In game set for Magnezone

Lugruf

I've read that Magnezone is supposed to be a very good pokemon to play in Reborn so I was looking for a good set for it. What ability should I use, and what coverage moves? Is there a way of having a playable Magnezone without breeding HP?

the standard one id say is like this

Sturdy

Thunder wave

flash cannon

discharge

Hp-Fire/ice or Charge beam though Hidden power is infinitely more useful

Edit:if you dont want to hunt for these to hidden powers well there are some others that can work well for coverage such as ground and fighting but magnet rise is also an option to get rid of ground weakness

and a gimmicky set just for the heck of it

Sturdy

Mirror coat

thunderwave

supersonic

flash cannon

run into a special attacker you can kill dont worry have it attack magenzone it goes to sturdy and mirror coat kos it as a thanks

and

Sturdy or analytic

lock on

Zap cannon

Flash cannon

electric terrain

ok electric terrain + stab is almost equal to a 200 base power Zap cannon with a chance to paralyze super strong and thats before the + 30 percent of analytic

i may warn the last two are gimmick sets but if they work they are awesome in function

Edited by NovaKnight

Ha! Is it pure coincidence that I came online just to see this? Nay, it is the divine guidance of the Magnet Lord himself! His power has Magnet Pulled me, as is only right and just, to this topic where I can claim duly to be among the foremost authority!

In all seriousness, Magnezone is not only an excellent Pokémon in general, but easily the best and sttongest electric type available in Reborn, and among the best Steel types as well. It boasts great special attack and bulk, augmented by a fantastic defensive typing that resists 11 out of 18 types.

Gaining Magnezone: Magnemite is fortuitously available as soon as you can access Shade's gym, i.e, even before the lv.45 cap. It is found around lv32, and as it evolves into Magneton as soon as lv30, you can evolve it right away to obtain a powerful Pokemon in itself.

The Lord Magnezone, however, has been made.more difficult to obtain simply because he is so deadly to abuse that early in the game. I think it's not until after Aya that you can access the horrible wasteland strength puzzle that yields you Solosis and the Yureyu key, who h unlocks Rotom's rooms at the back of Shade's gym, wherein Magneton can be levelled up to evolve.

Magnezone's Strengths:

Competitively, Magnezone is a powerful Special Attacker which makes excellent use of moves like Flash Cannon and Discharge, both of which it learns naturally and which are mandatory on every set (Since the Thunderbolt TM is not yet available) and in its other two slots, typically runs HP Fire and Volt Switch for momentum.

Unfortunately, Volt Switch is not available as a TM yet, and I do not expect everyone to believe in the power of dedication as much as I do, to breed hundreds of Magnemite to get perfect IVs and HP Fire (seriously, genderless Hidden Power breeding in Reborn is a nightmare, especially since you have only one Ditto)

So, in Reborn, Magnezone will make good use of a number of other useful moves it has access to. Thunder Wave is an excellent speed control tool, which is also learned naturally. Charge Beam (from Julia) can be taught to Magnezone to allow it to quickly become a boosting machine that demolishes all that is slower and isn't a Ground type. Magnet Rise can help it alleviate its horrible Ground weakness, its only true flaw. Tri Attack is learned only by Magneton before it evolves, but it is reasonably powerful and allows for hax if you choose to use it. An alternative Hidden Power that works well, like Fire, Ice or Grass, is also fine. DON'T use physical moves or gimmicks like Zap Cannon or Lock On, they do crap since they're either terribly inaccurate or require two turns to use. Remember, two Discharges are stronger than one two-turn Lock On + Zap Cannon. Discharge also has a nifty Paralysis chance.

Sets:

Modest is the nature to go, maximizing Special Attack and minimizing the useless Attack stat. An EV spread that maximizes Special Attack and HP would be useful, though in Reborn it might be better to run a competitive spread of 128 HP and 128 Speed to get the jump on slower, uninvested opponents. The item of choice can be a Magnet/Zap Plate or a Metal Coat/Iron Plate, or even an Air Balloon if you want temporary security in the face of ground types (though this isn't worth it most of the time in Reborn)

It is worth noting that wild magnemites have a 5% chance to come with a Metal Coat, so try to steal one if you're short.

Ability:

DON'T use Sturdy! Sturdy is rather useless later in the game unless you're doing a nuzlocke. Magnet Pull is the competitive ability of choice, as it allows Magnezone to perform its role of trapping steel types. In Reborn, however, your best bet is Analytic, Magnezone's Hidden Ability. It grants a huge 30% boost to any damaging move used my Magnezone if it acts later than its foe, which happens a lot due to Magnezone's slowness and its ability to force switches.

Flaws to keep in mind:

DON'T stay in on anything that has ground moves, unless you have Magnet Rise and can be faster. Magnezone can usually tank a weaker Fighting or Fire move, but it's not advised.

Pairing Magnezone with a Dragon or Flying type is a great idea, as they can cover each other's weaknesses well. Noivern and Kingdra are particularly good partners. Noivern's high speed and high-powered moves let it clean up after Magnezone finishes punching holes in the opponent's team. Noivern also has Hurricane to snipe fighting types, and is immune to Ground and resists Fire. Kindra double resists Fire, and can provide water moves to rid Ground type problems.

And that's it! I hope you come to accept the Lord Magnezone as your one true saviour. Remember, he fainted for your sins, and was Magnet Risen from the grave. With his power, you'll find Reborn much less difficult to plough through!

Edited by Viridescent

Remember, two Discharges are stronger than one two-turn Lock On + Zap Cannon. Discharge also has a nifty Paralysis chance.

(Elaborating)

Only reason one should use Lock+Zap in-game is if they need the paralysis, AND they (for whatever reason) do not have T-Wave. Even so, if you ever insist on using Zap Canon, drop Lock-On, so you can have a useful move in another slot (and see that Discharge is the one true way to salvation)

Edited by Cobalt996