[AO] The Goons - A NU Team :]

Hedron

Hello there guys and girls (and slant)! Today, I've decided to do my first RMT over possibly the least played 5G tier on Reborn: NeverUsed. The name comes from the fact that all 6 of my pokes are named after people current in the Alpha Omega clan. My team is rather unique due to the fact that it has bulky walls, trappers, and even a scarf sweeper in the mix, which usually don't have the best synergy with eachother. But enough talk, let's just get into it!

Also, this team peaked #1 at 1240 and is still there :]

At A Glance

428.png592.png575.png512.png324.png352.png

In-Depth Analysis

428.png

DD the Lopunny @ Flame Orb

252 HP / 252 Spe / 2 SpDef JOLLY

Ability: Klutz

~Switcheroo

~Encore

~Magic Coat / Heal Bell

~Entrainment

My lead, named after the seductive temptress Dark Desire himself. This lead, obviously, is purely support; Magic Coat bounces back Stealth Rock / Spikes leads, whereas Switcheroo with a Flame Orb can severely hinder any non-fire physical attacker in the metagame. Entrainment is a rather situational move; What it does for people unaware is that it gives the opponent the ability you have. What this means is that the opponent will get my ability, Klutz, which disallows the opponent to use any held item. This is great for completely dismantling the power of Life Orb or choiced pokemon. Encore is to come in on Sub or Set-Up pokes and completely derail their set-up capabilities. In place of Magic Coat, it also a possibility to run Heal Bell if you feel that this team is weak to Status.

592.png

Slant the Frillish @ Eviolite

252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpDef CALM

Ability: Water Absorb

~Scald

~Recover

~Toxic

~Acid Armor

My dual wall, named after the master of stall himself, Slant. This is a rather interesting set that I came up with myself; what the premise behind it is that it comes in on specially-offensive pokes, walls them, and either Acid Armors on the switch or recovers off the damage. Scald is there as both a burner and as an attack to speed up the toxic-stalling process, and Toxic is there to, well, whittle down pokes, essentially. Frillish also serves as my spin blocker, and his ability Water Absorb helps him establish synergy with Torkoal.

575.png

Kamina the Gothorita @ Eviolite

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Att BOLD

Ability: Shadow Tag

~Calm Mind

~Rest

~Sleep Talk (Reflect on Kamina's set)

~Psychic

Set-Up Trapper, named after the guy who discovered this overpowered monstrosity of a NU poke. What this basically does is comes on a poke it can comfortably wall with it's physical bulk, set up +6 with calm mind, and win the game if the opponent doesn't have a dark type. Seriously. This thing could probably be a team by itself. Resttalk is there as reliable recovery, and the EVs are there to give it massive bulk in both defenses after a couple calm minds. This thing is what my team is based around.

512.png

Duster the Simisage @ Life Orb

252 Sp.Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP TIMID

Ability: Overgrow

~Nasty Plot

~Giga Drain

~Hidden Power [ice{

~Focus Blast

I had to have SOMETHING on this team that actually had some speed to it. This poke is a fantastic special sweeper, having great coverage and being able to hit every poke in the NU metagame with at least neutral damage...except Lampent ]: . Anyway, Simisage is basically there to be able to revenge kill, or predict a switch and set up a nasty plot and do MASSIVE damage to anything that comes in. This poke is the one that I am most subjective to change, since I only changed it recently.

324.png

Rupe the Torkoal @ Leftovers

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Att BOLD

Ability: White Smoke

~Lava Plume

~Stealth Rock

~Rapid Spin

~Clear Smog/Toxic (kind of torn between the two)

My Stealth Rock user and my spinner. This thing is really pivotal to the functionality of the entire team, because toxic spikes from the ever-so-common garbodor can run over this team. Lava Plume is there for stab, but my biggest concern is whether I should use Clear Smog or Toxic; Clear Smog can completely halt sweeps, but Toxic is nice residual damage. Not quite sure of this one yet, but I definitely think that this poke is necessary.

352.png

Hedron the Kecleon @ Leftovers

252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Sp.Att CALM

Ability: Color Change

~Toxic

~Ice Beam (this move is really subjective to me; if you like the rest of this set, then look at Kecleon and you can change this to whatever you like. I actually used to run knock off.)

~Protect

~Recover

The best poke in the entire pokemon universe. How this thing is not uber is beyond me. Behold; KECLEON! This monster of a poke can come in, take any special attack, change INTO THAT TYPE, and, for the most part, resist it the next turn. This poke's massive base 130 sp.def and high HP stat makes it a very viable special wall, while its access to the deadly toxic/recover/protect combo gives it great stalling powers against any specially-offensive poke.

Well guys, that was my team. If I'm forgetting anything structure-wise, just leave it in the

comments and I'll change it accordingly.

Importable

DD (Lopunny) (M) @ Flame Orb

Trait: Klutz

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Encore

- Switcheroo

- Entrainment

- Heal Bell

Slant (Frillish) (M) @ Eviolite

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Scald

- Recover

- Toxic

- Acid Armor

Kamina (Gothorita) (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Psychic

Rupe (Simisage) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Overgrow

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Giga Drain

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]

Torkoal (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: White Smoke

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Lava Plume

- Rapid Spin

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

Hedron (Kecleon) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Color Change

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Recover

- Toxic

- Ice Beam

- Protect

Edited by Hedron

I find that acid armor really helps with stalling, since even with eviolite frillish's physical defense is kinda low. If you want to use this team, feel free to make any changes you like and see how you like it :] Thanks for the 10/10!

• 1 month later...