[IC] Pokemon: Luminous Dawn- Chapter 2- New Places, New Faces!

Jory

Pokemon: Luminous Dawn- Chapter 2- New Places, New Faces!

Accumula Town- April 6th, 2863- 3:00 PM- Jason

The Pokemon Center grew eerily quiet after Marcella's revelation. The police officers were conspicuously avoiding the seating area, with even Officer Jenny leaving our brave protagonists alone with the newcomer. The buzz around the scene of the crime had begun to die down anyway, but with Marcella's arrival the tape across the back door seemed to fade into the distance. The woman had an unmistakable air of determination surrounding her. Between her hardened eyes and her dark-clad Marowak, she was more than just menacing. Not a word had been exchanged among the group since Marcella joined them, as though her very presence had removed their ability to speak.

Jason sat stock still, reeling from the knowledge he'd just acquired. How were they supposed to trust this woman if she claimed to be that creep's sister? Jason shuddered, recalling what the man in black had said to all of the Trainers before his rapid departure from the rear of the Pokemon Center. Is she even any different? he wondered. Then, he thought about the things she'd said. She'd called the man a "psychopath" and his Electivire "trigger-happy." Those weren't the words of an affectionate sibling, but of a bitter enemy. With this realization, Jason sighed.

"There's no point in sitting here and doing nothing," he said quietly, looking the woman in the eyes. "If he's really your brother, I think you have a good idea of what went down already. That Electivire of his came out of nowhere and knocked out all of our Pokemon. Then, him and his goons made off with the Poke Balls. We couldn't stop them," he said miserably, putting his head in his hands and pulling them tightly through his hair. "All those people's Pokemon, gone without a trace." He looked down at his Poke Balls, which contained his now-fainted Pokemon. "We weren't strong enough. His power was unbelievable. I know that you may discount my opinion because I'm just an Amateur, but I've watched my fair share of the Pokemon League Championships on TV. I've rarely seen a Pokemon exude so much raw power."

He then looked inquisitively at Marcella. "But I'm sure you got all that from the Police before you came over here to talk to us. We've been answering questions since your brother blasted his way in, so I think it's our turn now." He stopped looking to the rest of the group. "I'm sure you all have just as many questions as I do, so I'll start off."

He looked grimly at the red-haired woman, all traces of the usual humor gone from his eyes. "What I want to know is who were those goons with him? Do they work for him?"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accumula Pokecenter - The Aftermath - Mio

The pain written across Jason's face as he spoke broke Mio's heart into pieces. Watching his energetic, humorous, charismatic leader-- no, friend-- break down crushed his fragile facade. He was desperately holding back tears as Jason looked up at him again, determined face smudged and blurred by Mio's watery eyes.

But to Mio, Jason's words of resolve rang hollow. Not because Jason didn't mean it, but because it simply wasn't possible. There was no escaping the fact that he'd lose; that they'd all lose some time or another. Sometimes... trying your best simply wasn't good enough. Mio had learned that the hard way, twice in one day.

Dispirited, he allowed himself to be herded around by the police and FIB, clutching tightly to Meena and Loam's pokeballs.

Accumula Pokecenter - April 6th, 2863, 3:00 PM - Mio

Although still shaken by the earlier attack and Jason's heartfelt speech, Mio listened to the red-headed woman Marcella with rapt attention. She was definitely intimidating, but she had a different feel to her than the woman from the rally and the helmeted man. He wasn't ready to trust her entirely just yet-- she could have easily been lying to them about her feelings for her brother-- but his first impression was a good one.

After Jason spoke, Mio piped up.

"Um, the man mentioned something about an Initiative... he made it sound like he had some kind of leader position. Also, he said something like 'we are the harbingers of a Luminous Dawn,' so... I'm wondering if you've heard anything about that?"

