release the finished English patch instead of just menus like it is now.

For anyone that cares to see I'm going to start streaming in like an hour.

Two casualties so far, Erk (bleh but I can manage) and Sain (who I hate and don't use anyway).

Sain might be a bit of a piss-off, but he'll easily be your best paladin...'cept he needs some Skill boosts but even then.

Yeah, Erk isn't too good. He does good against some bosses later on, but that's what this guy is for:

Pent, superpowered Sage dude who joins later on in the game with his wife.

• 5 weeks later...

Well this project has been an ultimate failure due to my lack of dedication and motivation. I'm going to try finishing FE7 today and after this I will adopt a new strategy that will take a million times longer but I feel will be somewhat more successful.

Hence forth I will try to stream everyday but instead of marathon-ing I'll run 1-3 chapters each day.

Not going to stream for huge sessions anymore because my copy of Awakening is coming tomorrow and I want to play that also.

Anyway, FE7 starts in 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/findthehorizon