Need advice in what to pursue next

m0b1us

Hello all! I have been playing reborn for a while now and recently I decided to add some more members to my rotation. My most recent addition is a calm adaptability Dragalge (252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 SpD). I was thinking about adding another physical wall next. Now I really don't care about the tier system or how good/bad a pokemon is competitively and I kind of try to make it a point not to use the well known powerhouses.

Here is my original team.

Typhlosion - Special sweeper

Gyarados - DDance team anchor, retired

Staraptor - Phsical sweeper

Porygon-Z - Special sweeper

Sandslash - only dedicated physical wall so far

Dusclops - SpD with will-o-wisp, also was an excellent level 100 arceus crippler/killer

After Gyarados was removed, I continued to use it for a while, but eventually realized that it was a crutch and preventing me from trying new things and experiencing the game as intended. So I added some new members while waiting for episodes to be released and retired Gyarados.

Tyrantrum - physical sweeper

Kingdra - special sweeper

Feraligatr - sheer force + life orb + d-dance sweeper

Dragalge - special tank, also the first perfect 6 IV pokemon in my reborn team. Everyone else was 5 or lower. Didn't even worry about IVs with the originals.

So what do you guys think? Should I pursue a physical wall next to help balance out my team and what are your suggestions? I am having a hard time deciding which one I want to get next. Aggron, Torterra, Rhyperior, Avalungg are some I have been considering.

Good on you for not using well known powerhouses.

Out of the one's you listed at the bottom I think that Aggron is by far the best. Torterra is quite good too I've heard.

Avalugg has nice defense but just really isn't very good at all as it can't do much while it sits there. I'm not sure about Rhyperior but I think it is outclassed by Aggron.

Aggron is a nice addition to the team to counter ice type, and honestly rhydon might be a little bit better than rhyperior with eviolite(if it ever gets released), Ferrothorn can also be a good wall, or another fossil mon, Bastiodon also makes for good wall, plus got that nice metal sound which complement your Kingdra sweep~Despite all the niche Torterra has, i wouldnt have added it to your current team as you've already got two mons weak to ice~Never use an Avalugg before, so i wouldnt dare making any assumptions~

Edited by TimTim

Chestnaught has a lot of cool options for a physically defensive pokemon. From leveling up it learns;

- Leech Seed

- Spiky Shield

- Bulk Up

- Pain Split

Plus has access to two really hard hitting STAB moves in Wood Hammer and Hammer Arm. There's also Gastrodon which is a surprisingly tanky pokemon with the right EV investment (although one of the main draws for using it usually is Recover which is useless in game because of recovery items)

EDIT: Dang I'm dumb I forgot the two fairy types I also wanted to mention; Clefable and Granbull. Clefable has access to team support options in Wish and can run Calm-Mind or further team support. Granbull is a surprisngly good check to fighting types and dragon types with tanky EV investment because of Intimidate. I used it for both fighting gym battles and it did a ton of work for me

Tyrantrum is pretty slow, but powerful, don't send it against a special attacker either, Kingdra's a great choices, I've raised a few myself, though Feraligatr could probably do almost the same thing, but with more weaknesses... I can't give you much about the fourth one though.. I haven't trained one yet

I would say Kingdra, I believe it would balance out your team

Edited by PyroShadow117