Clefairy

Valkyria

Here's what one Harvard student had to say after encountering Clefairy for the first time:

"I started another game, and I lost even quicker. To add insult to injust, this time I fell victim to a Clefairy, one of the pinkest, most cuddly, most harmless looking Pokemon." (Retrieved from http://www.thecrimso...gon_university/)

Sorry Ms. Veritas, but you were probably battling me. Nobody expects a Clefairy sweep.

035.gif

Sweeper

(Clefairy) (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Cosmic Power

- Softboiled

- Minimize

- Stored Power

Clefairy always comes in at full healthy, regardless of what hazards your opponent has up, thanks to Magic Guard. It allows gives Clefairy immunity to burns and poisons. With eviolite, Clefairy hits 376 SpD with 344 HP. With 1 cosmic power, she reaches 298 Def and 564 Special Def. Not only that, but Clefairy is one the few Pokemon blessed with Minimize, raising its evasion by +2. If your opponent finally lands a hit, it will do almost nothing, or take another 5 turns before he's able to land another. Softboiled shrugs that damage off.

With only one weakness it is SO easy to set up. Once you've maxed out, hit them with a base 380 Stored Power.

Practically invincible in NU due to the lack of phazers/darks, I've experimented Baton Passing quiver dances to it from Masquerain to raise its Speed and Special Attack. Insanely fun. With a Special Attack of 468, Clefairy kamehamehas a base 620 Stored Power, annihilating anything without a psychic immunity.

Edited by Valkyria

Alot like my clefable that i've tried, except I used unaware over magic guard. And I don't really enjoy using evasion boosts, kinda takes the fun away from using pokemon that most people don't use too often. Minimize is pretty annoying now though... Eh, i'd consider it much more interesting and a good idea if it didn't use a +2 evasion move.