Tornadus-t

Kamina

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.

[set Name]

[species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]

Trait: [Ability]

EVs: [EVs]

[Nature] Nature

- Move 1

- Move 2

- Move 3

- Move 4

[Description of Set]

Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

I hear in Oklahoma they have a lot of Tornadus. ... well, that pun sucked.

Tornadus-T(M) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hurricane

- Grass Knot

- Dark Pulse

- Heat Wave / Psychic

Tornadus has a ton of speed. But when is enough speed enough? Enough when you have a nice special movepool and an ability that heals you when you switch out, which happens often when you are wearing Choice Specs. Anyway, onto the moves. Hurricane is the obvious choice; although it is unreliable with its 70 accuracy, it hits everything at an astounding 180 base power (even higher with the boost from the Specs), and gets the accuracy boost under rain. Grass Knot takes care of the potentially threatening Rock-types as well as bulky Waters, of which there are many (Tornadus is pretty down the tier list in Reborn, but beware as normally he is OU elsewhere). Dark Pulse is a grab-bag Dark-type attack to take care of Espeon, Reuniclus and other Psychics, and I have found it does more to Jellicent than Grass Knot. The last move should be chosen based upon whether your Tornadus will be run in rain or against rain, since Heat Wave's normally great power will be halved. In that case you should run Psychic; it also works very well on Tentacruel, Toxicroak and other common pokemon in rain not named Sharpedo.

• Administrators

Ohai Breloom

Tornadus-T(M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 252sAtk;252spe;4sDef

Timid Nature

- Hurricane

- Sleep talk

Cuz we hate breloom.

I giggled, I admit, but we should try to keep posts here serious okay? okay <3

Good call with the topic though, Kamina, but in the future, if you make a new topic for something like this, can you post a set for the pokemon in question afterward too?

EDIT: ^ that goes for everyone else who does it too

Sorry about that ikaru i will post a set right now but before i do so i have somethings to say. Dark Desire add some description >:(, RC thanks for you in depth analysis on you tornadus set and Sk. not a bad set ;). okay so here my favorite set with tornadus-t

Tornadus(M)@Choice Specs

Trait:Regenerator

EVs: 252 Satk/252Spd/4Hp

Nature: Timid

-Hurricane

-Sleep talk

-Super Power

-Hidden Power(Ice)

So kinda what sk. mentioned but not as silly. the point of this is to have a sleep fodder pokemon in your team so that you can counter those pesky spore pokes or sleep powder butterfree. i have superpower over focus blast because its more accurate and can still 1 hit ko t tar who is a big threat to rain teams. Hurricane is added because it is not only stab but very powerful and has 100 percent accuracy in rain. my last move is hidden power ice to get rid of the annoyyyying dragons and ground pokes. I speced it because it has regenerator so switching is actually beneficial to it and also hurricane does SOOOO much damage. it pretty much 1 hit ko all sweeper and 2 hit ko any wall that does not resist >:).

Try this!

Mixed sweeper Tornadus- destroyer tornadus!

Tornadus-T(M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 8 HP / 132 Atk / 116 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Hurricane

- Heat Wave

- Superpower

- Taunt

Skarmory and Blissey. Those pokemon alone can be annoying. But together? Switching back and forth to meet the other's counters? Ugh. That's why we have mixed sweepers.

It's easy to forget that Tornadus-T has twin offenses of 100 or higher. Add that to its impressive Speed and it fits the mixed sweeper bill perfectly. No matter what the moveset, Tornadus should have a STAB move, preferably Hurricane for its power. The other moves are characteristic of a good mixed sweeper. Heat Wave: Nice Special attack, hits four types for super-effective damage, 100 power, can turn Skarmory into a mess on the ground. Superpower: Nice physical attack, hits five types for super-effective damage, 120 power, can show Blissey who's boss. Oh, and those moves see a boost of power thanks to its Life Orb. The problem with Superpower is that it lowers Attack and Defence, but that shouldn't be a problem when you switch out, and you'll probably be switching out eventually anyway to use Tornadus's ability to recover Life Orb damage. The final move shuts down certain Pokemon, including Blissey and your average Skarmory. Taunt will prevent entry hazards and status, thus making this pokemon effective at any time including (perhaps especially) lead.

An important thing is the HP EVs. Its HP without EVs is 299, so add just 8 HP EVs to survive not only an additional Seismic Toss, but the odd number will also help it survive five Stealth Rocks (as opposed to four).

Once you get to play with this set, you'll come to appreciate the number of things that can't counter it, especially in OU. Think about the Pokemon that can counter it...then remember that pretty much all of them run a healthy dose of status moves and can be outsped and promptly taunted. So, in closing, Tornadus-T brings to the table mastery of the long-lost art, mixed sweeping, and does it far better than any other non-Uber Flying-type out there.