An idea I had for breeding

Guest MegaMagikarp

Guest MegaMagikarp

So, I am a huge monster breeder fanatic. I play em all. Azure Dreams, Jade Cocoon, E.V.O., Monster Rancher 2, Dragon Seed, Monster Seed, Pokemon RXP's, Dragon Quest,etc. You get the picture. Well, one thing I like significantly more from the other games that seem to be lacking in Pokemon is the breeding dynamic. I had an idea for breeding that I wanted to share with you guys and see what you think:

Essentially what I was thinking (I have the math somewhere if you want me to provide it) is using base values, EVs, and growth rates to make an offspring that is a reflection of both. What would basically happen is that it would take the base values from the parents (e.g. Rhydon; 105, 130, 120, 45, 45, 40) and then ordering them from strongest to weakest, where a tie gets randomly assigned (Thus, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6) and then having them offset by EV's (meaning that the EV's are counted towards the base to rearrange the order; so, if we EV trained enough in Speed, then speed becomes 1, and so on).

When the second parent is brought in, it matches the numbers (taking a Garchomp; 108 [2], 130 [1], 95 [4], 80 [6], 85 [5], 102 [3]) and then gives a % boost depending on the numbers that matched (meaning EV training would be used to get a new monster that is stronger at the start and able to be built more).

I believe this would be cool insofar as generational Pokemon could be built to play in any tier. Maybe have a 3 gen cap or something, but imagine if you could make Kinglers who could take on Gyrados, etc. The thing would be that you could not get a bonus from breeding the same Pkmn (i.e. Gengar + Gengar), because the stats would be broken insofar as they always match. Furthermore, you would have to utilize a way that evolving does not reset stats (it did this in Gen 1; I don't know if it is still a thing). For example, if I raised a Poliwag up to level 98, then evolved him twice, my Poliwrath would still have the Poliwag growth, followed by the evo bonus instead of resetting them like it used to.

ANyway, this is just an idea. Tell me what you think or if I need more elaboration.

This is an interesting idea but would severely complicate the breeding system and do all sorts of weird stuff to base stats.

Anyway- interesting idea for the future of pokemon games (I assume you aren't suggesting this to be put into reborn because that would require A LOT of work and possibly no longer using essentials. It may not work at all).

I still find this idea interesting though!

Guest MegaMagikarp

Just an idea I had. I figure it would be SUPER difficult; but just a new dynamic I wanted to introduce! COol lineup, btw.