Im bored [Ubers]

Noivy

So yea. Maybe Im totally stupid in this area but I kinda get bored. The result are potentially bad teams like the following.

382.gif384.gif249.gif493.gif487.gif492-S.gif

382.gifLeftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

Well. I liked Kyogre, so this was a start. First and formost, Im very paranoid about using Water Spout. Because this is what I use to test every lead that comes in, I like HP a lot. Aqua Ring makes people who think Im an ubers noob rage because paired with Leftovers, it actually does a fine job of maintaining health. Maybe. Godly move covrage and the blessing of Thunder.

384.gifFocus Sash

Trait: Air Lock

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

Physical hitter that likes to set up one dance then rip the opposition to shreds. Also my response to other Weathers, since Air Lock? Messes up weather. So thats what my response to other weather abusing pokemon is like.

249.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Thunder/Hydro Pump

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

Multiscale and Recover is such a wonderful thing. Paired with Rain+Thunder/Hydro Pump kinda makes up for its lack of offensive EVs. If one of the team goes down, this will be my usual response to most things.

493.gifLife Orb

Trait: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

- Recover

- Some random Physical Move that hits hard

Arceus. Not the best but damn, that is one scary Extreme speed STAB after a dance. Recover to take away the effects of the Life Orb

487.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Will-O-Wisp

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

- Rest

Giratina is one of the most grossly misplayed Ubers in the game. It's Altered forme is a wall that makes Chansey cry like a baby. It can phaze and inflict Burns AND Paralysis, coupled with immense bulk and Rest, nothing is going to take this down quickly. Rest can be helped by the next guy, but probably at a cost.

492-S.gifFocus Sash

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Air Slash

- Seed Flare

- Aromatherapy

- Earth Power

Oh hey, my Faster special Attacker. Fast, decent move pool with the hair pulling rage inducing Serene Grace + Air Slash STAB flinch hax abuse, Giratina and Shaymin go hand to hand in making magic. Aromatherapy to save Giratina from Rest or the rest of the walls from general pain from Poison, Burn, Sleep etc. Only problem? It cant take a good hit.

Kyogre @ Leftovers

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

Lugia @ Leftovers

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Thunder

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

Arceus @ Life Orb

- Swords Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

- Recover

- Shadow Force

Mind (Giratina) @ Leftovers

- Will-O-Wisp

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

- Rest

Shaymin-S @ Focus Sash

- Air Slash

- Seed Flare

- Aromatherapy

- Earth Power

I'll add more details later.

Edited by Listar Iostone

• Administrators

So yea. Maybe Im totally stupid in this area but I kinda get bored. The result are potentially bad teams like the following.

382.gif384.gif249.gif493.gif487.gif492-S.gif

382.gifLeftovers

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

Well. I liked Kyogre, so this was a start. First and formost, Im very paranoid about using Water Spout. Because this is what I use to test every lead that comes in, I like HP a lot. Aqua Ring makes people who think Im an ubers noob rage because paired with Leftovers, it actually does a fine job of maintaining health. Maybe. Godly move covrage and the blessing of Thunder.

Easily one of my favorite Ubers. Aqua Ring is eeeehhhhhh but it's certainly not bad. Standard moves otherwise, not much to say since it works.

384.gifFocus Sash

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

Physical hitter that likes to set up one dance then rip the opposition to shreds. Also my response to other Weathers, since Air Lock? Messes up weather. So thats what my response to other weather abusing pokemon is like.

Good choice for the Air Lock abuse, looks painful if it manages to set up- of course, it's painful even if not. Focus Sash may or may not be necessary depending on your prediction ability.

249.gifLeftovers

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Thunder/Hydro Pump

- Psychic

- Aeroblast

Multiscale and Recover is such a wonderful thing. Paired with Rain+Thunder/Hydro Pump kinda makes up for its lack of offensive EVs. If one of the team goes down, this will be my usual response to most things.

Take what I first said about Kyogre, put it here, multiply by at least over nine-thousand. I will never criticize Lugia in any of its forms.

However you may consider a more defensive moveset with those EVs and Nature.

493.gifLife Orb

- Swords Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

- Recover

- Some random Physical Move that hits hard

Arceus. Not the best but damn, that is one scary Extreme speed STAB after a dance. Recover to take away the effects of the Life Orb

Shadow Claw unless you want to get run over by stray ghosts, i.e. Giratina. Also hits the many Psychic ubers Super-effectively. Earthquake is also possible to deal with Steels instead.

Otherwise standard, and extremely painful.

