Any consequences to rushing through the game?

Firebane

Hello! Er... I've already gone through reborn twice, my first playthrough was back when there were 13 episodes and my second recent playthrough was done during the community release of episode 16. However, I'm still up to some more pokemans so...

I was thinking about starting a new game and just "rush" through it, not caring much about side quests and what not, only grabbing some pokemon here and there that I do find useful for certain fights. The catch is, once I finish the game I'd basically try to do all events at once and try to have all pokemon that are available as of episode 16 (except some of the ones tagged as limited event).

My question is if it's possible to do that or some pokemon/important items are like "time locked" and once you go past "x" gym or "y" point in the storyline you can't have access to them anymore. I don't mind scenarios like this though: (spoiler tag I guess)

Spoiler

Apparently you can only grab Whismur before Julia, but later on you can buy Loudred then breed for Whismur so that's fine.

Edited by Firebane

rushing ?   well, if you can beat it SMOOTHLY without investing time to do some proper training,  get some items,  pokemon, and stuff, then thre are no consequences (for single player).

I say smoothly, because certain pokemon, items, or maybe some little training (exp + ev) might save you from being stuck in certain hard fights for eons to come.  

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of quests that get "time locked" once you get to the circus since the old Reborn town transforms into the new clean Reborn (and I'm pretty sure those are two completely separate maps). But I can't really name any specific quest that becomes unavailable (other than the "stolen pokemon" sidequest).

14 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:
  Hide contents

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of quests that get "time locked" once you get to the circus since the old Reborn town transforms into the new clean Reborn (and I'm pretty sure those are two completely separate maps). But I can't really name any specific quest that becomes unavailable (other than the "stolen pokemon" sidequest).

Spoiler

Hmm... that makes sense. So my plan would only work if I stopped right before heading to Agate Circus to do everything available, then complete the story up to ep16, then do the rest of side quests & stuff including the new ones from this release.

I suppose I could do that.