Transfer games from one computer to another

I don't see this happening anytime soon, but if my current computer has to be replaced, would I be able to, for example, plug a usb stick in my current computer, put my games in there, put it in my new computer, put the games in my new computer, and then the games would all be there ready to play? Or would I have to download everything again? I ask because I don't really feel like continually downloading games and losing all my progress constantly as well as cyber security, and there are also a few games like Fire Emblem and Pokemon that I patched and don't feel like patching again. thx

All you need to do is use a usb or whatever data transfer device you prefer and just put your save file on it. After that you just redownload the game (or transfer that too i guess) and place your save in the proper folder.

5 hours ago, Swampellow said:

All you need to do is use a usb or whatever data transfer device you prefer and just put your save file on it. After that you just redownload the game (or transfer that too i guess) and place your save in the proper folder.

Oh. K thanks, wasn't sure if it really was that easy or not.