Two Noob Questions

ohsnoes

I vaguely remember this game. I updated to episode 15 and restarted my game.

However, I am by no means a veteran at this and was curious if anyone would be able to give me a little advice on two different questions.

1) How do you raise 6-12 pokemon? I always raise about six in every game/fan game I have made but I know that for reborn it is not ideal. Any tips on how I should raise multiple pokemon with as minimal hassle as possible, and how I should select

2) I have a bad habit of forgetting about games once I get stuck. So my question is this: If one could suggest one specific pokemon per gym that I should consider using, what would they be? No starter's please (unless they are one of the ones obtainable in-game post-starting), and they obviously need to be obtainable before the gym in question. (ie. Numel is not obtainable before the first gym, so that would be invalid)

Sorry for my ineptitude and thank you for your help and time :) I really want to watch the story unfold and don't want to wipe on the same guy 50+ times.... (i suck)

1) How do you raise 6-12 pokemon? I always raise about six in every game/fan game I have made but I know that for reborn it is not ideal. Any tips on how I should raise multiple pokemon with as minimal hassle as possible, and how I should select

The game has enough experience between gyms to have a full team of six pokemon with enough experience all the time. Just by fighting all the trainers you should be good to go. If you want to have more than six pokemon, you will probably need to grind in the Grand Hall, where there are trainers you can fight as many times as you want.

2) I have a bad habit of forgetting about games once I get stuck. So my question is this: If one could suggest one specific pokemon per gym that I should consider using, what would they be? No starter's please (unless they are one of the ones obtainable in-game post-starting), and they obviously need to be obtainable before the gym in question. (ie. Numel is not obtainable before the first gym, so that would be invalid)

(Gym 2) A fighting type pokemon like Makuhita or Pancham can be very useful against Florinia, as she has a Ferroseed and a Cradily which are both weak to fighting.

(Gym 5) Any psychic type will massacre Kiki. All her pokemon are fighting type and the field boosts psychic type moves.

(Gym 6) Vanilluxe with Mirror Shot makes Serra, the sixth gym, very easy.

(Gym 10) Any pokemon with Nature Power or Acrobatics (Nature Power becomes Acrobatics) will hurt Samson a lot, since the field doubles its power.

(Gym 11) Having a pokemon will Flash Fire will help a lot against Charlotte. Having two will be an automatic win.

I can think of this on top of my mind. I guess other people will give more advice.

Edited by Lugruf

i often find myself having overtrained pokemon, well up until 7+ badge, so if you want to level multiple pokemon that may be the best option since most gmy leaders have counters to their weakness, on the flip side gmys also have exploitable field weakness that can make things much easier, just talk to ame at the beginning of the gmy and it will let you know about them.

Also if you find yourself underleveled or you want to level a particular pokemon but your out of trainers then you can go back to the place where you got your starter and you can fight trainers repeatedly, they change depending on the amount of badges you have so its always a good place to grind.

Edited by Pluto

To answer your question, you dont necessarily have to have more than 6 pokemon. Admittedly, it makes gym battle much easier, but at the same time, it takes away the challenge. So if you dont like the hassle, stick with 5-6 main pokemon is fine.
Leveling in reborn can be time consuming since the experience between gym battles and events seem barely enough for 4-5 pokemon to reach cap. Outside of that, Grand Hall would be your best bet.

2nd: I know gardevoir single-handedly destroys the last 3-4 gyms. Gallade/ Fighting type is a must against that kid with cinccino and the Arceus boss battle. Arcanine Flash-Fire also gives easy win against charlotte gym.

make sure to get a Fire type.... Fire types are Very useful Early game...
and also get a Geodude evolve it all te way to Golem Earthquake it ALL!!! hahahaha

this is my tip for you for Arceus....

Get a Magnemite with sturdy and Thunderwave
and get someone with Destiny bond....

Magnemite spam thunderwave... until it will die,,,

then switch to Destiny bond user... and *Poof* dead Arceus..

• Developers

Serra (Gym 6) - Magneton with can defeat everything except of her ace with Mirror Shot.

Luna (Gym 9) - you may want to use a Heracross. That thing can easily wipe her entire team.

Samson (Gym 10) - Gardevoir or Espeon can do that solo.

Terra (Gym 12) - You should have some bulky Ice or Fairy type to take care of her ace. It can be a real hurdle otherwise.

Ciel (Gym 13) - Ciel uses a bunch of extremely fast pokemon. You can try to outspeed her with something like Jolteon or Noivern or you can use something bulky. Ciel is surprisingly vulnerable to water, a bulky Vaporeon can be a great help.

Generally don't put focus on having super-effective moves, instead focus on not using pokemon the leader's type is super-effectuve against.

Edited by baldr

Thanks for the help guys!

So I have been playing mostly non-stop and just beat Noel... And beat Fern in the Forest after. Have not started my trek through the forest yet.

My question is does my current team need an update for Radomus?

Current team:

Blaziken - Speed Boost

Blaze Kick

Double Kick

Brave Bird

Bulk Up

Vanilluxe - Weak Armor

Ice Beam

Hail
Acid Armor

Mirror Shot

Emolga - Motor Drive

Acrobatics

Nuzzle

Electro Ball

Double Team

Meowstic - Infiltrator

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Light Screen

Signal Beam

Donphan - Sand Veil

Earthquake

Rollout

Endure

Giga Impact

Ursaring - Guts (The HM slave)

Cut

Strength

Feint Attack

Rock Smash

Which team mate needs to go and why? And what should I replace it with?

Thank you again, and sorry for the inconvenience.