Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered] How to get Magikarp?

FeralGator

Question

I've done the gang plot and got Carvanha. I've gotten as far as past the Tauros and Boufalant area (haven't defeated El yet). I am literally stuck.

How do I find 7th street and Magikarp? I would like to get my hands on Gyarados and every time I research and try to find guides, I don't get anything very helpful. Even older threads here don't help me out enough to actually get me through.

So can someone please help?

13 answers to this question

Ok so to find 7th street you have to talk to the leader of your gang (in this case, it should be the Aqua one right?), he'll give you the permission to use his personal elevator to reach it (is located in Lapis, it should be the building at the top left if i remember well)

Finding Magikarp is a little bit complicated because unfortunately it got axed :/ You could ask for a trade in the Trading Thread but you have to beat Samson first

Ok so to find 7th street you have to talk to the leader of your gang (in this case, it should be the Aqua one right?), he'll give you the permission to use his personal elevator to reach it (is located in Lapis, it should be the building at the top left if i remember well)

Finding Magikarp is a little bit complicated because unfortunately it got axed :/ You could ask for a trade in the Trading Thread but you have to beat Samson first

Alright well my leader isn't telling me about his elevator. Do I just need to wait a while for him to tell me about it? And damn it got axed? That's disappointing. I already put money into the event. I would have really liked to see that not go to waste. 8/

Alright well my leader isn't telling me about his elevator. Do I just need to wait a while for him to tell me about it? And damn it got axed? That's disappointing. I already put money into the event. I would have really liked to see that not go to waste. 8/

Not a waste you just need to w8 4 episode 16 to come out

i think u need to w8 to be night but i dont no

Edited by cynx

Not a waste you just need to w8 4 episode 16 to come out

i think u need to w8 to be night but i dont no

Is there a guarantee it'll be added back in for that version?

And I'm not being sore or anything, just that for me it is a waste. When you get yourself all kinds of excited to be able to raise a Gyarados, seeing all kinds of videos and topics that are from previous versions and in 2015 that have it, you kinda feel at a loss when it's found out that 'nope you gotta wait even longer to the point where it'll probably not even be worth it in the long run'.

If Magikarp was going to be taken out, I would have assumed the entire event should have been removed as well so as to not give false hope to new players. Especially since you really need the money early on. But either way it's just a small complaint. I can wait for it to possibly be brought back. I'm just gonna be a bit agitated until then.

i m sorry to tell you but magikarp will not be early in the game BUT you can get magikarp if you have episode 9 i think, dont know where to download it...

I'm not early in the game though. I'm pretty far. Past the fifth gym and trying to beat Arceus. That's the main reason I wanted Gyarados. It can take hits and dish them back. I'll just need to do more research to find out what other strategies to use since the one I have currently isn't getting me anywhere.

I'm not early in the game though. I'm pretty far. Past the fifth gym and trying to beat Arceus. That's the main reason I wanted Gyarados. It can take hits and dish them back. I'll just need to do more research to find out what other strategies to use since the one I have currently isn't getting me anywhere.

i m sorry to tell you but magikarp will not be early in the game BUT you can get magikarp if you have episode 9 i think, dont know where to download it...

*cough* Right here *cough*

If you really need to go to an old version of Reborn. Personally, I recommend going through E15 as-is, since the loss of Magikarp/Gyarados is not the end of the world (and it did get axed for a good reason)

Also, if you already advanced the quest past... I think the alleyhouse(?) then you still can't get it, since the event triggers are incremented already.

If Magikarp was going to be taken out, I would have assumed the entire event should have been removed as well so as to not give false hope to new players. Especially since you really need the money early on. But either way it's just a small complaint. I can wait for it to possibly be brought back. I'm just gonna be a bit agitated until then.

If this was a game where updates were done automatically (Like all the the new games do), then Ame would do those changes retroactivly and the people that have/had a Gyarados, wouldn't have it anymore. Sadly, that's not how the game works, so anyone with an older episode can get whatever pokémon was available before it was axe'd. Welp...

Sorry, the God-Janitor-Sweeper-OPAF Gyarados lord is not available anymore, and I'm not even sure if the event will be over in episode 16.

Should you need help with a new strategy, or a pokémon that could fit in your team like Gyarados, you can always head to the Team Showcase section and ask for help there~

Sorry, the God-Janitor-Sweeper-OPAF Gyarados lord is not available anymore

I didn't ask for sass you know. Nor did I think Gyarados was a god sweeper. One, I personally just love Gyarados. Even if it was weak as shit, I'd still want it because Gyarados is baller as frick. It's just so amazing looking. Two, I wanted to use him as a survival tactic since I know that no matter how I personally raise him, he won't be able to sweep a god. I don't care for EV training. It's too hard and honestly, it takes the fun out of the game for me.

Mostly though I just wanted to have him cause I love him. Who wouldn't? Haha. But I can understand the reason why the event itself wasn't axed from what you said. Still Vinny, I didn't need the sass in there. Like I said I will just figure out a new team and go with that. I might even take to where you suggested to get team advice.

Did that pass as sass? That was far from my intention, though. If you've been around Reborn for a while you'd know Gyarados reputation as an awesome sweeper and completely gamebreaking at the start of the game.

But of course, I should assume not everyone knows that, so sorry if it looked like I was sassing you at any moment.

I'd love to explain that I know how you feel about Gyara, but that would de-rail this topic. I'll save that for later.

So, just to finish this: Gyarados isn't available anymore, but it will be one day.

Did that pass as sass? That was far from my intention, though. If you've been around Reborn for a while you'd know Gyarados reputation as an awesome sweeper and completely gamebreaking at the start of the game.

But of course, I should assume not everyone knows that, so sorry if it looked like I was sassing you at any moment.

I'd love to explain that I know how you feel about Gyara, but that would de-rail this topic. I'll save that for later.

So, just to finish this: Gyarados isn't available anymore, but it will be one day.

It did in a way. I've honestly only been playing Reborn for about... maybe a week? Most of the time it's just been myself alone or with my friend, struggling through the challenges with our teams and looking up some of the event Pokemon to see what was available to try for. Never did super in depth stuff to find out that Gyara was OP in this game though. I just knew he was there since I paid the fisherman dude the $500. After that it was all just, "YES! Gyara! Aw man I love him! Water snake yes!"

But yeah, again thanks for the advice on the other forum area to go to. You can always note me if you want. I'm free to talk if you're ever interested. Haha. YOu can close this now if you want. I got my answer. l'3