Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Headbutt spawn rate

Bruma

Question

I've been headbutting trees 40+ times between having a pokemon actually spawn from said tree. Is headbutt supposed to be such a low spawn rate? So far I've only tried trees in the garden in lower peridot ward, the trees around that starter building, and the tree in the obsidia park.

1 answer to this question

I think you're getting really unlucky, I've never gone NEARLY that long between pokemon when headbutting trees. Can check to confirm, will let you know how many headbutts it takes me.

Edit: NEVERMIND. Took me about 25 headbutts to get a repeat, with switching trees, hopping into the Grand Hall, and everything. I'm suspecting this might be time based and that you'll just need to headbutt, then try again in a couple minutes, but can't confirm right now.

Edit2: Went and did a little bit of testing, I'd guess that waiting in between headbutt sprees very much increases your probability of getting a pokemon, but spamming is still a good bit quicker if you've got nothing better to do.

Edited by Autumneverlast