Edited by genderlesshawke

Accumula Town, April 6th, 2863- 3:00 PM:

Good Cop, Skeptical Marowak

"That's their name. They call themselves Luminous Dawn," The red-head answered both questions at once. The ground type at her side couldn't help but question the speed of the reply; was it really wise to go giving out info to these kids? What the hell could they do to possibly help anyway, they were freaking amateurs, amateurs who could've well gotten themselves murdered today at that... "A bunch of loons who have been going around hitting places around Unova like this for a while now- this is the fourth time in the past three months, infact. As for if they work for him or not, from the reports we have, he's obviously tied to the organization, but we don't know what his exact role is. He could be El Chapo himself, a cohorted sympathizer of whatever they want to do with all those stolen mons, or he could just be working off some contract deal like a mercenary... either way, I don't know, I wasn't there. Why don't you tell me if you think they were his underlings or not?"

Accumula Pokecenter - April 6th, 2863, 3:00 PM – Brendan

“They were afraid of him,” Brendan said. His seat was placed so that he could still see the counter where not long ago Titan received treatment. His face rested on his folded hands while his gaze was focused on the floor right in front of him.

“He pretty much called them trash and a waste of time… Almost like he was forced to take them with him against his will. He was definitely in charge but I don’t think they actually work for him but under his command.” Brendan never made eye contact with anyone while he spoke. But the tone in his voice carried a certain disgusted feeling towards the Luminous Dawn members.

Accumula Pokecenter - Alecks and Alice

The two twins sat next to each other, neither talking much but instead taking comfort in the other's presence. The siblings always became close when disaster struck, and now was no different. Their only physical contact was their shoulders leaning against each other's, but that was enough for them. Their heads down in horrible defeat as they stared down and contemplated what had just transpired. The two young trainer's had their respective pokeball's in their hands, staring at them and wishing they could bring out their partners to be with them. But they knew their pokemon needed rest after that last battle.

The two young trainer's were both silently recovering from their last defeat. Alecks lost in his own thoughts, his face seemingly emotionless but Alice was able to tell from years of living with him the small signs that revealed his anger. They knew each other better than anyone, and she was easily able to tell how upset this loss had made him. And she understood exactly how he felt, she had been powerless to help Raven. Watching her defeated so easily tore a hole through her heart.

Alecks himself couldn't believe how easily they had lost, he barely even had time to register what had happened. But he knew no matter the threat that man had told them, he would face him again. Alecks wouldn't allow him to get away with his crime. He and Apollo needed to get stronger, then they would take down that man and his electric ape.

So absorbed were the twins with their own thoughts that they didn't speak much with what they now knew was that man's sister. He wasn't sure how much he could trust him, but she was better than nothing. Especially if she could give them any information so they didn't end up lost in the dark.

"So these "Luminous Dawn" guys...how dangerous are they?" Alecks asked Marcella calmly, not wanting to show any worry or doubt. "Your brother threatened us with a fate worse than death if we ever met again. Are they known for murdering others or was it just a worthless threat he gave to try and scare us."

Edited by Shadow Sketches

"Dangerous enough that none of you should be fucking with them like you did today..." The reply came before the boy was barely even through with the question, so harsh and sharp that even the Marowak turned his head in surprise at her ferocity. She refused to meet his eyes. "at least, he is. I couldn't care less about his grunts, they're all just cannon fodder, stormtroopers who are only strong when they gang up and start gaining the advantage of numbers. But him? He's vader himself by comparison, there's so much blood drenching his hands already, it would drive a golbat insane...I would know, I followed the trail he left all the way here. I don't know what the hell is exactly wrong with his head, but either way, he's a sick and twisted fuck, and if he said he was going to kill you the next time you meet, then he meant it with every fibre of his being.

So don't give him the chance, you see him again, you don't fight him, you don't start anything with him, don't even let him know you're there, you just run the other direction and leave this fight to the police and league members and senior-ranked trainers, the ones who actually know what they're doing. Last thing I want to see is six dead amateurs I have to add onto his confirmed body count."

Alecks clicked his tongue in annoyance, he had guessed that would be her answer but he still wanted to make sure for himself. He knew at their current state they couldn't hope to face him. The man has a fully evolved Electivire after all. But Alecks knew he and Apollo would get stronger. For now they would just have to stay back, until they were ready to face him.

