Welcome to all of Poke-Place Reborn!

Welcome, one and all, to my very first RMT! I'd like to start off by saying that I built this team for one reason: to take on the Reborn League with. What makes Reborn stand out from all the rest of the servers is that a lot of the battlers here (including me) are very effective at using underused and underestimated Pokemon to a lethal extent. That's just what many of the League teams tend to do. So, my strategy had me begin by having one check a certain amount of types, since (in my understanding) you must use the same team to defeat the entire league.

Here's the Teambuilding Strategy:

I started off by just looking at the first 4 leaders, thinking about what kind of Pokemon can take care of Grass, Poison, Bug, and Electric types. I saw that Grass and Bug are weak to Fire, and that Poison and Electric are weak to Ground. I instantly thought of Garchomp, considering it has the amazing stats to get the job done. So, it became the first member of my team.

I glanced at the next 4 leaders. Their types were Normal, Fighting, Rock, and Ghost. I linked Rock with Ground, and for Fighting I thought of a Flying move. Ground/Flying... Since I can't use Landorus, then Gliscor it is.

The next 4 were Ice, Psychic, Dark, and Steel. Fire beats Ice and Steel, while Psychic falls to Ghost. With Choice Specs, a Chandelure can easily pave the way with these two attacks.

Next was Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying. When I saw Water and Ground, I thought, "hmm, they're both weak to Grass..." Enter Ferrothorn. The first thing I noticed was that it was beginning to look like a Sandstorm team, and that Tyranitar could be a good check to Fire and Flying types. Thus the Sandstorm core was complete.

Since I currently only have one Special Attacker, I needed a nice, efficient sweeper that could also take some hits from the various types of Pokemon I'd be facing. Reuniclus seemed to fit nicely.

For the record, I haven't used this team yet, so I will appreciate any feedback of constructive criticism. This is also the first team that I would use that wasn't stolen via an importable, because creativity is an are in which I generally suck at. So, without further adieu, here's my team!

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Ice Punch

- ThunderPunch

- Crunch

Standard T-tar with a twist. Dual STAB moves for utilizing Tyranitar's great Attack stat, ThunderPunch for Bulky Waters, and Ice Punch for slow Ground types that switch into me, thinking they can get off an Earthquake.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Fire Fang

- Swords Dance

- Outrage

Old School 'Chomp. Dual STABs to KO things, and Fire Fang to kill Skarms and Bronzongs that switch in on me and think they're safe. I run SD over Dragon Dance because I run a Jolly Nature on Garchomp.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 180 Atk / 252 Def / 76 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Acrobatics

- Earthquake

- Fling

- Substitute

AcroFling Gliscor at its finest. Dual STABs yet again for power. Acrobat is there specifically for bulky Fighting types(i.e. Conkeldurr). Toxic Orb/Poison Heal for Lefties x2. Yay.

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Overcoat

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Psychic

- Focus Blast

- Calm Mind

- Recover

Standard Reuniclus. Not much else to say here. Psychic and Focus Blast for near perfect neutral coverage, while Overcoat protects it from the Sandstorm. Plus, it's a bulky-ass tank.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn's not going anywhere anytime soon for one reason: It's the best stall wall hazard-layer in existence. Dual STAB moves for coverage, and Protect so that I can have a scout on this team, because I would otherwise lack one.

post-277-0-05062400-1332891086.gif

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Energy Ball

- Psychic

Sandy Chandy FTW. There's a reason why Smogon banned this thing. Shadow Tag was the entire cause of Wobbuffet being banned to Ubers for so long. So, put Shadow Tag on the best Special Attacker outside of Ubers, and you get the world's best Revenge Killer. Chandelure owns without Specs, but with them, it rapes. The moveset is self-explanatory. Energy Ball for Water types and Psychic for coverage. It's a Shiny sprite because I own a Shiny Chandelure in White Version :)

I hope you guys liked the team! Leave a comment if you can. That'd be nice.

Importable:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Ice Punch

- ThunderPunch

- Crunch

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Fire Fang

- Swords Dance

- Outrage

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 180 Atk / 252 Def / 76 Spd

- Acrobatics

- Earthquake

- Fling

- Substitute

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Overcoat

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Psychic

- Focus Blast

- Calm Mind

- Recover

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Energy Ball

- Psychic

post-277-0-09449500-1332891104.gif

post-277-0-40218300-1332891318.gif

Edited by WujiKyurem

Chandelure with specs? Too slow, being a revenge killer is impossible now.

League leaders like to put singles teams in a triples battle, so yeah you might want some Rock Slide and Heat Wave.

• Administrators

To be fair, items and EVs can be changed in the league; if he doesn't need it to be fast, or, rather, faster than everything, that set is fine and it can be changed otherwise.

That aside, wow. I knew it was effective because Sand is just good, but wow. I never noticed how specifically it beats most of the leaders @.@

Sand teams are easy too handle, but this Tyranitar is the problem for all leaders.

Might not be so, since plenty of tyranitars have gone down against them... would depend on his skill, theirs, and the random number generators, methinks.

I suspect Laura/Aya/Hardy may present some problems for the team, given that they tend to run doubles/triples. Serra could, too... but again, I guess it'll come down to skill and luck mixed to an extent.

• Administrators

Might not be so, since plenty of tyranitars have gone down against them... would depend on his skill, theirs, and the random number generators, methinks.

I suspect Laura/Aya/Hardy may present some problems for the team, given that they tend to run doubles/triples. Serra could, too... but again, I guess it'll come down to skill and luck mixed to an extent.

Luck especially because Serra likes to use Sheer Cold occasionally LOL

That is if they devote a whole turn to it or like Sigmund and other fake out users that see Tyranitar as a threat.

That is if they devote a whole turn to it or like Sigmund and other fake out users that see Tyranitar as a threat.

Tyranitar isn't exactly fast, so if it goes down due to Fake Out as you said, one turn may not be necessary - it could get killed in the round after the flinch, along with whatever was flanking it (assuming this is doubles/triples).

chandelure isn't banned on smogon, it's not in wifi tier with ST because it wasn't released.

i would suggest hp ice or fighting over psychic unless you really think you need to hit fighting types more than dragon/dark types. also i would move the 4 hp ev's from chandelure off so you minimize hazard damage. SR will make you die on the 4th switch i(not counting sand) because you have an even number in your hp stat. put the 4 ev's to defense to get a little better use of them

also some of your ev spreads seem weird..

maybe 252 hp and defense on reuniclus so it can set up easier, i'd rather set up easier than just hit a little harder. and overcoat? use magic guard it's the same thing but prevents all non-attack damage not just from your sand lol ferro could use some HP invest instead of 252 in both defenses and why 252 defense on tyranitar? lol