about EV trained pokemon

Tyrael90

Hi, i recently aquired a highly EV trained pokemon trough wondertrade it has 252 EVs on spAtk and speed....but its only on lvl 1 and its stats for speed and spAtk are on 7/8...so i am not very familiar with EVs but as far as i understand it bonus points for EV training are directly added to the stat. I think someone has trained the pokemon and then fed it with a lot of common candys :D I just would like to know if the bonus points for the EV will be added again when its level increases.

24 minutes ago, Tyrael90 said:

Hi, i recently aquired a highly EV trained pokemon trough wondertrade it has 252 EVs on spAtk and speed....but its only on lvl 1 and its stats for speed and spAtk are on 7/8...so i am not very familiar with EVs but as far as i understand it bonus points for EV training are directly added to the stat. I think someone has trained the pokemon and then fed it with a lot of common candys :D I just would like to know if the bonus points for the EV will be added again when its level increases.

i'm guessing it should 

maybe the stats will go +4s or +5s instead of the regular +2s in the start

try levelling it to say about 40-50 and you should be the results

On 27/12/2016 at 2:59 PM, Tyrael90 said:

well i just trained it a little and it seems to ganin 4 on spAtk and 3 on Speed per level...i hope thats the bonus :) well i will just train it a little and see how it is progressing...thanks for your time :)

Yes, it basically works like this.. you get 1 extra point in a given stat for every 4 EVs invested in said stat. That means you get 0.5 extra points at level 50 and close to zero at level 1. Keep training him and you'll see the difference when his level is higher.

And also yes, The +4 and +3 you're seeing include the boost given by EVs

Edited by Aloha