As the young trainer sat there quietly in his own thoughts, Alice reached over and grabbed her twin's hand in her's. Giving it a reassuring squeeze as the two looked at each other. Alecks gave her a small smile and squeezed her hand back. The two had each other's back, no matter what.

Alice tore her gaze away from her brother's and looked over towards the red headed woman before her eyes wandered over towards the back of the Pokecenter. "How bad is the damage? Does the equipment still work?" She asked, wondering if they would be able to let their injured pokemon get some medical help.

"Nope..." Marcella stated, grimly. "you guys might've survived your encounter today, but the center's healing gear did not. Look like when he put your partners out of commission, the machinery was taken down as collateral. Though, hell, knowing him the bastard probably did it on purpose... out of nothing but pure dicketry, plain and simple. If you want to heal something, I suggest you ask one of those EMTs I've seen wandering around. They should be able to... they have to be trained on both people and pokemon alike in order to be legally certified for the job."

Her tone deflated a bit more than it already had during that last part, as if somehow bothered by the statement coming out of her own mouth. Whatever it was though, she moved on to the next topic...

"You guys...none of you happened to see his actual face, did you?" She said, though it was hard to be certain whether the question was rhetorical or not. Her eyes focused on them no longer, but rather the crime scene behind them all, Her Marowak letting out a graveled sigh and shaking his skull all the while.

Accumula Pokecenter - Mio

Mio listened carefully to everything Marcella had to say. When she asked them her second question, he took note of her defeated tone and the way her Marowak reacted.

"Well, no, actually," he said. "He was wearing some sort of black helmet with gold detailing. There was a red visor covering his eyes, too. Um, I'm sorry if this sounds rude but... I'm getting the feeling you were expecting that?"

Accumula Town- Pokemon Center

As if on a cue from Marcella, an EMT walked over to the group seated on the couches. "Hi, my name's Emmett," he said rather cheerily given the atmosphere and general mood of the room at that particular moment. "My supervisor said that there was a group of Amateurs over here whose Pokemon got caught up in that nasty Discharge," he elaborated. "If any of you need your Pokemon healed, I'd be happy to bring their capsules out to the ambulance for you while you finish up here. After all, I'm sure the police wouldn't want you leaving the scene of a major crime without being properly accounted for," he said with a light chuckle.

The EMT held out a small mesh bag, much different from the ones the Luminous Dawn had been using. "I'll make sure I get them right back to you, I promise."

Accumula Town- Pokemon Center- Jason

Jason nodded to the EMT, cautiously placing both Rascal and Gomez's Poke Balls into the mesh pouch. "Thanks," he said quietly. "We really appreciate it." He then turned back to Marcella, his eyes hard. "You know that I can't let your brother get away with everything he's done," he said slowly. "Stealing Pokemon? Knocking out all of ours without even a second thought paid to us?" he continued, getting more worked up as he went. "There's just no way! No way I'll lose to him again!" he said resolutely. "I know we're just Amateurs, but we're going to get stronger. You just wait and see." He crossed his arms, looking harshly at the woman. "And don't even think about berating me for being just another stupid kid, because I'm not. I know he's immensely powerful and that none of us stand a chance right now. But we have an advantage that he doesn't. He thinks he's scared us off for good, but we know that we have to train hard to beat him. And given what he said, well..." he paused. "We just can't afford to lose."

The twins looked at the other questioningly once the EMT offered to heal up their pokemon. He seemed nice enough but after what happened earlier, they were wary of giving someone they didn't know their partners. But what other choice did they have?

After a couple moments, they both gave in and carefully placed their pokeballs inside the pouch. Quietly muttering their thanks before leaning back into their seats. Alecks' eyes seeming to drift here and there impatiently while Alice crossed her long legs as she watched the others. Both siblings crossing their arms over their chests, it was easy to see how others could have a hard time telling them apart if they didn't pay attention.

Accumula Town - Pokecenter - Jack

Jack put both of his partners' pokeballs into the mesh bag and then thanked the EMT, a troubled look on his face having been there ever since Lara and Leonidas had been KO'd by the Discharge and returned to their capsules. He then spoke up.

