Something electric...

Wolfram2700

I want to get an electric pokemon, because i have a pachirisu and it kinda sucks :(
Wanted to know if you could reccomend me something, besides manectric/ampharos/electivire/raichu/luxray, because i have already used them all, and this playthrough is with pokemons i have never used, to make it more special
Thanks in advance!

oh and btw i have 8 badges, have to go beat luna but i'm grinding before because bennett is a pain in the arse

Noted. but i have a question, and please don't viciously rip my throat.. what does STAB stand for? i kind of stopped playing after gen3 because i had a shitty pc and the ds emulator kind of... crashed every time i opened it hehe. i did play some of gen4 but didn't find it as good as the gens before so i dropped it mid game

My Eelektross actually turned out pretty useful for some situations, and was thinking about Galvantula. (no expert advise :) )

Also, STAB (same-type attack bonus) means that your attacks get a 1.5x attack multiplier if their typing is the same as your pokémon's.

Edited by Sejiren

Magnezone sounds quite interesting, where can i find a magnemite? if i'm not mistaken i think shade's gym, but i kind of already went through it and there are no more wild encounters. And that music is creepy as fuck, i'm not going in there again unless i really have to

Edited by Wolfram2700

Magnezone sounds quite interesting, where can i find a magnemite? if i'm not mistaken i think shade's gym, but i kind of already went through it and there are no more wild encounters. And that music is creepy as fuck, i'm not going in there again unless i really have to

Shade's gym is correct, there are still wild encounters.

galvantula! it has compound eyes (+30% accuracy) so thunder with 110 base power (Excluding stab) is monstrous. Well thunder is not here yet though, you can chain breed it after 12 badges to get baby joltik with thunder, but just wait for the tm if you don't want hours of grinding.

it also has sticky web, entry hazard that lowers speed by 1 level. which can be very helpful. The downside is, you can only get it after 7 badges i think.

i would go for ampharos. well since you can get mareep quite early and you can get ampharos fast cause by lvl 30 you can already have an ampharos. plus ampharos is in the monster and field egg group much easier to breed because there a lot of monster and field egg group pokemon available in reborn. plus mareep is a good seed pokemon for breeding since most strong and good pokemon are in the field egg group and monster egg group.

yes ampharos speed is not that high but it is tanky and can take hits. also its move pool is quite awesome. it has good coverage without using Tm.

galvantula! it has compound eyes (+30% accuracy) so thunder with 110 base power (Excluding stab) is monstrous. Well thunder is not here yet though, you can chain breed it after 12 badges to get baby joltik with thunder, but just wait for the tm if you don't want hours of grinding.

it also has sticky web, entry hazard that lowers speed by 1 level. which can be very helpful. The downside is, you can only get it after 7 badges i think.

meh totally wrong you can't chain breed thunder to galvantula as joltik cannot learn thunder. you can only Chain breed energy ball to joltik.Also you do not need 12 badges to chain breed,you just need to go back to episode 12 the guild is here---> Clicky so this means there is no way galvantula can get thunder thus making compound eves+ thunder combo useless.

Magnezone is good but it has more weakness than a pure electric type like either Eelektross and Ampharos but it can deal with those annoying fairy types since it has the steel typing and steel moves like flash cannon.

Eelektross technically has no weakness unless you use a mold breaker excadrill or any pokemon with mold breaker and a ground type move. it is not as tanky as Ampharos.

I actually thought in getting double team and agility in pachirisu, and keeping nuzzle and electro ball. that way, i can get the most damage out of electro ball, and since it has some pretty decent defense stats make it quite harder to kill. What do you say about that?

Eelektross is pretty cool once you get to the point of the game where Eelectrik learns TBolt. I would use a Substitute until then. Eelektross has a very wide movepool and has some good bulk~

Wide movepool? Had to stick with that TM from Julia charbe beam until the end of the run...

Catch a Blitze

Well you can also go with heliolisk. heliolisk is awesome in a sun team and it has decent speed/sp atk/ sp def. it learns volt switch/Thunder/thunderbolt by itself without using any tm what so ever. you can teach it dark pulse and grass knot for coverage later on since dark pulse and grass knot are tm you can get in reborn.