Team tune up after 4th gym (Pokemon Rejuvenation)

Omega_Ra1der

So I get to Nim and get my ass handed to me so I proceed to go back and get the Mareep. So in the middle of training, I would like to get suggestions from you to help my team. Inb4 anything from the arcade, not willing take the time to grind.

Team

Flaaffy Lv.24 (Training)

Tackle

Growl

Thunder Wave

ThunderShock

Greninja Lv.39

Bounce

Smack Down

Quick Attack

Water Pulse

Blaziken Lv.40 (Nim has psychic types so anything saying just use Blaziken will be shut down)

Flame Charge

Blaze Kick

Bulk up

Double Kick

Hariyama Lv.38

Vital Throw

Belly Drum

Wake-up Slap

Knock Off

Granbull Lv.38 (Need to be rebreed for intimidate)

Tail Whip

Charm

Bite

Headbutt

Toxicroak Lv.38

Revenge

Sucker Punch

Zen Headbutt

Mud Bomb

who is Nim? could you be more specific of what gym or type of team you're dealing with?

as for your team, when obtaining grandbull, you could of get with close combat, don't evolve it until it get play rough at 37.

the toxicroak, having drain punch would be quite useful.

hariyama have huge base att, but slow and can get KO by a good psychic move so having is kinda risky.

My favorite pokemons to always get when ever I restart are;

numel, get it with iron head, I tend to not evolve it until it get flamethrower but evolving it early at 33 is fine too. It have nice moves like earth power, flame bust(burn grass field), lava plum(work well with your blazaken or another fire type, even better if have blaze as ability), rockslide. once evolve camrupt have high in both attt and special att base power, so you want to get good IV for those two.

the water monkey, If you get one with good att, special att, and speed stat. evolve it. having it is going quite useful against kiki and may be up to the female fire gym.

The two moves that I would save on it is acrobat( 110 base power if you're not holding item, and scald( cause burn at 30%, and increase power in a heat field),

this might take a while but I like to train bunelby and breed it with a skill link apom( fast and high att) to have it learn bounce

Swalot might not have high base att power but it's stat are even out and pretty decent, plus it's acid pray is quite useful.

once you finish reading this post. may be delete it. just incase the ame don't start removing those useful stuffs

who is Nim? could you be more specific of what gym or type of team you're dealing with?

as for your team, when obtaining grandbull, you could of get with close combat, don't evolve it until it get play rough at 37.

hariyama have huge base att, but slow and can get KO by a good psychic move so having is kinda risky.

numel, get it with iron head, I tend to not evolve it until it get flamethrower but evolving it early at 33 is fine too. It have nice moves like earth power, flame bust(burn grass field), lava plum(work well with your blazaken or another fire type, even better if have blaze as ability), rockslide. once evolve camrupt have high in both attt and special att base power, so you want to get good IV for those two.

the water monkey, If you get one with good att, special att, and speed stat. evolve it. having it is going quite useful against kiki and may be up to the female fire gym.

The two moves that I would save on it is acrobat( 110 base power if you're not holding item, and scald( cause burn at 30%, and increase power in a heat field),

this might take a while but I like to train bunelby and breed it with a skill link apom( fast and high att) to have it learn bounce

Swalot might not have high base att power but it's stat are even out and pretty decent, plus it's acid pray is quite useful.

once you finish reading this post. may be delete it. just incase the ame don't start removing those useful stuffs

Hey buddy, the original poster was asking this in the Rejuvenation forums for Pokemon Rejuvenation. You sound like you're talking about Reborn. It's an easy mistake as they both start with "re". :)

As for your team, maybe grab yourself a nice grass type like the nuzleaf in Sheridan? It's immune to psychic attacks + it's got leaf blade which is good stab to get rid of the rock types. It's got decent feint attack for her other Psychic types. It'll be even better if you have a leaf stone in your bag to evolve it. You'd have to get rid of the Solrock fast as I think it has a fire move though. (You could probs do it quick with Greninja out too.) You could also grab a nice yamask in Narcissa's gym. Confagrigus is not too shabby of a pokemon in my book. :)

Edit: I'm dumb. I wanted to confirm if this was the Nim fight on route 4 only to realize it says on the post title "after gym 4". *FACEPALM*

Edited by Katastrophickid

Hey buddy, the original poster was asking this in the Rejuvenation forums for Pokemon Rejuvenation. You sound like you're talking about Reborn. It's an easy mistake as they both start with "re". :)

As for your team, maybe grab yourself a nice grass type like the nuzleaf in Sheridan? It's immune to psychic attacks + it's got leaf blade which is good stab to get rid of the rock types. It's got decent feint attack for her other Psychic types. It'll be even better if you have a leaf stone in your bag to evolve it. You'd have to get rid of the Solrock fast as I think it has a fire move though. (You could probs do it quick with Greninja out too.) You could also grab a nice yamask in Narcissa's gym. Confagrigus is not too shabby of a pokemon in my book. :)

Edit: I'm dumb. I wanted to confirm if this was the Nim fight on route 4 only to realize it says on the post title "after gym 4". *FACEPALM*

Alright, noted. One question: Whose should replace with Nuzleaf and I was thinking yamask too.

*Facepalm* Can you read the pokemon Rejuvenation portion of the topic title. And I finished ep.15, but that is understandable considering if you click from recent topics.

Alright, noted. One question: Whose should replace with Nuzleaf and I was thinking yamask too.

Maybe granbull? Its moveset honestly isn't that great. It's not particularly useful either for any of the remaining gyms in the current release.

Edited by Katastrophickid