"Well, if we're to continue on our journey in any sort of confidence, we'd best get some kind of contingency, as a just-in-case for if we ever do run into that guy again. I'm hoping that we don't ever need it, but it's better to be prepared and not need something than to be unprepared and in trouble. I'm going to make getting an electric-proofed pokemon of some sort as a partner high on my priorities list, but I won't resort to overly-drastic measures to get one."

Accumula Town, April 6th, 2863- 3:05 PM:

The Anatomy of a Criminal

The marowak facepalmed, shaking his skull ever more. Damn noobs, so determined to get themselves killed, deluded as if it were a JRPG and all that mattered to beat the boss was pwning as many slimes as you can to grind levels. If the boss you're after won't fight fairly though, if they're not the type to play by the same rules as all the lesser enemies you stomped on the way to get there, no amount of level-ups can save your ass. If he's got an instant kill attack or teleportation or invulnerability, or some other bullshit tactic, that pretty little bar expressing your current exp won't be worth a damn.

Marcela however, only pursed her lips. Of course, there's almost always that one, brash idiot in a party like this one, who disregards important advice like it's nothing... and in a group nearly all male to boot, she would've been surprised if at least one of them hadn't refused to listen."You just got your ass handed to you on a silver platter and told by some condescending douche not to get in his way again," She began, not batting an eye at the impassioned speech "and now you want to spite him, you want revenge after losing so badly."

Then with a glance at the marowak and a nudge of her head to the noobs "Nemo."

The skull faced killer looked at her for a moment, uncertain. Within a few moments of eyeing each other though, he finally relented, throwing back the dark cloth around him to reveal his body; or rather, more specifically... the series of ridged, faded scars traversing most of his torso and shoulders, each of them flowing in enormous sets of three, as if he'd been mauled by a beast far larger than himself. There was no amusement in the look Marcela shot Jason.

"That's what a Dragonite does, full-powered Outrage. A long time ago, I used to look at his scars, and see nothing but constant reminders of how I failed him, how I let him be injured like that. I used to ask myself why I didn't do more, why I didn't just tell him it was alright and make him stop. I hated how hard I had dropped the ball..." She nodded, almost apologetically. Nemo watched them all silently as he readjusted the cloak, anyone watching close enough perhaps spotting a small white stone choker around his neck, before it was covered yet again.

"So fine, I get it. Really, I do. You want to redeem yourself. Make up for losing to someone like that, because in the end, you feel it's your own inadequacy that led to such terrible defeat. You refuse to blame your partners, because they tried the hardest they possibly could for you until the very end. But here's the thing, it ain't as simple as you're making it out to be. This particular someone you wanna redeem yourself against, this one man you feel like you just have to beat, he's not like some league member or rival. He's not like any regular, competitive battler like you normally fight, criminals never are. That's the one thing you're not understanding here. The league has rules, ya know. Trainers like you all and I, and our partners, we follow those rules, we have boundaries, ethics... lines drawn in the sand over how far things are supposed to go. Even rivals who seem like total assholes have to have some ground where not even they'll tread just to win. But Crooks... terrorists, poachers, mobsters, you name them, they don't have those rules. They're not in it for glory, or to bond with their partners or grow as people, or any of that standard stuff people go on journeys for in the first place.

Unlike regular people, they play for keeps. They get beaten, they don't lose just a portion of whats in their wallet, or reputation, or respect, they lose all the bloody profits they've made off the suffering of their victims, or all their work towards whatever nefarious plot they've been cooking up goes down the drain, or they might get jail time....whatever their stake in the battle, it doesn't matter. Because when they fight, there are no rules. They won't restrict themselves to just attacking your partners until they faint, they'll go after you right along with them. Cut off the head, the Arbok dies. And trust me, the real Big Bads, the really scummy ones? Your El Chapos and Giovannis and Drug Kingpins, your High Class Smugglers and Slavers? They won't stop until the Arbok is dead, and the threat is down for good."

