Where do you start the team magma/aqua story lines?

spiritism

Hi, I'm trying to find out where and how to start the team aqua story line.

I'm getting my ass kicked by shade, so I thought I'd do a side quest and read about someone else having the story line done before the 3rd gym, but I cant find it anywhere.

Hi, I'm trying to find out where and how to start the team aqua story line.

I'm getting my ass kicked by shade, so I thought I'd do a side quest and read about someone else having the story line done before the 3rd gym, but I cant find it anywhere.

Basically you go into one of the alleys nearby Shelly's Gym (aqua's is closer). You can complete the first part of the quest just by reaching Lapis. Once you finish that whole event, the next section is unlocked after defeating Fern, however this is a tough fight so you may want to wait until right before Shade or a little bit after.

For Magma you get early access to Buizel and Houndour

For Aqua, you unlock Murkrow a bit earlier and are awarded with Ponyta, Carvanha, and unlock a Houndour event.

Both have their ups and downs, but you may want to go with Aqua since you are so far along right now (I usually choose Magma for Buizel).

Ok, thanks. I'll have to debate which one a little bit more. My team is lacking a water type so I guess that's just preference between Buizel and Carvanha (Not playing to min/max stats)

My team currently consists of a typhlosion, Emolga, Duskul, growleth and a pancham.

Thank you to all of you for the help as well. I appreciate it for sure.