Fire Type Gym Leader

natesuck94

Hi, I need help for beating Charlotte.

I can beat 4 pokemon but the last 2, Ninetails/Rotom duo, it's impossible, my team:

Greninja lvl 68 Protean- Surf, Strength, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse; Item: Mystic Water

Fearow lvl 68 Sniper- Drill Peck, Drill Run, Sky Attack, Roost

Malamar lvl 68 Contrary- Superpower, Pluck, Night Slash, Psycho Cut

Aggron lvl 67 Sturdy- Rock Slide, Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Autotomize; Item: Hard Rock

Banette lvl 68 Cursed Body- Will-O-Wisp, Gunk Shot, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off

Slurpuff lvl 69 Sweet Veil- Energy Ball, Play Rough, Wish, Cotton Guard; Item: Meadow Plate

I'm gonna link my PC pokemon in a screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

post-46616-0-92484400-1455322396_thumb.png

post-46616-0-82561200-1455322397_thumb.png

If any of those fire types have flash fire, it could help you out a fair bit.

Also training up one of the rock types in your box (or catching a golurk/ rock in the route next to her gym) could help and earthquake an rock slide are pretty helpful.

Trick room (which you'd probably catch solosis to use) helped me out a lot too but the solosis needs a lot of training.

If any of those fire types have flash fire, it could help you out a fair bit.

Also training up one of the rock types in your box (or catching a golurk/ rock in the route next to her gym) could help and earthquake an rock slide are pretty helpful.

Trick room (which you'd probably catch solosis to use) helped me out a lot too but the solosis needs a lot of training.

Agreed. Eruption Typhlosion is very good alongside a Rock Type w/ Sturdy, Your Aggron and Roggenrola fit that role.

Heatproof Rain Dance Bronzong sounds nice.

Eruption won't ohko Typhlosion, and how do I know my Typhlosion will outspeed hers?

Her Typhlosion is probably the trickiest 'Mon on her team. It's immune to Eruption as yours may be (Flash Fire). I would take it out with a Rock Slide before sending your own Typhlosion out.

That's the thing Aggron can't survive the first turn.

But Typhlosion isn't a threat to me I just Surf and ohko both Typhlosion and Darmanitan in the first turn but at the cost of almost all of Greninja's hp and a sackful pokemon.

Btw what place would you recommend to train at?

Edited by natesuck94

That's the thing Aggron can't survive the first turn.

But Typhlosion isn't a threat to me I just Surf and ohko both Typhlosion and Darmanitan in the first turn but at the cost of almost all of Greninja's hp and a sackful pokemon.

Btw what place would you recommend to train at?

There is a re-battleable Clown back at Agate Circus.

heatproof bronzong with Trick room or rain dance are both options. If you find it tricky to get up one of those moves, maybe try something like a quick claw to guarentee your Rain Dance with a suicide lead mon and finish off with earthquakes or rock slides. Since ground and rock types are generally slower it seems that trick room may be a good option here.

oh Demon girl Charlotte strikes again i guess XD. Well first off as many people said just grab a pokemon which can learn trick room and make use of trick room. also pair the trick room set up pokemon with a slow pokemon.

Well solrock is a nice trick room pokemon plus it learns rock slide and stone edge without using tm and it is a rock type which is very useful in Demon girl Charlotte's Gym. Pair it with another slow pokemon which can also learn rock slide/EQ since it solrock has levitate and is not affected by ground type moves. Golurk is agood ground type to be paired with solrock. you can also pair solrock with crustle or maybe gigalith/aggron too.

Edited by Luna