Tough choice for me

ScuzBrains

--EDIT.. again.. last time I promise--

Well, Danny ended up in the box as well to make space for a new friend

post-57840-0-65939600-1441386802_thumb.jpg

--EDIT--

I finally got Scraggy(those Pangoros are ridiculous omg)! I ended up keeping Danny in the team, I do think though that I'll take Manolo out and grind him once in a while for future bug-type needs.

post-57840-0-36264100-1441382869_thumb.jpg

So, I'm getting closer to being able to add Scraggy to my team, and I really can't choose which of my teammates to give the boot for him. In your guy's opinion, who should I send to the PC when the time comes, Kricketune, or Pansear? Both have helped my a lot in past battles, and I like them equally, so who should I choose?

post-57840-0-04522300-1441277026_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScuzBrains

Most people gonna say "depend on your team" and yes I say that too but I would say put Krickitune in the PC just because it's become weak and slower after Florinia,why not Pansear?I never use it before

Most people gonna say "depend on your team" and yes I say that too but I would say put Krickitune in the PC just because it's become weak and slower after Florinia, why not Pansear?I never use it before

Thank you for replying! I think I am going to end up boxing Manolo, he seems the best choice.

Judging from your level, you are somewhere around 3-4th gym right? I suggest boot Manolo(unless that Technician Kricketune?) since Danny has better coverage moves like acrobatics(useful afterwards, you'll see)

Yup! I'm at Corey right now (hoo boy that Crobat) it looks like Danny is the better choice then, thanks!

i would keep kricketune. well kricketune helped me in tons of over leveled bosses. smack on a quick claw and use perish song and most bosses die in 3 turns. i would boot pansear as many fire type in game out class him. Camerupt,Ninetales,Pyroar and RK9 are100 times better than a pansear/simisear.

So Danny is a Pansear? I expected Abra...

Anyway, I'll have to agree that Kricketune can still be surprisingly helpful until a certain point.

I'd recommend that you have a team of more than 6 pokémons, maybe even keeping both Kricketune and future Simisear in the rotation.

If your plan is only six pokémons though, ditch Kricketune. You'll be ditching Simisear in the future too, most likely, anyway~

Kricketune is a very techy Pokemon with Fury Cutter and Struggle Bug. Struggle Bug is surprisingly useful till about the 5th Gym, where it will die pretty much every time on the first turns. Pansear, soon to be Simisear, is a better long-term mon to use.

Simisear is just not as good as other fire types in game which are readily available. Thus making it useless and not worth investing a fire stone on.

Edited by Luna

Simisear is just not as good as other fire types in game which are readily available. Thus making it useless and not worth investing a fire stone on.

He's still in early game, so its premature to conclude that he will ever use fire type as regular team member, but i agree on elemental monkeys being not cut out for late game gym battles, but with limited tm available, pansear/simisear has wider movepool by leveling up

plus he is about to get a good fire type assuming that he completes certain sidequest

wAGfAlI.gif

He's still in early game, so its premature to conclude that he will ever use fire type as regular team member, but i agree on elemental monkeys being not cut out for late game gym battles, but with limited tm available, pansear/simisear has wider movepool by leveling up

plus he is about to get a good fire type assuming that he completes certain sidequest

Early game you can get a numel on rainy days which is way better and numel/camerupt has way better move pool even without TM.

Early game you can get a numel on rainy days which is way better and numel/camerupt has way better move pool even withwell, he

Both simisear and camerupt are actually situational, camerupt can make full use of superheated/burning field in the future, but simisear(crunch and acrobatics) checks fighting types and psychic types,idk, may be he can pull both off~ anyway, good luck training noibat up, it is a pain~ patience paid off tho when i learnt that my shiny noivern has HP ice~ and Killer Queen is fake out technician(boost attack with base power 60 or less) persian? Otherwise i suggest switching it for a better physical attacker, late game offers more much better normal types~

Edited by TimTim

Both simisear and camerupt are actually situational, camerupt can make full use of superheated/burning field in the future, but simisear(crunch and acrobatics) checks fighting types and psychic types,idk, may be he can pull both off~ anyway, good luck training noibat up, it is a pain~ patience paid off tho when i learnt that my shiny noivern has HP ice~ and Killer Queen is fake out technician(boost attack with base power 60 or less) persian? Otherwise i suggest switching it for a better physical attacker, late game offers more much better normal types~

Since the OP is at Corey, thatm eans he has access to Growlithe, which is far better than Pansear in terms of being a pokemon and also as an investment of a Fire Stone. Growlithe also learns Crunch to help with Psychic types (even though that's really a nonissue with Scraggy) and his Intimidate can help wall most Fighting-types bar say a Special Lucario, which is handled with Fire STAB.