A hand on his shoulder. It happened so quick, Jason had no time to react or even register it was coming. It was just... suddenly there. She was quick, definitely so. And those eyes were hard like steel... though there lay something beneath their hardened facade, as too what though... "So please, for the love of Arceus, just stop and listen to me, before you get yourself murdered trying to be a damn hero." She said. "Just training hard... that's not gonna cut it. When your enemy does things you never expected, when they hold nothing sacred, break all the rules of the game because they aren't bound by the rules of the game, then leveling up only does so much. Even an entire, disciplined army can fold like soggy paper, if their enemies don't follow the same rules of 'war' or 'honor' they do. Horses and muskets in perfect formation on an open field can do little against natives sniping down people from the treeline and disappearing with the wind, only to show back up again somewhere else and pick off more of them."

Accumula Town- Pokemon Center- Brendan

Brendan reluctantly placed Titan’s Pokéball in the EMT’s bag. He didn’t like giving his partner to a random stranger, especially after what just happened. But he also knew Titan needed the treatment. It didn’t stop him from eyeing the man until he was out of sight.

After hearing the woman’s story, he sighed. Somehow she was really annoying. “Look, we get it, alright? It’s not like we’re going after that guy so we can boost our ego. All my friends meant is that we need to get stronger no matter the circumstances. Since we’re travelling trainers and he’s robbing Pokécenters, there is a very big chance we might run into him again. And from what you’ve told us I doubt he’s going to let us walk if he sees us next time. Running away won’t help, facing him as we are right now is out of the question so that leaves us with very little options.” His tone matched his annoyance and Brendan finally gave in to his anger.

“So if getting stronger won’t help us get away from him, what are we supposed to do? Open our arms wide and tell him to give us his best shot? Run away so he can take us out one by one? Call you for back-up and hope you miraculously appear on time? Because by the looks of it you’re all doing a very good job to prevent things like this from happening. Instead of treating us like little kids, why don’t you go and catch some of them? Because maybe, just maybe, that might save our asses later.”

"What are you supposed to do?" She turned her attention to the other boy, backing off jason "you don't go running in trying to be the big damn heroes again. He only threatened you this time because you meddled in Luminous Dawn's affairs, and the next time you do it, you're screwed beyond a doubt. But if you don't meddle, he has no reason to kill you. So don't try to intervene next time, and you won't even have to worry about fighting or flying from his wrath in the first place. That's what you do, just leave the fucking hero work to someone else for now."

From the daggers she stared, she had far more she wanted to say, so much more, but

"Maro!" The ground type shouted, tapping his wrist as if to indicate a watch and nodding to the doors. Enough of this bullshit, he knew none of them were going to budge on this; she was talking to a brick wall at this point. Couldn't care less what they did, either take counsel or leave it, whichever one, his partner'd done all she could. If they died now, it would be because they chose to be stupid, and he didn't particularly pity those who did because they were stupid.

Besides, the two of them would be better off just heading to the next lead.

She glanced back and forth between the Marowak and the boy, finally relenting with a sigh. "Ya know what? Fine.... just... fine. If you all are so damn fixed on getting stronger, there's a Gym in Striaton City, take on the leader and his underlings, earn their badge. Find the other gyms, do the same. Whether you guys decide to listen to any of this or not is up to you, but either way... I've got business in Castelia.

With that, she turned and took her leave, but not without one last glance over the shoulder at Brendan and Jason... though she said nothing. The marowak turned and gave them a single, raised hand in farewell as he followed, once more leaving the group alone in the main reception area.

Accumula Town- Pokemon Center

The EMT returned to the couches and handed the mesh pouch over to Brendan, giving the group a quick smile. "First time meeting Marcella, huh? Don't take it personally. She tried to get the FIB to back off of the Luminous Dawn as well. But she's right, you know. You're just Amateurs for now. Your Pokemon got pretty banged up fighting those goons, but they're ready to go again. Be more careful next time. Good thing we bring Healing Machines in with the ambulances, huh?" he asked rhetorically. "I heard Marcella mention the Striation City Gym. If you want to get there, you'll have to take Route 2. It's back West through the Town Square. You can't miss it." With that, he gave the Trainers another smile and walked outside.

