A theory about Lin {SPOILERS}

Lord Chespin

Well, I was just reading about somebody's experience with Lin the first time you meet her, and something clicked. Now, I know this may sound far-fetched, but think about this:

-Anna can't see Lin. Anna's vision can prove a lot about a person (the Protagonist glows, so he/she/xe's special, Shelly has lots of strings attached to her because she has many friends she doesn't know about, etc.), so this has got to be significant.

-Doctor Sigmund apparently did something to kid Lin after she pranked him; whatever it was, he keeps mentioning that adult Lin can't be kid Lin.

-Ten years ago, Adrienn saw somebody crawl down into the ruins beneath the city. Since adult Lin is confirmed to be younger than Julia, and ten years passed while Adrienn was in stasis, let's assume this was Lin.

-According to Shade, two of the deaths foreshadowed by the screens won't happen. Since Corey and Kiki already died, and their deaths were foreshadowed, this means Lin's death scene (which was also foreshadowed) might not happen as well.

Now then, here's my theory: What if the Lin that we saw in the Tanzan Meteor Hideout was only part of Lin?

Here, let me explain. My theory is that Lin broke out of the Orphanage when Sigmund tried to punish her, and she fell down into the ruins. Sigmund saw her fall and assumed she died, hence his incredulity about her apparent survival. While she was hidig in the ruins, however, they somehow caused her soul and body to split; her soul stayed within the ruins (as the voice that we heard when we left after battling the Ditto-Arceus), while her body left, becoming the Lin we know today. This would explain a lot: Anna can't see Lin because Lin doesn't have a soul; Lin acts so coldly because, since she lacks a soul, she can't feel emotions; and she won't actually die after falling apart because her soul will still be alive, possibly possessing somebody.

...But, that's just a theory. A GAME THEOR- (gets shot due to copyright infringement)

So, what do you guys think? Feel free to discuss and pick apart my theory in the comments below.

• Developers

Well, I was just reading about somebody's experience with Lin the first time you meet her, and something clicked. Now, I know this may sound far-fetched, but think about this:

-Anna can't see Lin. Anna's vision can prove a lot about a person (the Protagonist glows, so he/she/xe's special, Shelly has lots of strings attached to her because she has many friends she doesn't know about, etc.), so this has got to be significant.

-Doctor Sigmund apparently did something to kid Lin after she pranked him; whatever it was, he keeps mentioning that adult Lin can't be kid Lin.

-Ten years ago, Adrienn saw somebody crawl down into the ruins beneath the city. Since adult Lin is confirmed to be younger than Julia, and ten years passed while Adrienn was in stasis, let's assume this was Lin.

-According to Shade, two of the deaths foreshadowed by the screens won't happen. Since Corey and Kiki already died, and their deaths were foreshadowed, this means Lin's death scene (which was also foreshadowed) might not happen as well.

Now then, here's my theory: What if the Lin that we saw in the Tanzan Meteor Hideout was only part of Lin?

Here, let me explain. My theory is that Lin broke out of the Orphanage when Sigmund tried to punish her, and she fell down into the ruins. Sigmund saw her fall and assumed she died, hence his incredulity about her apparent survival. While she was hidig in the ruins, however, they somehow caused her soul and body to split; her soul stayed within the ruins (as the voice that we heard when we left after battling the Ditto-Arceus), while her body left, becoming the Lin we know today. This would explain a lot: Anna can't see Lin because Lin doesn't have a soul; Lin acts so coldly because, since she lacks a soul, she can't feel emotions; and she won't actually die after falling apart because her soul will still be alive, possibly possessing somebody.

...But, that's just a theory. A GAME THEOR- (gets shot due to copyright infringement)

So, what do you guys think? Feel free to discuss and pick apart my theory in the comments below.

I wonder who's first meeting with Lin you were reading about

It seems to make a lot of sense to me. I mean, the most significant factor about Lin is the Anna not seeing her thing, which I never picked up on on my first file, and it does suggest something along these lines. I have to wonder, I know original Lin was younger than Anna, but where was it confirmed Adult Lin is younger than Julia? I probably just missed this, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere. I don't remember seeing much of anything about adult Lin.

Wow. I can see that as a plausible theory.

I never realized that Anna didn't "see" Lin, unlike the rest of the characters.

Good thinking.

I can't add anymore to the theory, because Lin is :V in details.

Nonetheless, good theory~

So basically the same basic concept as how Nobodies are born in Kingdom Hearts (Pretty much just replace "soul" with "heart"...)?

Well... I must admit, its definitely not the craziest thing I've heard. And given some of the mysterious things that exist in reborn, that may or may not be easily explainable (IE, Anna's "Soul Vision", Shade's existence, Radomus and his awesomeness, How Adrienn is probably a time lord... etc.) , I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case in some way.

Seems pretty plausible to me. Nice theory, guess we'll have to wait till more about Lin is revealed in the story to see if it holds any truth ;)

EDIT: Wait... Lin is younger than Julia :huh:?

How old is Julia then? And that brings to my mind the question of exactly how old Fern and Florina are...

So basically the same basic concept as how Nobodies are born in Kingdom Hearts (Pretty much just replace "soul" with "heart"...)?

Well... I must admit, its definitely not the craziest thing I've heard. And given some of the mysterious things that exist in reborn, that may or may not be easily explainable (IE, Anna's "Soul Vision", Shade's existence, Radomus and his awesomeness, How Adrienn is probably a time lord... etc.) , I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case in some way.

Seems pretty plausible to me. Nice theory, guess we'll have to wait till more about Lin is revealed in the story to see if it holds any truth ;)

EDIT: Wait... Lin is younger than Julia :huh:?

How old is Julia then? And that brings to my mind the question of exactly how old Fern and Florina are...

I always thought that Julia & her sorority sisters were on their early 20s or something. But I'm not really sure.