In terms of physical attacks replacing Persian, you might try Ursaring, which completely cleaves through Corey due to Guts and Quick Feet when combined with Facade from the Game Corner.

Thanks, I ended up grabbing that Houndour after the little side-quest thing! And yeah, KQ takes advantage of fake out .u.

Thanks, I ended up grabbing that Houndour after the little side-quest thing! And yeah, KQ takes advantage of fake out .u.

I tried raising Houndour once, but man, she only learnt physical moves via leveling up, unless yours is adamant nature, it is going to be a pain to use one~the only best moves that utilize its excellent special attack are flamethrower and inferno, you will get dark pulse tm, just not so soon, setting up nasty plot is the only solution~ for what Victor said about growlithe, i did mention it and spoiler locked it in previous post, concerned of extracting fun out of your playthrough~ ultimately its up to you to use whatever you like, one thing i know about Reborn is that let field effects work in your favor, even Unown can excel~

he has scraggy/scrafty to check psychic type.camerupt is not a situational pick he is awesome early to late game. numel awesome for Julia,numel also great for flobot, numel is also good vs Shelly and heck numel can also help you with corey. so your point saying that numel/camerupt is just for "situational" pick is invalid.

Back to topic:

3 out of 6 mons are weak to fighting. Noibat is just too weak to counter fighting types. i would advice against using a Houndour/Houndoom for your team. Growlith/Rk9,Numel/Camerupt and Ponyta/Rapidash are way safer to use and leaves your team not so exposed to fighting types.

-Swap out noibat for a psychic type so you would have a check for fighting types. Meowstic/Gothita would be nice.

-swap houndour for Growlith/Numel/Ponyta.

-Box the persian and replace him with either Bunnelby/Diggersby with huge power or a Ursaring.

he has scraggy/scrafty to check psychic type.camerupt is not a situational pick he is awesome early to late game. numel awesome for Julia,numel also great for flobot, numel is also good vs Shelly and heck numel can also help you with corey. so your point saying that numel/camerupt is just for "situational" pick is invalid.

Back to topic:

3 out of 6 mons are weak to fighting. Noibat is just too weak to counter fighting types. i would advice against using a Houndour/Houndoom for your team. Growlith/Rk9,Numel/Camerupt and Ponyta/Rapidash are way safer to use and leaves your team not so exposed to fighting types.

-Swap out noibat for a psychic type so you would have a check for fighting types. Meowstic/Gothita would be nice.

-swap houndour for Growlith/Numel/Ponyta.

-Box the persian and replace him with either Bunnelby/Diggersby with huge power or a Ursaring.

Thanks for input, but I don't really like Diggersby, Meowstic, Gothita, or Ponyta. And the others I personally prefer what's already on my team, I don't care if my team's not a super powerhouse, I just wasn't sure whether to box Pansear or Kriketune, because I didn't really have an attachment to either. I'm really happy with my current team though.

Thanks for input, but I don't really like Diggersby, Meowstic, Gothita, or Ponyta. And the others I personally prefer what's already on my team, I don't care if my team's not a super powerhouse, I just wasn't sure whether to box Pansear or Kriketune, because I didn't really have an attachment to either. I'm really happy with my current team though.

Well than i wish you the best of luck. Good luck and have fun in reborn.

WHAT? WHY U DONT LIKE Meowstic, Gothita and Ponyta? Jk :P , but seriously dual screen Meowstic M or versatile shadow ball signal beam Meowstic F come in handy at times, especially with scarce TMs

WHAT? WHY U DONT LIKE Meowstic, Gothita and Ponyta? Jk :P , but seriously dual screen Meowstic M or versatile shadow ball signal beam Meowstic F come in handy at times, especially with scarce TMs

Yeah, Meowstics can be total power houses! And I don't not like them, they're just not my favorite, I do love Espurr though.