Everyone's Pokemon have been fully healed!

Main Quest Added: "Onward to Striation City!"

-Proceed to Route 2

-Reach Striation City

Accumula Pokecenter- Mio

Mio stayed quiet throughout Marcella's lecture, staring down at his feet. She was right; they were lucky they'd gotten off with just a few scrapes. Next time it could be worse.

He clutched at Meena and Loam's pokeballs, eyeing the friendly EMT with suspicion. However, as the others acquiesced, he reluctantly handed them over. His leg jittered impatiently, even as Marcella's berating continued. He was too nervous to listen with his normal intentness, and he'd pretty much gotten the point already anyways. It wasn't like he wanted to go after some helmeted psycho.

After the intense redhead had stormed off and the EMT from before had handed back Meena and Loam, Mio sighed, snapping on his rollerblades before pushing himself to his feet.

"She's right," he muttered, avoiding looking his fellows in the eye. With another sigh, Mio glided his way outside, hands shoved deep into his pockets.

Accumula Town- Pokemon Center- Jason

After retrieving his Balls from Brendan, the Amateur Trainer tailed Mio outside followed closely by the rest of the group. Once they were all grouped together and wondering where to go, Jason’s XTransceiver began to ring. He answered it quickly, prompting a hologram of Bianca to project above it.

“Hey, guys, Bianca’s on the line!” he said, beckoning everyone into view of the camera.

The Researcher looked rather serious, her Snivy snorting derisively and turning up her nose. “I heard what happened at the Pokemon Center from an old friend of mine. I hope you’re all okay!” she said quickly, taking a quick head count. “Seems like you all made it out in one piece. I don’t have a whole lot of time to talk, but I figured I’d give you all a quick tip! We’re on our way to Striation City to challenge the first gym and get the Trio Badge!” she bubbled. “Anyway, there are a few local kids battling along Route 2. They seemed pretty aggressive! If you’re looking for a battle along the way, I’d start there!” A voice called her from out of frame, prompting her to turn to hear it better. “Oh, shoot! I’m falling really far behind! Okay guys, have a great day! See you in Striation City!”

The hologram clicked off as soon as it had turned on, disappearing from view. Jason turned to the others. “So I guess if we want to get to Striation City, we either need to go off the beaten path or clear those other Trainers out of the way. I know which I’m doing,” he said firmly, taking a Poke Ball off his belt. He depressed the button, releasing Rascal from his ball. “If you’re all ready, we should head out.”

Quest added: “The Top Percentage!"

-Battle the Youngsters on Route 2

Route 2- Entrance- 3:45 PM

After walking back through Accumula Town, our heroes found themselves walking through the gate to Route 2. Finally, they were heading into unexplored territory, and this time without Bianca to bail them out. As they exited into the warm late afternoon light, they found themselves on an even dirt path that was wooded on either side. From their left came a breeze blowing in from the water about a half mile through the woods. To their right, they could see a large ridge over the treeline. Supposedly, Striation City was on the other side of the ridge. The dirt road went forward into the forest for about a mile, following parallel to the ridge before turning toward it at the end. In order to reach Striation City, they would have to find a way over the ridge. It seemed like the dirt path was their best bet for now, as it was clearly marked with signs saying “Route 2.”

The group could continue onward together, or begin to split up.

Route 2- Jason

The Amateur Trainer stopped walking and looked around, letting out a long whistle. "Wow. Everything out here somehow seems bigger than near Nuvema Town," he said with wonder. "I've been to Castelia City, but never on foot. This is a whole other ballgame," he said, making finger guns at Brendan as he made his bad pun. "I'm going to stick to the path for now," he decided, looking back at his groupmates. "I'm sure if you cut through the forest, you'd be more likely to find yourself a wild Pokemon. But for now, I think most of us are better off staying on the path. After all, that's where Bianca said the Trainers are more likely to be."

