Evolution issues

bluesky98

I have a pichu that I got at lvl 15. I understand that pichu evolves through ftriendship, so I tried to level it up to make it evolve. It's now lvl 61, has never fainted and still hasn't evolved. Is this normal? Shouldn't it have reached max happiness by now?

You should have at least 260 friendship by now, but in Reborn it took me two massages and three ev berries after I theoretically reached "max friendship" to evolve my togepi.

Based off gen 6 mechanics, you should have 260 friendship. Based off gen 3 mechanics, you only have 213. My guess is that even though Pokemon Essentials went through generation upgrades for moves and pokemon and abilities, the friendship mechanics may not have changed since the original Pokemon essentials is based off the gen 3 games.

Ok, that might explain it. I just realized that I have a few of those vivid scents, and apparently those can help. Maybe that + another lvl can make it evolve. Thanks for telling me about the friendship mechanic being based off of gen 3, though.

• Developers

Hmm... I usually just give the pokemon Soothe Bell, go to both Salons for a few days and then just level it until it evoles (which is usually soon).

EDIT: Oh this is about Reju. I'm sorry I have not noticed.

Edited by baldr