Rain stall

Conor

Okay so here is the rain stall i spent some time putting together. its meant for battling on beta. let me know your opnions and advice and i would appreciate it.

First Glance

186f.gif113.gif073.gif472.gif251.gif598.gif

* oh and a note about this team, its goal is basically to toxic stall by spamming protect.

186f.gif(F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Toxic

- Scald

- Protect

- Perish Song

The first pokemon of the team. obviously to set up rain. he does come in handy with this bulky set though because of Toxic stalling through toxic and protect. it really comes in handy later along with perish song to take out the last pokemon. scald is the damaging move here, can burn ferrothorn when they switch in which is always a good thing. Politoed's bulk lets it tank some hits that aren't super effective.

113.gif (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Softboiled

- Seismic Toss

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

the first part to my stall game. chansey can tank any sp attack that comes her way. switch in on special attack and i can either get a seismic toss, recovery, or even put stealth rock out onto the feild. he is one of the 3 core memeber of my defense and i am badly hurt if i lose her. on and Toxic of course. i sometimes witch in Twave to stop set ups which seem to be a problem for this team.

073.gif (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 4 SDef / 44 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Protect

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic Spikes

- Scald

this squid thingy here is my rapid spinner/ toxic spikes layer. he is perfect for toxic stall in the rain because protect is beneficial in 2 ways. first, when he uses protect, he gains back 25% health thanks to rain dish and leftovers. second, because protect lets another turn go by where toxic an damage the opponent. protect on this team also gives em great scouting because i can switch into whatever i need after checking the next move with protect.

472.gif(F) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Toxic

- Protect

- Ice Fang

- Earthquake

Gliscor is my physical tank. i never risk him. he usually comes in, tanks a physical hits. protects one turn for poison heal recovery and usually switches right back out. if i lose gliscor, the rest of my team is pretty much ruined. the reason i also chose gliscor over skarmory was because this team is very weak to electric type attacks, and he can tank those on the switch in with his awesome ground typing.

251.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 176 SAtk / 80 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Giga Drain

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Recover

Celebi is one of my favorite Pokemon. he is on this team to completely shut down volt turn. he can tank any volt switch you send in on him, as well as a hydro pump from Rotom W. then when they send scizor in thinking it will be an easy kill with u turn. i'll just use my hp fire. this only really works if i catch scizor after hes been damaged by SR and spikes a little bit. other than that celebi can just tank physical attacks of most kinds, tho he is not at all anythign like gliscor. i can aslo send in Celebi late game to set up calm minds and sweep. recover is for recovry lol.

598.gifFerrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 76 Atk / 188 Def / 244 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Power Whip

- Protect

- Spikes

- Thunder Wave

ferrothorn here is my back up wall for wither gliscor or chansey. he has som sp def invested to tank elec hits as well as water, flying, dark, dragon, ice, grass, and ghost. he also laughs at physical attacks that come his way. spikes is for moar hazards to screw the other team on the constant switches i force. remeber also that i am fine if they set up hazards because i have a nice rapid spinner in tentacruel. power whip is in case of taunt and i need a damaging move. protect to stall out if i have already layed out some TS. Twave so i can stop the dragonites i always switch into when they try to set up.

Well here is the team. my main weakness for this team is that i cant stop set ups all too well. if anyone has any advice please let me know. thanks!

-Conor

>HP Fire

>Rain

Yeeeeah.

With Toxic spikes, I don't see why moore then 2 pokemon should have Toxic, unless you're scared of Rapid Spin, i guess. Also Skarmory ruins this team. You should run more Ground then fire.

And black sludge is always cooler then leftovers.

I basically see 6 tanks. You should have one horsepower at least? Or if you prefer almighty stall then fine.

Hey Conor, I always love a good rain stall team. It seems you have 5 stall pokemon + a late game cleaner in Celebi. Here's my 2 cents on how to improve it:

- First off don't get rid of toxic, on a stall team you can never have too many toxic users. Also Skarmory can't do shit to this team, Tentacruel can take hits all day long from it, spin away its hazards, lay its own hazards, and scald it (does upwards of 50% and plus you can always burn it).

-Celebi isn't the best choice for a late game cleaner imo. Grass + fire is just a horrible attacking combination, especially in rain. I'd suggest CM Jirachi instead (full speed, full hp, cm/thunder/waterpulse/substitute). That guy just cleans up once teams are a bit weakened, plus in rain it gets its fire weakness taken away.

-You have no phazer, which means you also have no way to stop boosters or really any way to abuse your hazards. I'd think about removing Ferrothorn for Skarmory to solve this problem.

Hope this helps

slant, i've been using jirachi instead of celebi and its bee ndoing great, im at about 80% wins on a very consistant basis. if anybody else has anybody adivice too it would be well apreciated.

Definitely get rid of Celebi's hp fire considering it'll do nothing in the rain, and if I were you, I'd get rid of Celebi's recover and switch a Pokemon for a wish passer and just use a wish passer to get it's health back up instead of using recover.