Route 2 – Brendan

Brendan was torn for a moment between following the path and cutting through the forest. A part of him really wanted another team member but the memory of Titan being blown back was still too fresh. Right now his priority was training his Roggenrola.

“I’m going with Jason,” the young trainer declared, releasing his partner and pretending he never saw Jason's finger guns. Hopefully the trainers were around his level so he wouldn’t have to use all his newly bought potions. After all the trouble they had been through so far, a fair and equal battle was all Brendan wished for.

Route 2 - Mio

Mio considered his choices carefully before making his decision.

"I guess I'll stay with Jason," he said, although he sounded doubtful. "I'm worried about what type the Gym is, but I guess catching another team member can wait until Meena and Loam are up to scratch." He released Meena as he spoke, the cat giving her trainer an insulted look.

Route 2- Alecks and Alice

Alecks went along with the others on the path, mindlessly riding along on his skateboard as he looked around their surroundings. Apollo had been released from his pokeball soon after he had been healed and was now on his usual spot on Aleck's left shoulder. After a little while, Alice reached a hand over and pulled on Aleck's hoodie, which he had tied around his waist since it was starting to get warmer under the sun. He quickly stopped in his tracks and looked back at his sister, wondering what she wanted.

Alice leaned forward until her lips were near his ear and whispered to him. "I want to go through the forest, want to come?"

Alecks nodded without a second thought. "Of course," he whispered back, "wouldn't want to let you get lost after all." Alice gave him a slight glare at his remark but a small smile eventually escaped her, she was glad that he was coming with her.

Alecks stepped off his skateboard and picked it up, walking on foot rather than on wheels was usually easier in forests. He then began walking towards the treeline with Alice next to him, looking back at the group as he went. "Hey guys, we're going to go through the forest instead. We'll catch up with ya'll later. If you need us, you know how to reach us." He said as he pointed to the XTransceiver, then gave a small wave of farewell before the two disappeared into the wild forest.

Edited by Shadow Sketches

Jack - Route 2

Jack shrugged, and spoke to the others.

"Well, I did want to see new places, and what better way than to go exploring off the beaten path?"

He then sent out Lara and Leonidas, who walked on either side of him as the trio went into the forest and off of the path.

Route 2- Main Path- "The Top Percentage!"

Jason, Brendan, and Mio bid farewell to the rest of the group and continued along the main path. For the first leg of their journey they ran into little trouble, the serene forest path making for a picturesque beginning to their journey as they traveled through the wooded area. As they reached the bend in the trail, they began to hear the sounds of battle in the distance. Jason stopped to listen for a moment, feeling genuinely excited for the first time since the Pokemon Center. "You hear that?" he asked his fellow travelers, his voice low.

"Patrat, Tackle!" came the next command. The next sound was that of a clean hit, followed by a cry of despair from whatever other Trainer had been over there. The telltale sound of a Pokemon being returned was heard along the path. Whatever battle had been going on just ended.

"What should we do?" Jason asked Brendan and Mio.

Route 2, Main Path - "The Top Percentage!" - Mio

Mio started at Jason's question, nearly dislodging Meena from her perch on his shoulder. His attention had been entirely elsewhere, leaving him confused as to what Jason was referring to. It didn't take long for him to realize though, as a solid thwack sounded across the path. Tension rose in his stomach and forced its way into his throat. He gave an involuntary gulp before responding to Jason's second question.

"Well... let's go see what's up, I guess. Unless... either one of you had something in mind?" Mio's voice trembled ever so slightly as he spoke; it couldn't have been hard to tell that he was nervous. Meena leaped from her trainer's shoulder and paced impatiently in front of the trio, clearly ready to get started.

Route 2, Main Path - "The Top Percentage!" – Brendan

“Turning back now seems like a waste,” Brendan said. “We told the others we would meet up with them. And besides we knew there would be battles along the way.”

The battle noise that actually reached them, made Brendan relax a little for now. If he could find an opponent around the same level and with the right intentions, he would accept the challenge. Titan could use the training and Arceus knew Brendan was in dire need of more experience.