*Spoilers* Samurai Jack Ending

Whew, that was a wild ride. Some are definitely going to hate it, but for once I can kind of understand.

I remember constantly thinking in the back of my head "Shouldn't Ashi also disappear? Why hasn't she? Aw well, maybe she and Jack-" *wedding happens* ".............F*CK"

Poor Jack, can't ever catch a break. Personally though, I think this ending is better than him just staying in the future, as not much would have changed and he was longing to see everyone and everything he loved again, although it's almost certain he'll never see (or technically even meet) people like the Scotsman again. I know people are going to rage about Ashi and Jack not getting together, and I understand, after all the turmoil Jack went through it would be nice to have a happy ending, but sometimes the hero has to sacrifice his own well being for the good of others. I also like to think e simly continued living throughout time and met everyone again, maybe even married one of the Scotsman's daughters :P. Almost everyone also made an appearance in the last episode which is just so good, it shows that the writers never forgot. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the ending, sad as it may be.

i haven't reeally followed S. Jack but i want to ask, what happens to akou (whtever his name is) the black monster thingy?

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

honestly, same. as much as I adored ashi and her character, this ending pretty much stuck to the theme season five's had, and it really shows the whole "no gains without losses" thing well (plus the disappearing sequence really reminded me of pokemon mystery dungeon, so I can always imagine that one day he goes on a quest and restores her to existence :P)

although I cried, it was awesome. 10/10 would watch again

12 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

i haven't reeally followed S. Jack but i want to ask, what happens to akou (whtever his name is) the black monster thingy?

he's dead.

The only thing I really didn't like is that he intentionally stalled Ashi's paradox earasure just to maximize the impact.  Paradoxs shouldn't take weeks to resolve.......she should have disappeared immediately.  All it did was make it look like SJ ripped off Gurrenn Lagann's ending, just slightly worse (with the wedding not finishing and not getting an older Jack epilogue).

9 hours ago, seki108 said:

The only thing I really didn't like is that he intentionally stalled Ashi's paradox earasure just to maximize the impact.  Paradoxs shouldn't take weeks to resolve.......she should have disappeared immediately.  All it did was make it look like SJ ripped off Gurrenn Lagann's ending, just slightly worse (with the wedding not finishing and not getting an older Jack epilogue).

Agreed, it was definitely a bit forced in that regard. Never seen Gurren Lagann so I can't make a comparison, but in the end I do think the message still hit home enough to care.