Help with six pokemon

superlucario603

I typically tend to not have a repeated type in my team, but I've hit a recent dilemma, and don't really want to continue playing until I get it sorted out... I have pokemon that I want on my team, but there are type similarities that really throw things off. Here are the Pokemon, I can include move pools and such if requested...

Greninja

Chesnaught

Arcanine

Stoutland

Noivern

Metagross

That is my current team, but here are some pokemon I've considered but not been too sure about...

Lucario (has steel like Metagross and fighting like Chesnaught)

Delphox (Has psychic like Metagross and fire like Arcanine)

Torterra (Has grass like Chesnaught)

Any suggestions on a good team of 6? I like Stoutland so that Greninja isn't forced to have surf, and his last resort hits hard... Thanks for the help!

hmm... looking at the team, if you have access to e14 i suggest getting a trapinch at the game corner on onyx ward and training it to a flygon~ it could be a good replacement to noivy, but you should still keep noivy in rotation..

also dont hesitate to use torterra go for it you can always rotate between chesnaught and lucario.

Arcanine, being already a good mon doesn't need to be changed, but if you haven't already, train up more fire types such as camerupt and ninetales.

honestly i see no need to have stoutland since there are better mons to put surf on...

and why do you have last resort on greninja?...

those are all the tips i have for now~

hope this helps!

Lol Stoutland has Last Resort, not Greninja....

Although I'm kind of contradicting myself because of Stoutland, Arcanine is single typed so I was considering switching it out for Delphox, but then I have two psychics.. And who would I switch out for Stoutland if I were to take him out? Can't really think of any good pokemon that could learn surf that't not a water type that would be good in reborn... Not having access to all of the TM's kinda sucks. And ehh I think I'll keep Noivern over Flygon.. Just because of move pool. Again, without all TM's, some generally good pokemon become ehh.

*INHALE...EXHALE*

I'm BACK minions!!

Anyway, Helioptile learns Surf if you want to scratch that Stoutland. I do not like Normal-Types Poke (I run Heliolisk, but he's Electric-Type too) so...I recommend u scratch that puppy.

Lucario is boring for me lol, Delphox is a weaker Ninetales IMO and Torterra is better than Chesnaught IMO. If you decide to replace Chesnaught with Torterra, u might want a Fighting-Type: Heracross, Medicham and Toxicroak with destroy things...

Now, if you decided to replace that puppy, what would be a good 6th Poke? Gengar. Scizor, Mamoswine, and Durant can do work.

Decisions decisions OP....

*INHALE...EXHALE*

I'm BACK minions!!

Anyway, Helioptile learns Surf if you want to scratch that Stoutland. I do not like Normal-Types Poke (I run Heliolisk, but he's Electric-Type too) so...I recommend u scratch that puppy.

Lucario is boring for me lol, Delphox is a weaker Ninetales IMO and Torterra is better than Chesnaught IMO. If you decide to replace Chesnaught with Torterra, u might want a Fighting-Type: Heracross, Medicham and Toxicroak with destroy things...

Now, if you decided to replace that puppy, what would be a good 6th Poke? Gengar. Scizor, Mamoswine, and Durant can do work.

Decisions decisions OP....

But stoutland ;-; Sigh... he's so tanky and Last Resort with stab and silk scarf are like.. life... I'll try the heliolisk though. Can I ask what set you use for it?

If I were to replace Arcanine, I wouldn't want to replace it with another pokemon that's JUST fire, which is why I thought of Delphox... And what set should I run on Torterra? EQ, I could soft reset until I get a superpower.. what else? Ohh, and Metagross can learn brick break for fighting coverage.. If I take out Chesnaught, I don't see much room for a different fighting type..

Right now my team that's set and probably not switching is just

Greninja

Metagross (heh he's shiny <3)

Noivern

Chesnaught will probably be swapped for Torterra, but I'm kinda thrown on those last two slots.

But stoutland ;-; Sigh... he's so tanky and Last Resort with stab and silk scarf are like.. life... I'll try the heliolisk though. Can I ask what set you use for it?

If I were to replace Arcanine, I wouldn't want to replace it with another pokemon that's JUST fire, which is why I thought of Delphox... And what set should I run on Torterra? EQ, I could soft reset until I get a superpower.. what else? Ohh, and Metagross can learn brick break for fighting coverage.. If I take out Chesnaught, I don't see much room for a different fighting type..

