Poe's New OU Team

Poetic

This is a team I made just to use Pokemon I've never really used before. Any criticism or improvements are welcome

596.gif598.gif526.gif628.gif571.gif623.gif

596.gif @ Metronome

Trait: Compoundeyes

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Volt Switch

- Thunder

- Energy Ball

- Bug Buzz

This Galvantula is more or less based on the one from my Black game. It works as a standard special sweeper with Metronome to make its attacks increasingly stronger so that it can get into incredibly high damage rates. Thunder and Bug Buzz for STAB, Energy Ball for a decent amount of coverage, Volt Switch to get him out of danger.

598.gif @ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 104 Atk / 200 Def / 204 SDef

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Curse

- Ingrain

- Gyro Ball

- Payback

This is a relatively standard Ferrothorn from what I understand. Curse and Ingrain is for survivability, Gyro Ball and Payback to make use of the low speed and high attack.

526.gif @ Salac Berry

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Stone Edge

Again, I'm pretty sure this is a standard Gigalith, but he's done some amazing things for me in tests. Stealth Rock into Salac sweeping/Explosion if I feel like he'll die anyway. Stone Edge for STAB, Earthquake to hit things that resist Rock.

628.gif @ Power Herb

Trait: Sheer Force

Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Crush Claw

- Sky Attack

- Rock Slide

- Shadow Claw

This is actually one of my favorite Pokemon on this team. Sky Attack can hit for massive damage after the Sheer Force boost and with Power Herb they won't have a chance to prepare for it. Crush Claw for a STAB move after Power Herb is used, Rock Slide and Shadow Claw for coverage.

571.gif @ Focus Sash

Trait: Illusion

EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Dark Pulse

- Foul Play

- Flamethrower

- Low Sweep

I'll admit right now, I've loved Zoroark ever since I saw its ability. And when it comes in as any of the other Pokemon on this team, it can be a shock to my opponents. It's meant to work as a Mixed attack and it works pretty well. Dark Pulse for STAB, Foul Play to hit people who use set up moves like Dragon Dance, Flame Thrower and Low Sweep for coverage.

623.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Iron Fist

- Drain Punch

- Ice Punch

- Fire Punch

- Shadow Punch

This is just a basic Golurk set, I think. Iron Fist and Life Orb boost his attacks so that he can hit stuff incredibly hard. Drain Punch for recovery, Ice and Fire punches for coverage, Shadow Punch for STAB.

Alright, like I said up there, any ideas or criticism is welcome. I want to make this team as good as possible, so thanks in advance everyone. Importable below if you want to test it out.

Grand Daddy (Galvantula) (M) @ Metronome

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Volt Switch

- Thunder

- Energy Ball

- Bug Buzz

Thorne (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Rocky Helmet

- Curse

- Ingrain

- Gyro Ball

- Payback

Geode (Gigalith) (M) @ Salac Berry

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Stone Edge

Cobalt Wing (Braviary) (M) @ Power Herb

- Crush Claw

- Sky Attack

- Rock Slide

- Shadow Claw

Agent Z (Zoroark) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Illusion

EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Dark Pulse

- Foul Play

- Flamethrower

- Low Sweep

Iron Giant (Golurk) @ Life Orb

Trait: Iron Fist

- Drain Punch

- Ice Punch

- Fire Punch

- Shadow Punch

Life orb on Galvantula ; Swap energy ball for giga drain, the recovery will be very much welcome for the LO Recoil ;

Curse Ferrothorn might look fancy, yet with the amount of chandelures out there and salamences with flamethrower, your not gonna do much with it. Might like to consider leech seed or something.

Gigalith's good on paper. But sturdy wont save you from the omnipresent Breloom that'll 2hit k.o bullet seed you in 1 turn, making it easily a 6v5.

I also see no situation where Payback would be better than Curse Gyroball Stab on Ferrothorn.

Sky Attack might look fancy, but a one shot trick pony wont do much for you, specially if they have a physical wall like skarmory. What you COULD do is add Brave Bird for a more consistent way to deal damage, slap in maybe a Choice Band or a Life Orb, and maybe consider adding Superpower and / or U-Turn. I see no moment where you would shadow claw instead of brave birding anything.

I would advise replacing Foul Play (Cause first of all, if anyone uses dragon dance, you wont live to tell the story) on Zoroark for another move. I see no reason to invest in attack points just for low sweep, when foul play does not depend on YOUR own attack, but on the opposing pokemon's attack. Could be a substitute, to keep playing the illusion game for longer and surviving priorities leaving unharmed.