487.gif@ Leftovers

- Will-O-Wisp

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

- Rest

Giratina is one of the most grossly misplayed Ubers in the game. It's Altered forme is a wall that makes Chansey cry like a baby. It can phaze and inflict Burns AND Paralysis, coupled with immense bulk and Rest, nothing is going to take this down quickly. Rest can be helped by the next guy, but probably at a cost.

Pretty legit. I <3 Giratina too, but I tend to use it's Origin Form just because it looks cooler. In Diamond though I do have a defensive one that runs WoW and Calm Mind that I abused in Battle Revolution's end-post-game battles; it's really fun :P

492-S.gifFocus Sash

- Air Slash

- Seed Flare

- Aromatherapy

- Earth Power

Oh hey, my Faster special Attacker. Fast, decent move pool with the hair pulling rage inducing Serene Grace + Air Slash STAB flinch hax abuse, Giratina and Shaymin go hand to hand in making magic. Aromatherapy to save Giratina from Rest or the rest of the walls from general pain from Poison, Burn, Sleep etc. Only problem? It cant take a good hit.

60% flinch rate on a STAB move. It doesn't really need to take a hit. Again, I'm not sure if Focus Sash is the best choice, but, it does make more sense here than on Rayquaza. I do like the support move thrown in, since all else you could really use effectively would be Hidden Power anyway.

Kyogre @ Leftovers

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Aqua Ring

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

Lugia @ Leftovers

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Thunder

- Psychic

- Aeroblast

Arceus @ Life Orb

- Swords Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

- Recover

- Shadow Force

Mind (Giratina) @ Leftovers

- Will-O-Wisp

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

- Rest

Shaymin-S @ Focus Sash

- Air Slash

- Seed Flare

- Aromatherapy

- Earth Power

I'll add more details later.

Overall I love the choices, but watch out for Ice moves, considering the abundance of Dragons in Ubers...

Kyogre: The Ubers tier is extremely fast paced, so I wouldn't recommend Aqua Ring on Kyogre. Given your EV placements, Calm Mind would be the better choice.

Rayquaza: Excellent Rayquaza.

Lugia: Lugia's EV investments contradict his moves. In general, Pokemon perform much better when they're committed either to attack or defence, but not both. Commit Lugia to one or the other, and his usefulness will soar. With regard to your team, Lugia would function much better as a wall than an attacker.

Arceus: Good Arceus. The only change I would make is to change the EVs to 244 HP and 12 Speed, which allows your Arceus to beat opposing Arceus of identical build. I've found that the single most important tactic of team building is to always stay one step ahead of your opponents.

Giratina: Dual status is probably a waste of a moveslot. It's probably better to switch Will-O-Wisp with Substitute, parashuffling opponents behind a substitute with dragon tail. See below.

Shaymin-S: This depends on how well you use your Giratina. If you're able to paralyze your opponent's scarfed Pokemon (which are very common in the Ubers tier), then Focus Sash is a better option than Choice Scarf. Otherwise, a scarfed Shaymin-S can work miracles, getting you out of checkmate positions with his flinches.

Kyogre - It certainly gains originality points. While it is nice to see a kyogre that isn't choiced, you might want to switch Aqua Ring with either Calm Mind, or run a Specs/Scarf set and run HP Fire to deal with the Ferro walls that run around. Other than that, it seems pretty solid.

Rayquaza - Nothing to say. Pretty standard set, covers most threats in Ubers. Not much you can do to it will make it better.

Arceus - Good Arceus. I agree that you should get Shadow Claw as your 4th move, because you would get walled by seriously ANY ghost type, not just Giratina.

Lugia - Your EVs do not support the moves you use. Either get a non-offensive move or get special atk investment over Def/Sp.Def. If you change your EVs and/or moves that can be a very good lugia set.

~~~~~Edit 1 - Might want to drop Psychic to run both Thunder and Hydro Pump. Just because it's STAB doesn't make it the best choice. Psychic can't really hit most of Ubers super-effectively, since it is only effective against Poison and Fighting.

Giratina - WoW and D-tail are good. keep those. However, I recommend dropping T-wave for either Draco Meteor or Shadow Sneak. Draco Meteor is powerful whereas Shadow Sneak can be a very reliable form of priority. Rest isn't really good or bad, if you use it right it can be very good.

Shaymin-S - Your 3 moves are standard, and Aromatherapy is good for waking up Giratina to wall more stuff. If you play it right that can be a potentially game-changing combination.

Edited by Livitz