Shades of the Sea[OU team]

Lil' Baby Rupe

Hey all, it's me back with another RMT.

:) This time I decided to make an RMT for a different type of team from last time; a stall team.

Stall teams are my favourite types of teams simply because if you are a good enough player and you have actually tried hard enough during the team building phases, there should be absolutely nothing your opponent can do to beat you unless they absolutely hax the shit out of you.

This certain team of mine was created when I was procrastinating around the server and decided to be a little bit creative. I wanted to use a few under rated defensive threats which can work extremely well with the right team support. These pokemon were none other than Celebi and Bronzong, both of which are incredibly under used and under rated and I wanted to build a team around them to utilise these little gems.

Along the way I added one more very strange Pokemon which wouldn't normally ever get considered for a stall team, which I believe makes this team very unique. The Pokemon in question is bulky Salamence [:

After 6-0ing several different teams on a different alt, I noticed that all the pokemon could be green, which inspired the name of this team.

FinalSmall.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Shades of the Sea

-----------------------------------------------------------------

186f.gif437.gif251.gif073.gif373.gif113.gif

186f.gif

Poseidon (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Protect

- Perish Song

- Toxic

Poseidon, the ruler of the sea's, bringer of rain. This thing summons infinite rain which is a godsend to all rain stall teams. The only Pokemon in the tier with the ability to do this makes Poseidon either the most important member of the team.... or the least. The only reason Politoed is used is for the rain, but in a stall team he can offer a lot more. Amazing bulk makes him a formidable physical wall if I don't need to win a weather war.

Spreads status with toxic which is great for the ttar/ninetails switchins, which is great for the long term which is what stall aims for. Perish song is also an amazing move that is offered by Poseison, which stops all last-pokemon sweeps while also preventing an opponent from setting up.

The EVs are fairly standard, maximising bulk and physical defence. Last four EVs go into sp attack.

437.gif

Pearls (Bronzong) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

- Gyro Ball

- Earthquake

Pearls is such a great pokemon, and I'm so glad I gave him a chance in OU. He's a brilliant counter to sand teams and special Landorus alike, he offers so much stalling potential that it's silly I've never considered him before. Pearls also carries my teams Stealth Rocks which are infinitely useful in wearing down my opponents pokemon as much as possible. Toxic is obvious, but on this pokemon it's essential for poisoning things such as Special Landorus and Keldeo on the switch, both of which can be a massive pain in the ass for this team to handle otherwise.

Bronzong is an amazing partner to rain stall, what with his fire weakness being diminished and being a great counter to sand teams; Gyro ball and Earthquake for hitting Balloon Excadrill and gyro ball to hit other things common on sand teams such as Landorus, Garchomp and Stoutland, and his great typing and ability allow him to resist all their attacks with ease.

The EVs here are used to maximise general bulk and special defence, to take on Special Landorus, Tornadus and electric attacks better.

251.gif

SeaWeed (Celebi) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 52 SAtk / 44 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Giga Drain

- Perish Song

- Recover

- Heal Bell

Seaweeeeeeeeeeed. This thing is absolutely great in keeping my team healthy of all status with heal bell, which can be incredibly useful for when one of my pokemon is asleep, or if Poseidon has already been poisoned. I can not recall the amount of times heal bell has saved my ass. SeaWeed is also a much more reliable Perish Songer than Poseidon with his Recover.

Celebi provides this team with a much needed counter to band Terrakion, and can also beat its sub/SD set with Giga Drain(The EVs can be a lot of help with this) and a second status absorber.

One more note; with recover and his not bad physical bulk, seaweed can also perform a small toxic stall which is great with the 3 toxic users and t-spikes.

073.gif

Kraken (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Toxic Spikes

- Protect

- Rapid Spin

The Kraken is appropriately named, asserting his dominance over the opponent in Poseidon's domain. This thing is made for the rainy weather, Rain Dish is probably the very best ability GameFreak could have given him and it makes him an absolutely star in this team boosting his. In my opinion he's the very best Toxic Spiker in the game and also has Rapid Spin, which keeps ALL the hazards off my teams side.

One of the MVPs of the team and he's great at what he does.

EVs are used to make this a "rather" good mixed wall with the ability to come in on almost anything. Protect is used here for scouting out Choice users and racking up the Poison damage.

I have considered Toxic>Protect to nail things such as Keldeo and Jellicent on the switch.

373.gif

Storm (Salamence) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Aqua Tail

- Dragon Tail

- Protect

- Wish

And this is the Storm. The MVP of my team has one of the most creative sets I've used. Who knew this could be used to a very large extent as a stall Pokemon? Salamence has amazing bulk and a good defence to fall back on, coupled with his incredibly useful ability intimidate allow Storm to switch into the field multiple times with ease, countering some very common threats such as Scizor, Conkeldurr, Victini ;) and almost any physical wall. Salamence provides this team with a phazing move in the form of Dragon Tail which has proven to be incredibly useful against SD scizors, Bulk up Toxicroaks, Bulk up Conkeldurrs and so much more which just don't see this coming. Intimidate makes them want to go for another attack boost while I can just phaze them out and rack up the hazard damage.

EVs here are used for making Salamence's Wishes as large as possible to pass to over members of the team while having small speed investment to outspeed certain shits and maximising physical bulk.