Like its been mentioned above, if you really want to use Gigalith might aswell put a Custap Berry on it to guarantee the explosion comes out.

For golurk, you have the huge speed weakness and the fact golurk can die in any water / ice move should let you down in many situations. You have nothing to stop a faster foe from killing you, drain punch has no stab, and i doubt you'll ever K.O anyone with just one. Try the No-Guard set with Dynamic Punch and Earthquake (maybe stone edge and rock polish too, or shadowpunch), you get a little better coverage and with luck the confuse might aswell save your life a couple of times.

EDIT: Alright, taking your suggestions I've edited my team a bit. Here's the hopefully improved version.

596.gif @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Volt Switch

- Thunder

- Giga Drain

- Bug Buzz

Like you said, I put Giga Drain and Life Orb on to try and increase his power. Everything else stayed because I'm happy with all of it except for maybe Volt Switch, but I'll find a replacement for that later.

598.gif @ Rocky Helmet

- Curse

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Power Whip

I swapped out Ingrain for Leech Seed and Payback for Power Whip. Not much else to say regarding her.

526.gif @ Custap Berry

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Stone Edge

Like I said earlier, I did replace the Salac with the Custap. Nothing else changed, really.

628.gif @ Choice Band

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Crush Claw

- Brave Bird

- Rock Slide

- Superpower

I went for a Banded Braviary over a Life Orb one because I think Life Orb damage + Brave Bird damage might be a little too bothersome for me. I also added Superpower for Steel types.

625.gif @ Focus Sash

Trait: Defiant

EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SDef

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

- Poison Jab

I just decided to get rid of Zoroark all together and replace him with Bisharp. One of my friends used a set like this and it was amazing. Swords Dance with Sash to guarantee the set up and then Sucker Punch for the sweep.

623.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: No Guard

- DynamicPunch

- Earthquake

- Rock Polish

- Shadow Punch

I'm going to try out the No Guard set, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I may end up going back to Iron Fist just with Rock Polish instead of Fire Punch.

Importable below if you want to test it out.

Grand Daddy (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb

- Volt Switch

- Thunder

- Giga Drain

- Bug Buzz

- Curse

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Power Whip

Geode (Gigalith) (M) @ Custap Berry

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Stone Edge

Cobalt Wing (Braviary) (M) @ Choice Band

- Crush Claw

- Brave Bird

- Rock Slide

- Superpower

Dark Knight (Bisharp) (M) @ Focus Sash

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

- Poison Jab

Iron Giant (Golurk) @ Life Orb

- DynamicPunch

- Earthquake

- Rock Polish

- Shadow Punch

Edited by Poetic

Bisharp is 100% walled by any fighting type (faster than him, which isnt hard) and cant do anything about it even with sucker punch. Could replace poison jab with substitute to guarantee you'll land a iron head stab. Nothing much else to be said.

Edited by Jupiter

maybe try Psycho Cut instead of Poison Jab or maybe Low Kick/Brick Break on Bisharp?

Psycho Cut would cover fighting type weakness, but its low speed may not be able to do it, so you should probably just use Low Kick/Brick Break against other Steel types and Ferrothorns

I've been meaning to try something other than Poison Jab, actually. So, I'll try Psycho Cut and Low Kick to see which one works better and then edit this to let you all know. Thanks again for all the suggestions, everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Shockingly enough, I haven't seen Keldeo once when using this team, and I use it a lot. Even so, Galvantula or Braviary can generally handle it unless they scarf it (I think), and I'm not sure if that's common practice or not.

Alright looks A LOT better after the edits.

Galvantula: I would advise using hp ice instead of volt switch so he isn't figuritively (or maybe even literally) pooped on by gliscor, landorus, and dragon types that will use you as setup fodder like dragonite and salamence.

Ferrothorn: Looks good.

Gigalith: If you are intent on using gigalith than its fine. In my opinion there are many better stealth rockers out there, but its ok I supose.

Braviary: I would use a scarf set myself since scarfed braviary is really good and besides galvantulla, you have no pokemon who are fast without boosts. However if you perfer the raw power of the choice band versus the abilty to outspeed your opponent, then I can't stop you.

