How Time has Flown...

Rosesong

I know people don't normally post long things for something like this, but wow, I never actually expected to still be hanging around this place. It's been exactly two years since I entered this community, two years since I saw The Gamer's Tree's interview with Ame and becoming interested in the game that has lured all of us here. I remember exactly what happened my first year of being here; I made this account and hung out solely in Onyx Arcade with the Predict the Next Person to Post and Banned games, while occasionally bantering with Mael and others over my Reborn ingame team choices (I had a Spinda that I kept well into episode 10 as a main part of my team). Then, maybe 3 months in, I left. I was bored, and hadn't really found a reason to stick on the forums. Thus, I had decided to only come on occasionally to check for game updates.

It was a little over a year ago that I returned to Reborn, primarily looking for updates to the game. That was the day, though, that Ame had introduced the quick link to get onto the Reborn server, located on PO at the time. My first day on the server, I was messaged by one of the current auth of the time, Kiozo, who welcomed me to the server. I accidentally wandered into Spear Pillar, where Cowtao, Jacze, Fezzdog, and Karpy (GyaradosKiller, for those wondering) welcomed me. Gradually, I began to meet more people and interacted with them more frequently. There are so many notable ones, but Dan was one of the first who PMed me and introduced me to a lot of the people I'm closest with to this day. As time went on, I downloaded the actual PO client rather than getting on via browser, and that's when the fun started. I 'eloped' with Hilda, and we had our marital spats in the middle of main chat all the time; Jacze decided to gift me with tentacles (and more recently, stuffed a sock in his mouth because I asked him to). Winter started to teach me competitive battling, but Sheep was the one who would sit and work with me, quizzing me on how I should create balanced teams and movesets for mons in order to better understand their roles on the team. While Sheep was teaching me, Notus would battle with me in an exchange of music and battling knowledge. While chatting in the lobby, I became the “butt” of the shipping thread, being paired with Hilda (I mean, we were married), Dan, Silver, Cowtao, Winter, TheScarletSword, Hukuna, ZephyrEnyalios, and Notus.**

On the forums, I found myself becoming more active again as well; again, this was in the Onyx Arcade. While playing a game called King of the Hill, a fierce game of killing one another to claim this hill for ourselves, I began to get to know Stratos, Zephyr, and Notus even better. It was after some point when we had killed each other and had had tea party breaks from killing each other that Notus decided to make our ventures in that thread into an RP, and thus Under the Hill was born. A couple chapters in, Notus named me cohost, later to become host when he left for school (to you all, I'm still really sorry that it died. Maybe Notus and I can talk about a UtH reroll...). During my stint in the RP section, I got to know everyone's favorite sensei, Hukuna.

In retrospect, this is sort of the intro thread I never made two years ago, so I'm just going to give a small blurb as to who I am. I'm a 21 year old musician starting her final year in college as a music education major. Pokemon has been a huge part of my life since I was 5, and I've played every game that's come out (although I've gradually been phasing out of video games). On the server, I've been told by multiple people that I take on the role of a caretaker; always making sure people are having a good day or trying to help them sort through their problems should things not be going well. My main goal is to try to put a smile on at least one person's face everyday; just knowing that I've made even the smallest impact brings a smile to my face. Considering I'm routinely thought of as a legitimate rose, I've taken it upon myself to clarify several times over that I'm of the thornless variety, donning blue petals rather than the more standard colors. This unique combination comes from thorns hurting people and blue petals being the least acidic that a flower can have; I feel that it symbolizes my actions in that I try never to hurt someone, either purposefully or accidentally though in BGO and Mafia, this is completely null and void; I'm a mean killer. Additionally, in Chinese culture, blue roses are symbols of hope, which I try to pass onto every person that I speak with.

To be quite honest though, this thread is also my way of looking back at some of the best memories I've had since joining Reborn and fully becoming an active member of the community. I've met some of the best friends I could ever have hoped to meet, and somehow haven't managed to scare them away with the amount of worrying I do about each of them, which is quite the miracle. I also haven't managed to convince the server that I'm mean yet, which is another shocker. Though, I suppose these things take time, right?

