Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Fire Stone / Dusk Stone

HeadlessJoey

Question

EDIT:

SOLVED thanks for all the help. Very quick and helpful you lot :D

I have a Growlithe lvl 34 and a Murkrow lvl 35 and I can't level them up because I need them to evolve at these levels for the ability they get on evolving them.

Thing is that I only just beat Mr.Shade (the gym leader) and I got no clue when I can obtain either a Dusk Stone or a Fire Stone.

The item location guide on here isn't that helpful since I only just started.

My question here is: How long will it take to get these two items, should I just give up on both of these pokemons and go train other pokemons or am I gonna be able to get these stones soon?

Edited by HeadlessJoey

12 answers to this question

Neither are obtainable before Shade, unfortunately. The Fire Stone is available the gym after Shade's, and Arcanine is a great asset to your team. I think that you don't get a Dusk Stone until later (badge 5), so I would keep Murkrow in the PC until you get it to evolve it. After all, having more than 6 mons helps in Reborn

EDIT: You CAN technically get a fire stone earlier, by mining glowy rocks with the Mining Kit

Edited by wytch_doctr

Growlithe learns Outrage by level 43 and flare blitz somewhere around 40 ish too, suggest you hold the evolution for a while, besides before you get mining kit, the evo stones arent available, i dongt know about items that lay around tho~

Fire Stone:
Pyrous Mountain B2F in the Heatmor island (visible)
Route 2 hidden on a rock in the green patch above the last Crustle hole before the Celestine Cascade and Amaria's home (you go through it to drop the Crustle in the hole below)

Dusk Stone:

Subrailnet after going down the stairs to the left wall of the room (visible)
Iolia Valley after recieving all four Crystal Plugs, go through the right path on the left side of the water and use the purple crystal to transform the other path and make it turn left, then go back and go through the left path on the left side of the water after it was changed

Straight from my Item Guide. You will know when you reach these locations. To fully answer, the Fire Stone is already obtainable for you (you can mine glowing rocks to find it) and one of the two in the overworld is very close, before the next gym leader. Although you should evolve Growlithe at 45, after it learns Flare Blitz.

The Dusk stone cannot be mined but it will be available soonish, after you defeat the next two gyms and a boss shortly after them.

Kudos to the two posters before me for not looking up anything at all.

I know about the item guide, like I said it's not helpful on knowing when they are available.

For example:

Fire Stone:

Pyrous Mountain B2F in the Heatmor island (visible)

Route 2 hidden on a rock in the green patch above the last Crustle hole before the Celestine Cascade and Amaria's home (you go through it to drop the Crustle in the hole below)

Cool and all but I just started playing, just beat Shade and entering the factory which is poluting the lake and I got no idea if these locations are going to be really far away in the story or not. Thing is that I really don't want to level up the Murkrow because Honchkrow gets Nasty plot at level 35.

Same thing with Arcanine, at level 34 Growlithe gets flamethrower and Arcanine gets Extreme Speed, if I overlevel the Growlithe then I can't get Extreme Speed anymore.

Or maybe you guys know a way to just get this ability back? For example leveling my Growlithe to 45 and then evolving it and then use some way to still give it Extreme Speed? If that is possible I would love to know how.

Edit: Wauw you guys really are fast at replying so the only question remains: If I evolve Growlithe at 45 can I still give it Extreme Speed?

Edited by HeadlessJoey

You defeated Shade. The next gym leader is Kiki. The Fire stone is before her and also before a miniboss. After Kiki comes Aya. The Dusk stone is after Aya and after another miniboss. So rest assured, they're close. Shade - Firestone - miniboss - Kiki - Aya - miniboss - Duststone and Key to the relearner.

The general rule is: if you evolve to Arcanine, you can get Arcanine's old moves. You CANNOT get Growlithe's old moves. So you have to wait to get all the Growlithe moves first. That's a problem with many stone evos. Also I suggest waiting for Tailwind on Murkrow.

The Move Relearner is in the Onyx Ward. She's locked out of her house. The Key to it is close to the Dusk Stone, after the same miniboss. You are really close to all of them. Go ahead and have fun :D