Bisharp: I would go with the set listed

EVs: 252 Atk / 160 HP / 96 Spe

- Swords Dance

- Substitute

- Sucker Punch

- Brick Break

Subsitute makes bisharp extremely difficult to revenge kill. A bisharp with one or two swords dances behind a sub is a nightmare. Anything that tries to touch bisharp gets put down with sucker punch. Brick break is to hit steel types that wall the bisharps that run iron head and gives bisharp great coverage. If I'm not mistaken there no type bisharp cannot hit for neutral damage with this set. I also reccomend leftovers to improve bisharp's survivability while trying to get up subs and set up SD's.

Golurk: Looks good.

Team looks good to me. If I were you, I would replace gigalith with something else to set up rocks. It just kinda seems like a wasted slot to me. You could use something like a specially defensive heatran which can set up rocks and still have a use after rocks are set up. Specially defensive can spounge hits and deliver some nice damage as well. Actually now that I think about it, this team has one HUGE weakness that is also very common in the OU metagame: terrakion. Terrakion can effectively outspeed and OHKO every pokemon on your team with a scarf, except for golurk, which has a good deal of weaknesses, making it not difficult for your opponent to go out into something that can deal with him. You DEFINITELY need to find a counter for terrakion. However i would like to mention that terrakion can be killed by bisharp if he has a sub up ;). I personally like golurk a lot, but it seems that a landorus or landorus T would GREATLY benifit this team. It could deal with terrakion and also function as an effective rock polish sweeper (if thats what you wanted. If not he can definitely run an effective scarf set).

Those were just my thoughts. I like the team, there are just some holes that need to be patched up for it to be taken to the next level. Initially, I was going to give it a 7.5 out of 10. However that severe terrakion weakness leaves it as just a 6 out of 10. I would be happy to rate it again if you posted an edit.

Edited by chasedawg98

• 3 weeks later...

596.gif598.gif618.gif628.gif625.gif623.gif

Alright, I edited the team again rather heavily and I'm rather proud of how it's been handling itself. Seeing as it hasn't been all that long since the last post here and it is still the same team technically, I didn't make a new topic. So, here we go again.

596.gif @ Life Orb

- Hidden Power [ice]/Hidden Power Fire

- Thunder

- Giga Drain

- Bug Buzz

Returning with only slight edits is Grand Daddy the Galvantula. This thing has to be one of my favorite leads since I've started using it. I swap between HP Ice and HP Fire depending on what I see myself as needing.Thunder for STAB with Compoundeyes, Giga Drain to mess with any Rock/Ground types and heal off that Life Orb damage, and Bug Buzz to hit Grass types.

598.gif @ Rocky Helmet

- Curse

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Power Whip

Yeah, exact same as last time because she works pretty well just as she is. I think this is a standard set that doesn't really need much explanation.

618.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Static

EVs: 164 HP / 124 Def / 136 SAtk / 84 SDef

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Discharge

- Scald

- Yawn

- Earth Power

Say what you will. Say Stunfisk is the derpiest Pokemon in existance. I don't care. This little derpfish is a freaking HAX MACHINE. It can put you to sleep with Yawn, it can burn you with Scald, it can paralyze you with Discharge or Static! Earth Power can even lower your special defense! And with Leftovers, it has decent healing.

628.gif @ Choice Band

- Crush Claw

- Brave Bird

- Rock Slide

- Superpower

Yeah, like Thorne, Uncle Sam didn't change at all. He does work just fine the way he is. Crush Claw and Brave Bird for STAB (if you have something to use instead of Claw, tell me. Really.), Rock Slide and Superpower for rather obvious reasons.

625.gif @ Focus Sash

- Swords Dance

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

- Brick Break

Yep, Dark Knight returns with a new moveset. Well, new move, really. Just as you guys suggested, he is now packing Brick Break over Poison Jab, and let me tell you what a difference it has made. Far superior. Everything else is the same.

623.gif@ Life Orb

- DynamicPunch

- Earthquake

- Rock Polish

- Shadow Punch

Another no change. He works incredibly well the way he is, though I do sort of want to run an Iron Fist set again eventually. Regardless, I've seen him turn entire battles around.

Alrighty, folks, that's my new and upgraded team. Please, leave your criticisms below and give me more ideas for the team. Your suggestions have been amazing so far, keep 'em up. Import below as usual.

Grand Daddy (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Thunder

- Giga Drain

- Bug Buzz