Optimal Team to beat Samson?

Shinoda Yagami

I'm keeping Delphox and Emolga. Rest have to get switched. I'm training a Hariyama currently after that I'll work with Medicham. Bizarrely enough it seems I can also use my Swoobat here since its type effectiveness is 4 times as good against Fighting. I don't understand why my Emolga's Acrobatics doesn't OHKO his team, since it deals 4X normal damage. I'll try level it up a bit more. I've got 4 boxes of mons to choose from so even though I can't go back chances are I've got enough to work with if there are better suggestions. What dyu guys think?

What nature and attack ivs are your Emolga? If it is negatively impacting physical attack stat of Emolga(say, the likes of calm nature, timid nature etc), Samson's mon will be expected to live off few acrobatics(make sure your Emolga doesnt hold item as Acrobatics only doubles its base power if the poke is itemless) and Emolga doesn't have the greatest base attack stat to fully utilize physical attack moves, so make sure its nature is beneficial one.

Discounting Guts Fighting types(you don't want to double the horrifying attack stat they have already had, esp Guts Hariyama), i see your Delphox retains will-o-wisp, make full use of it, most fighting types are physical oriented and WoW cripples physical moves, not to mention the bonus of whittling down their HPs which some fighting types don't have high HP stats.

Acrobatics is awesome but Emolga itself doesn't hit that hard, and it's a Pokemon that'll start to lag behind by this point in the game anyway. If you want more flying types, Route 2 has Hawlucha and Rufflet/Braviary, which are both hard-hitters. Psychic-types are a little risky in this fight since they're so squishy (even the Ame-Box in the gym recommends sticking to Flying-types) and a lot of Samson's team can consistently roll high High Striker attacks.

What nature and attack ivs are your Emolga? If it is negatively impacting physical attack stat of Emolga(say, the likes of calm nature, timid nature etc), Samson's mon will be expected to live off few acrobatics(make sure your Emolga doesnt hold item as Acrobatics only doubles its base power if the poke is itemless) and Emolga doesn't have the greatest base attack stat to fully utilize physical attack moves, so make sure its nature is beneficial one.

Discounting Guts Fighting types, i see your Delphox retains will-o-wisp, make full use of it, most fighting types are physical oriented and WoW cripples physical moves.

Wow, found the problem. Docile nature but it has only a 6 IV in attack. 30IV in speed though (yaaaayy :P)

Also have a ducky at L.30. Worth training I hope since it has acrobatics too

Wow, found the problem. Docile nature but it has only a 6 IV in attack. 30IV in speed though (yaaaayy :P)

Also have a ducky at L.30. Worth training I hope since it has acrobatics too

The duck should be very useful. It also gets hurricane.

Could you post the movesets of the pokemon that you think will help you win? Most likely like Medicham, Emolga, Delphox and Swoobat. We could give you even more advice if we knew the movesets of your pokemon.

The duck should be very useful. It also gets hurricane.

Could you post the movesets of the pokemon that you think will help you win? Most likely like Medicham, Emolga, Delphox and Swoobat. We could give you even more advice if we knew the movesets of your pokemon.

well Delphox and Emolga are on my sig. Swoobat - Air Slash, Heart Stamp, Future Sight, Air Cutter. Hariyama - Reversal, Close Combat, Seismic Toss, Wake-up Slap. Meditite is the one I got from Kiki. It's untouched. I have some normal flying mons like Pidove/spearow/pidgey. Don't think they'll be much use though, since fighting will be normal effective on them.

You could make a real nice use of will-o-wisp to weaken his pokemon. Just remember not to burn Conkeldurr, and most of the time you'll want to being using Psychic to hit that special side.

Here's the game plan. Assuming his Mienshao isn't scarfed, Swoobat should be able to make quick work of it with air slash. A lot of his team should lose to air slash+heart stamp, assuming you get flinches lol, plus Swoobat should be faster than everything iirc bar maybe Hawlucha. Delphox, Swoobat and Emolga I would assume are the star players here. I reccomend leading with Swoobat also, to start with some momentum. I Hope we helped!

You could make a real nice use of will-o-wisp to weaken his pokemon. Just remember not to burn Conkeldurr, and most of the time you'll want to being using Psychic to hit that special side.

Here's the game plan. Assuming his Mienshao isn't scarfed, Swoobat should be able to make quick work of it with air slash. A lot of his team should lose to air slash+heart stamp, assuming you get flinches lol, plus Swoobat should be faster than everything iirc bar maybe Hawlucha. Delphox, Swoobat and Emolga I would assume are the star players here. I reccomend leading with Swoobat also, to start with some momentum. I Hope we helped!

You surely did!! I'll let you know how it goes

hawlucha is avalible in route 2 during the morning hours, he comes out even against samson due to the flying fighting typing

that also lets you use the bigtop field effects for either of your hawlucha's typings and a majority of its moves

also if you saved some heart scales you can slap roost on it along with aerial ace/wing attack and at level 60ish hawlucha gets swords dance

and if you want hawlucha now you can temporarily adjust your computer's clock to like 6 AM go to route 2 catch a good natured hawlucha and train it up

Yes Swoobat is effective against Samson getting field boost+type advantage.But I will recommend sending Swoobat second,after you defeat the Hariyama because it has Smack Down.Use Emolga and Delphox to defeat and I think Swoobat will take care of the rest easily,

EDIT: you may consider Noivern too,if you have a noibat

Edited by Debojit97

Are your pokemon EV trained? I would imagine Delphox could take care of most of his team by itself with it's high special attack and speed stats switching between Psyshock and Psychic depending on the stats of the pokemon. If I remember right from my battle, Archeops Acrobatics just about everything itself, and then Gardevoir mopped up the rest with Brave Bird Honchkrow and Crobat for back ups. Knowing what you have in your boxes might help us plan out a team for you since you've got a couple hard gym battles coming up after Samson.

Edited by Twitchapher