The Monocolor Series Inspired by Owen: Team #5 is...ugh. Pink.

Shanco

Ryan C here. If you thought I didn't want to do a purple monocolor, you obviously didn't see what limited choice I had for pink. Team #5 go!

...as you can see, my choice for songs was pretty barren, too. Meet the pink monocolor, which will probably be my worst monocolor yet.

481.gif @ Damp Rock

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Rain Dance

- Psychic

- Thunder

- U-turn

Weather lead. This is how low I've sunken to find a good lead. I take that back, actually, because Mesprit is a decently balanced Pokemon. But the idea was to find something that could set up something else so my team could work with it. And that something is Rain Dance. With the Damp Rock, rain also lasts longer so there's more of it to take advantage of. Thunder will then take over. Either that or Psychic, its STAB. Krookodile is immune to both of those moves, but not to worry, it can deal decent damage while escaping from Krooko with U-turn, leaving the others to annihilate Krooko with boosted Water attacks.

241.gif (F) @ Silk Scarf

Trait: Scrappy

EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Body Slam

- Curse

- Milk Drink

- Heal Bell

Curse attacker. Ah, Miltank, my old nemesis from ten years ago...we meet again, but this time, you're under MY control! Bahahahaha! Anyway, this is a better Miltank than Whitney's for sure. Body Slam is the STAB which has a chance of paralysis. It doesn't abuse it as well as Jirachi, but it hits harder with it after a Curse or two. Milk Drink was made Miltank so damn annoying in 2nd gen (I guess in 4th as well), but al least it's useful. It is also bulky enough that it's capable of making great use of Heal Bell.

350f.gif (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Marvel Scale

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Recover

- Haze

Hazin' defensive rain abuser. Scald is a burning Water attack that sees a power increase to 240 base in rain. Ice Beam is for Grass-types like Virizion who try to fight through rain. Recover is one of those moves that you take whenever it's there. Haze is a necessity for how bad this team is, and allows it to prevent the opposition from getting a step ahead. Its EVs and Marvel Scale help to allow Milotiic to take Physical hits better, which is what the set is meant to do.

242.gif (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 156 SAtk / 100 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

- Protect

- Softboiled => Wish (Hyrule)

Special wall which is designed to work with Milotic. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam give Blissey some surprising offensive prowess, which can catch some others off-guard. Protect allows me to see what a switch-in wants to use and if I need to switch. Softboiled is the recovery move that everyone on this team save Mesprit seems to have. I chose this over Chansey so that I didn't have to stick to OU with this team. That and Chansey is really ugly.

151.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Aura Sphere

- Psyshock

- Surf

A much needed attacker. It is pretty straightforward, and unfortunate considering this is all that could come from me out of its awesome movepool. Nasty Plot provides a healthy offensive boost, in time for Aura Sphere to break evasion boosts, Psyshock to punish walls, or Surf to abuse Mesprit's rain. Man, there isn't a whole lot to this.

368.gif (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Surf

- Signal Beam

- Shell Smash

- Baton Pass

Man, I must have been crazy when I thought about doing this pink monocolor. But here I am. This is the Swift Swimmer, which is essential in pretty much any Reborn team with rain. Surf is the power attack. Signal Beam hits some stuff that other Pokemon can't hit too well. Shell Smash needs no introduction. I also prefer to Baton Pass it to something like...heehee...Blissey, if I don't get hit by priority. and the item choice is the Sash to Pass the Smash. Heh, sounds like a children's rhyme.

If you think you can make this team work, feel free to take the exportable.

Mesprit @ Damp Rock

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Rain Dance

- Psychic

- Thunder

- U-turn

Miltank (F) @ Silk Scarf

Trait: Scrappy

EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Body Slam

- Curse

- Milk Drink

- Heal Bell

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Marvel Scale

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Recover

- Haze

Blissey (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 156 SAtk / 100 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

- Protect

- Wish

Mew @ Leftovers

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Nasty Plot

- Aura Sphere

- Psyshock

- Surf

Gorebyss (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Surf

- Signal Beam

- Shell Smash

- Baton Pass

First 5 battles: (in tier BorderLine unless otherwise stated)

1. 2-0 loss vs. GGson.

2. 6-0 win vs. tttj (won by forfeit).

3. 6-0 win vs. PT Abyss.

4. 2-0 loss vs. Black-Raichu (PBC OU).

5. 2-0 win vs. Dreamerz.

Have at it! Next time on the monocolor series, we get our hands dirty with a color that's actually useful!

Edited by rc52

Either or. I found that the Sash worked better as Gorebyss is usually faster anyway due to Swift Swim, and I don't really wanna risk a wasted turn, even from something like Serperior that could take it out with Leaf Storm and get +2 Special Attack in the process. If it survived, Serperior is dead the next turn from Signal Beam. But you know, it's situational. Each has its own benefits, but I prefer the Sash to survive super-effective attacks.

In Blissey, i suggest to put Wish instead of Softboiled (I know that Softboiled recover your HP just in one turn and Wish in two. But if you want to recover the own blissey HP, you can just use Protect after the Wish.), because Wish allows you to recover HP of others pokémons of your team (As Mew, Gorebyss or Mesprit [Mainly mesprit, for put rain again when it stops, because some moves of your Pokemon become stronger in the rain])

In Gorebyss, i suggest put Ice Beam instead of Signal Beam (Ice Beam causes more damage for Grass Types Pokémons). In case of Psychic or Dark pokémons, one STABed Surf + Rain deals much more damage than one Super Effective Signal Beam.

• Surf = 95 x 1,5 (STAB) x 1,5 (Rain Effect) = Aprox. 213 Base Power (213,75)
  • Signal Beam = 75 x 2 = 150

Edited by Hyrule'

• Not having Wish on Blissey was the result of me thinking that I'd give it to another Pokemon. Smogon even suggests Healing WIsh on Mesprit. But with Protect, Wish sounds like a good idea.
  • I think Signal Beam is needed on Gorebyss for overall team coverage issues. Otherwise I had only U-turn on Psychics. I don't have Grass in mind when Gorebyss comes in - in fact, Grass is the type that inclined use of the Sash. That and I can't always count on rain incase Mesprit went down bringing weather. It's only eight turns, which isn't too much when you think about it, and I need to fight on.