Potential Final 6

x12Calavera

First time playing through this game and I was hoping to get some feedback on what my endgame team will look like. Since I haven't played this game before I don't know if my movesets are allowed but I picked basically standard sets for these powerful pokemon. From what I know Blaziken is the best starter in the game due to a good typing and speedboost, as well as its ability to power through the early game while I amp up the rest of the team. I will obviously use many pokemon for the story while EV grinding the final 6 up but this is just the endgame team. Is there standard move tutors in game? and are all my movesets allowed for the game? Also is knock off worth it in game or is Nightslash just a better choice? Initially I was going to use Blaziken, Mamoswine, Aegislash, Rotom-Mow, Slowbro, and Togekiss as my main 6 but thought Togekiss was rather lackluster. Would a special Aegislash be better than a Gengar? Feedback is appreciated.

http://pokepast.es/dcbfcaecce25abb7

USUM-exlusive move tutors will be included in E18, most ORAS tutors are already available. Unfortunately, right now we're missing a lot of TMs for these movesets - Protect, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Psyshock, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast are unavailable and will probably be E18 or E19 content, hopefully all available before the Elite 4.

I consider Knock Off a superior option - more utility, more power if the opponent's holding an item (the tougher trainers usually do use held items), though the increased crit chance of Night Slash is pretty useful.

There's never any reason not to use an Aegislash, King's Shield is broken as hell. That's a free setup opportunity on a physical attacker after the Attack drop, though I do prefer to set up with something less frail than Weavile.

Blaziken should be Adamant, I think. It's already boosting its speed every turn, might as well give it as much power as possible if you're Protecting turn 1 anyway. You could also include the items you're planning to use on these Pokémon. What's your mega, Blaziken, Slowbro or Gengar?

12 minutes ago, CMV said:

USUM-exlusive move tutors will be included in E18, most ORAS tutors are already available. Unfortunately, right now we're missing a lot of TMs for these movesets - Protect, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Psyshock, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast are unavailable and will probably be E18 or E19 content, hopefully all available before the Elite 4.

I consider Knock Off a superior option - more utility, more power if the opponent's holding an item (the tougher trainers usually do use held items), though the increased crit chance of Night Slash is pretty useful.

There's never any reason not to use an Aegislash, King's Shield is broken as hell. That's a free setup opportunity on a physical attacker after the Attack drop, though I do prefer to set up with something less frail than Weavile.

Blaziken should be Adamant, I think. It's already boosting its speed every turn, might as well give it as much power as possible if you're Protecting turn 1 anyway. You could also include the items you're planning to use on these Pokémon. What's your mega, Blaziken, Slowbro or Gengar?

I would have chosen Adamant  for my Torchic but didn't feel like going through another 30 soft resets xD. Blaziken would be my mega of choice, and all those TM's missing really puts a hinder on my strats but by the time I'm done EV training the next patch will most likely be released or about to be. Also is TM Poison Jab released because I will probably use it on my Weavile rather than SD, I forgot that switch mind games aren't abusable vs NPC's. And I'm still undecided about the Gengar vs Aegislash, Does a special Aegislash make my team too slow? I know I have Speed Boost but thats still only 2 fast mons.

You can change natures in Reborn at the cost of one Heart Scale. Though it's random, you can just reset until you get the correct nature.

Poison Jab is available, it's a fairly late (as in E17-late) TM though.

It's good to be fast in Reborn, but Aegislash has a lot of utility. Try both and see which one fits your playstyle. You will need to try out many, many other Pokémon throughout your playthrough because out of these Mons one's a starter, three became available/evolvable in E16, one in E12, Gengar was obtainable in E12 but was removed because OP and is currently only obtainable through a 1/16 chance from a Mystery Egg (I think) which you can miss out on if you don't know what you're doing. Or you can take the easy way out and ask for trades. Welcome to Reborn :D