In all seriousness though, this thread is serving multiple purposes today. The first, as mentioned previously, is partially the intro thread I never made and to be nostalgic while walking down memory lane. The second is to allow anyone that wants to know something about me to go ahead and ask it here; should you choose to, I'll answer almost anything asked. The third and final reason is a thank you. Thank you to each and every one of you whom has taken the time out of your day to speak to me, be it a simple hello or a lengthy conversation. Through this community, I've made so many near and dear friends that I cherish, and I truly believe that through the interactions I've had with the people here, I've become a better person. So, thank you all so much for being the amazing people that you are and for all the kindness and caring that you've shown toward me. I really do appreciate each and everyone of you, and should you ever need anything all you have to do is shoot me a PM.

**As a note, this is kinda why I dislike the shipping thread or vehemently veto any proposed ships for me. Plus, come on. 9 ships are 8 too many, right? I kid, I kid, I love all my ships equally

Has it really been that long? It surely doesn't feel like it to me.

half sorry for starting the petilil thing, btw. not your favorite pokemon, but I always found it cute and thought it fit you. the other half stands by that decision. =P

I for one am really glad to have met you Rose. Happy two years.

I'm most definitely glad to have met you too Sheep, you're a fantastic friend~

Figured music would be best, even if it may not be your taste idk

Music is always good, thank you Dobby~

We are all old.

Happy Two Years. Don't wilt.

I'm pretty sure I'll still wilt at times, though I'll try not to, lol

Has it really been that long? It surely doesn't feel like it to me.

half sorry for starting the petilil thing, btw. not your favorite pokemon, but I always found it cute and thought it fit you. the other half stands by that decision. =P

Mael, I don't mind the whole Petilil deal; I found it pretty awesome~ it doesn't feel like it's been that long either

Hello Rosesong,

Wow, you old.

Well, it's cool that you're studying music.

What's your favourite instrument?

Umm...

Welcome to the forum?

Love,

Dark

I know Dark, I'm woefully old ;~; my favorite instrument will always be my primary instrument, clarinet, though it's not the one I started on nor the one I play the most :x and thanks for the welcome!~

... The first, as mentioned previously, is partially the intro thread I never made-

oh hi there welcome to Reborn wolo-

... oh wait you're already blue and have been blue for a while now.

jk. or not? Because you're always welcome here in Reborn. And thank you for being here, Rosie. <3

It's a good thing you brought this thread back. Otherwise, I'd have missed it. Thanks for being here and... putting up with QG. For all the caretaking you've done, I know you have spent many a night with less rest than you'd need. And even when all is well, you'd be running about keeping your orchestra from falling apart.
So if you need sleep, listen to something real relaxing c:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe_f0_L34_W0s95zayj-whMW4GVYlCPaC

Thank you kindly for everything!

Arki, I honestly love some of the questions that you come up with, they make me die of laughter. In turn, thanks for putting up with me constantly QBing you with things taken out of context

Well, I don't really have much to say... ironic for a writer, huh? except for this:

Rose, you easily place among one of the best people I have ever met in this life, whether it be IRL, over the internet or any other means, and a damn good friend to boot. I mean, I have seen more than a few people who are closed minded, self-centered, ignorant, bigotoed, and so utterly malicious that I find myself honestly wanting to strangle them; but you, my dear friend, you are the absolute anti-thesis of those individuals. You're one of the ones who shines on the brighter end of the spectrum, one of the ones who, chances are, is probably gonna do something that's gonna make the world better than the way they found it, whether that be through something great and sudden, or through just a chain of many small yet equally noble acts of good. The world could honestly use more folks like you, the way things are going.

So eh... don't ever stop being great, M'kay? B)

Strat, that's unbelievably kind of you to say, and I'm so glad I can call you a friend. Thank you for always being there for me when I'm down and need to talk; it's things like that I appreciate a great deal