Fire types

I need a fire type for my team. I just beat the double battle in front of that tangroth in Beryl(?) ward. I see a growlithe, but are there any other good fire types even if they are a few badges away still? Edit:welp I just got a shiny growlithe so never mind :P

Reply: Yeah I was resetting for good ivs too. Fortunately theyre all at least around 20. Do I get a fire stone from someone or do I buy it?

Edited by AquaLucario3

Well, there's Numel, but yeah with a shiny Growlithe that doesn't really matter anymore. I also got a shiny Growlithe when I was resetting for Close Combat and good IVs, it looks so much better than the GF canon!

Also, don't forget to wait until you're level 45 to evolve your Growlithe, it won't get Flare Blitz otherwise.

Arcanine is one of the best fire types available to you. I encourage breeding it for perfect IVs and raising it with maximum EVs in attack and speed, but that's OK if you're a more casual player.

The ideal Arcanine can use Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Thunder Fang and Extreme Speed. Other options include Crunch on the physical set, or Heat Wave on a special/mixed set.

Be warned that Arcanine doesn't learn Flare Blitz or Close Combat naturally; Growlithe can learn Flare Blitz at Lv 45, so don't evolve Arcanine until after that. Close Combat is an egg move that can be obtained from a lv 48 Primeape or Mankey. Thunder Fang and Extreme Speed can both be taught to Arcanine at the move relearner.

Other good fire types that will eventually be available in the game as of now are Darmanitan, Chandelure, Delphox and potentially Volcarona from a mystery egg (though itbcpuld be any of 18 mons). Lesser fire types like Camerupt, Ninetales, Houndoom and Pyroar are also available, as are any if the fire starters that you may have chosen at the beginning of the game.

All event Pokemon that you obtain in the overworld can have one random egg move.

Growlithe can have Colse Combat or Morning Sun, so you can soft reset to get the right one and avoid breeding later. Similarly, Murkrow can have either Brave Bird or Peraih Song, while Sneasel can have Icicle Crash or Fake Out, and so on and so forth.