113.gif

Sunken Ship (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Toxic

- Wish

- Softboiled

- Seismic Toss

The Sunken Ship is the last member of this team and possibly the least expendable. As you all know, Chansey is the best special wall in the entire OU metagame. He really doesn't need any more explanation, but I'll provide one anyway for the sake of the RMT.

With Stealth Rocks being used by Bronzong, Chansey can now use either toxic or aromatherapy. I chose Toxic because Chansey really lures in a lot of physical attackers which would be able to set up in her face otherwise.

I run two healing moves so that I have the ability to wish pass as well as reliably heal myself. Seismic Toss is just standard on Chansey, reliable damage.

EVs give Chansey a massive 704HP, meaning I can pass 302HP every time I use it, which is just amazing while also making Chansey's defence as not shit as possible.

And that's the team, so I hope you appreciate the work I've put into this RMT, because as you very well know, a lot of people just throw their exportable in and add a few pointless lines at the end. I also appreciate any and all rates or criticisms to the team. Thanks.

Shout-Outs ;D

Slant: I probably wouldn't have made this team if I hadn't used your annoying as fuck rain stall team some time ago. It felt good making so many people rage quit against me which probably made me try for so long to make a viable stall team.

Skwayz: You're mah boy and I luv you. You suck at pokemon though [: loljk

Kaminaaaaaaaaaaaaa: Get the fuck on PO more :[

Dark Desire: Where did you go you clan whore? hehehe luv you

Sunshine: You're beautiful

The "originality" noobs: Just because someone has a Politoed or Tyranitar on their team doesn't give their team super powers [: you should prepare for the threats if you're going to battle against them. Also, just because you don't run a weather doesn't make you good at this game. At all. Please stop deluding yourselves into thinking otherwise.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee .

Edited by Rupe

Well hello there.

First, while looking at your shout-outs, I've seen my name. The problem is that I should obv be placed before slant, and worse, the text should be bold and coulours. Oh and DD, dat clan whore :-:.

Ok, looking atya team, it looks solid. But there's still a question, we don't know what's your way to win, your victory condition. Without spiker, salamence can't phaze ftw late game, and toxic stall a win won't work against some match ups. Hard stall relies on spikes+sr and a spin blocker, and semi stall try to late game sweep with a scarfer or fast bulky things like latias. Your don't even do one of those two things.

Two different playstyles, two different way to rate !

If you wanna go on the hard stall, it'd actually looks classical. Best thing would be skarm>zong and SR to chansey. Pretty classic.

Then you've got the bulky stall, the semi stall or the soft stall, call it the way you want. It'd actually look way more orginal than the hard stall way. Obv, even if fatmence is cool, he's not a really good mon atm. I've tested it and it just don't habe the bulk or resistance it needs. So I'd strongly remplace him by my fav late game sweeper on those kind of team : teh all mighty SCARF LANDORUS-T. Ok, it might looks dumb, landorus on a rain stall... It basically destroy what your team got problem to kill, with a fuckin good ability and a fantastic late game cleaner. Toxic stall + lando =win. Remember that meh boy.

Yeah, good team dude, i've seen you've put effort on it. Maybe try to put a cool picture after the title. Lots of luv, I'll be there toorrow.

Edited by Skwayz

D; I have been really busy but i will try to get on more often for youuuuz

okay now for the team rate

This team looks so original so i like that :P

Some changes that i recommend though is giving bronzong hp ice to take down dragon types a lot better and also gliscors.

Also i like the salamance, I should try it out aswell :D.

and yah some picutres could make your rmt look cooler :D.

GL WITH team :DDDDDDDDDDDDd

PS. Dont listen to sk D: he can't comprehend creativity.

Edited by Kamina

Rupe, this team is so cheap. I just shake my head when I see ANOTHER rain team, seriously can you try to be a bit original? You are the reason why I don't ladder anymore, every weather noob I fight just has the same 6 pokemon on their team.

...ok, now that I've got that out of my system. Your team is pretty solid (I know both from testing it and getting my ass kicked). Like Skwayz said, lack of spikes may hurt your stalling capabilities a bit but I think you would have noticed it by now. You can test Skarmory over Bronzong and putting SR on Chansey over toxic but this is just a nitpick. Salamence is cool since it can wishpass to Bronzong, and together they resist all types.

In MY opinion this team is good Politoed Need Ice Beam instead Of Toxic because we have already tentacruel so we dont need any toxic attack

And Give Earthquake to salamence instead of protect

Any way team rate

I give it 7.5/10

Interesting - been a while since I've seen celebi on a Rain team.

Looks like it'll be a painful team to take on, which pretty much makes it a decent staller, haha. Although I would have to agree with one of the earlier posts which advocated skarmory over bronzong, but that's a minor issue (and skarmory's not green, anyway).

As for the comments made on originality... well, weather's a legal in-game tactic, if you'd recall Glacia's rather sad team in RSE :P Just because people online have the brains to exploit the advantages offered by weather doesn't make it a game-breaker (well, weather teams might win consistently, but then again, what decent tactic doesn't lead to a win?).

Although... I'll admit to being appropriately annoyed by all those genesect in Rain. Those are just disgusting.