[CW/One-shot & Feedback] The Mist Goddess

Rosesong

I see her, every night. However she might try, my eyes purposely seek her out, wanting to be the one that finally memorizes her visage, her ethereal movements and glow. Unbeknownst to her, I was captivated from the moment I first witnessed her divine presence amongst that of mere mortals.

The first time I happened upon her, I was so awe-struck, so dumbfounded, that I was unable to truly appreciate the woman that seemed to command the attention of the area despite not trying to do so. The next time, I began to take note of her appearance, drinking her splendor in eagerly. The midnight blue colored hair that flowed down to her back and was straighter than a steel pole, yet soft and flexible enough to blow gently in the wind and shining in the sunlight. The cornflower pools, calm and unwavering yet full of emotion and a surreal tenderness, that often lured people in to slowly drown in their depths. Her pale tan skin shone with an unearthly light, enhancing the mystique that she was already so adept in naturally exuding. Her brilliant white kimono was the epitome of purity, much like what one could assume her heart was. The midnight blue oji that adorned her petite waist was the perfect compliment to her hair, as was the pure white lotus that was perched ever so precariously behind her left ear.

Slowly, I began to take note of the smaller things about this enthralling woman. She seemed to float across the ground, gliding in such a way that she could be mistaken for a spirit. Her face, while never sad, always seemed wistful, searching for something that was never quite there to be found. At the same time, she carried herself with the grace, serenity, and poise that society had come to expect from a woman of such a high caliber, a true lady. She never spoke, not even when spoken to; rather, she would defer any comments with a mere dip of her head, keeping even the most meager interactions courteous with an elegant, sophisticated air. Her eyes would avert slightly, always trying yet failing to blend in with the background and alleviate some of the attention that she was unable to avoid.

Perhaps the most stunning thing about the person that had captured my total attention, was the light mist that always began to infiltrate the area whenever she appeared. Never rough, the tiny droplets of water were like kisses to the skin, each being sweet before their touch instantly withdrew. This didn't happen to her though. Rather than dampening her, the drops clung to her everywhere, shining like small, diamond-like stars that beautifully complimented the already breathtaking loveliness that she possessed. The dew would eventually fade from the skin of those around, but not her. The fine layer of balled liquid would cling to her, a barrier to protect her from the dangers of the world that she lived in. In the rare times when she thought no one was looking, she would look up and bare a small, genuine smile to the sky, giving thanks for the small gift during her quest to end the longing that would inadvertently take residence on her face. When she leaves, the mist follows her, unable to be parted for a single moment.

I wish I could do something to help her, assist in her journey. She feels so real to me. I don't care if I'd only seen her in dreams before; somewhere, this goddess must wander alone. Until then, I can only hope that my goddess of mist is able to locate the tranquility she so desires.

So, this was a spur of the moment inspiration. After seeing the avatar that King Murdoc left for me in Suggest an Avatar thread, I began to search for anime girls that dealt with blue flowers, mainly for my own curiosity. That, somehow, led me to searching anime water goddesses, but all the images I found were so... inundated with water (excuse the pun). From there, a woman befitting the stereotypical goddess beauty began to form in my head, as well as the lighter presence of mist. From there, I present to you the above work.

• Upvote 1