Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Mamoswine with Avalanche

Anaruki

Question

Hi guys,

a few weeks ago a friend and I did our fictional monotyp teams and

we both ended up with a Avalugg in each team and we disgust that Avalanche would be a good stab-attack.

So I thought why not use it on my real team, on Mamoswine.

I didn't found any possibility via tm or trainer what so ever. 

Breading then, but didn't found a way there. 

Any advises?

5 answers to this question

Avalanche is...not a good move on Mamoswine.

Avalugg can get away with it because it's speed is already extremely low, so it's almost always going to go last (Avalanche has negative priority). Mamoswine has decent speed that it does not want to waste on a move that forces it to go last.

You are much better off breeding with a Beartic for Icicle Crash, a much better move for Mamo.

Until now I used Ice Fang which isn't very good but did the job till now. :)

The reason why I would use Avalanche on Mano aswell, is that I often found that it is realy slow compared with other Pokemon.

With the lower priority it should go second in many battles. The question remains: Is there a way for Mamoswine to get Avalanche?

I still strongly recommend going for Icicle Crash because Mamoswine in general cannot take hits all that well. It can survive one hit, but that's about it. Plus, Mamoswine is not that slow, it can generally outspeed quite a few Pokemon and it's huge attack stat means it can deal huge damage. Plus, Icicle Crash has a high Flinch chance. There's a reason almost no one else ever uses Avalanche on anything except for Avalugg and maybe sometimes Walrein.

If you insist on going for Avalanche, though...it's hard to say, as it says that you have to have bred it in an earlier generation. Otherwise Mons like Dewgong and Walrein could be able to breed it after breeding Avalanche onto them.

After checking bulbapedia,it says avalanche can only be bred from a Pokémon who learned the move in an earlier generation.

This seems risky because older episode may corrupt your save.

I recommend breeding icicle crash and let mamoswine hold wide lens.Icicle crash has 90% accuracy and with wide lens,it becomes about 99%.