Right now my team that's set and probably not switching is just

Greninja

Metagross (heh he's shiny <3)

Noivern

Chesnaught will probably be swapped for Torterra, but I'm kinda thrown on those last two slots.

For Heliolisk I run: Thunderbolt / Glare / Grass Knot / Hidden Power (Ice)

You replace that Glare with Dark Pulse or Surf if you want.

Stay with Arcanine; Make sure to give it Close Combat too. I honestly don't believe u need a Fighting-Type Poke with some many Poke with a Fighting-Type move.

Metagross with Brick Break is excellent

Torterra: Earthquake / Seed Bomb / Curse / Crunch/Outrage (if u can with the move tutor)

A Rock-Type could be a great addition to your team: My Rock-Type on my team is Archeops most underrated Poke here.

Gengar with Thunderbolt / Sludge Bomb / Shadoll Ball / Destiny Bond is a beast and would work well in your team (You will have to breed it with Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb)

It kinda depends on where you are atm. A modest/Timid(or something else) Sheer Force Nidoking with Earth Power/Sludge Wave is relatively decent (but no life orb yet), after Charlotte you can give it Flamethrower for coverage (or breed Tbolt/Ice Beam in former episodes).
You can also run Mamoswine or Froslass (although the latter is unknown to me if it's that good) Mamo can run Icicle Crash/Ice Shard/EQ/something else, while Froslass has access to Destiny bond. Swinub can be caught early on (close to the abandoned power plant).

Edited by laggless01

For Heliolisk I run: Thunderbolt / Glare / Grass Knot / Hidden Power (Ice)

You replace that Glare with Dark Pulse or Surf if you want.

Stay with Arcanine; Make sure to give it Close Combat too. I honestly don't believe u need a Fighting-Type Poke with some many Poke with a Fighting-Type move.

Metagross with Brick Break is excellent

Torterra: Earthquake / Seed Bomb / Curse / Crunch/Outrage (if u can with the move tutor)

A Rock-Type could be a great addition to your team: My Rock-Type on my team is Archeops most underrated Poke here.

Gengar with Thunderbolt / Sludge Bomb / Shadoll Ball / Destiny Bond is a beast and would work well in your team (You will have to breed it with Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb)

How do you change the HP of your Heliolisk? Or do you just soft reset until it's ice? And if I put surf on him, doesn't that kind of make HP Ice useless?

How do you give him CC? If it's egg moves, how do you get a baby Growlithe with CC? Arcanine and any pokemon that can breed with it that knows CC?

Metagross is life.

Uhh, Seed bomb is either egg move or tutor.. Is there a tutor with Seed bomb in this game?

As of now, once I get it fully up and running of course... My team would be Heliolisk, Greninja, Arcanine, Torterra, Noivern, and Metagross. I think it's pretty solid, and Greninja doesn't have to know Surf thanks to Heliolisk.

Edited by superlucario603

What ShadowStar said about Heliolisk. I soft reset to get Ice on mine but using Ditto can help you get HP Ice. Putting HP Ice isn't useless at all; with SolarPower and HP Ice, you can sweep Dragon for days. Covers Ground weakness too....

Breed Arcanine with Mankey, Zangoose, Monferno or Lucario to get CC

Seed Bomb is an egg move. Breed Torterra with Exeggutor, Sunkern or Shroomish.

Good luck

What ShadowStar said about Heliolisk. I soft reset to get Ice on mine but using Ditto can help you get HP Ice. Putting HP Ice isn't useless at all; with SolarPower and HP Ice, you can sweep Dragon for days. Covers Ground weakness too....

Breed Arcanine with Mankey, Zangoose, Monferno or Lucario to get CC

Seed Bomb is an egg move. Breed Torterra with Exeggutor, Sunkern or Shroomish.

Good luck

Meh.. Heliolisk meh.. He sounds better in terms of a fighting team but I'd probably stick with stoutland because he has Strength (stab), last resort (sweeps hard and stab), work up for attack boost, and surf. And he has a nature that benefits attack... however, I will definitely keep Heliolisk in rotation.

I might consider doing all of that breeding junk, but that's so much time... bleh ohh well. Although Arcanine might be worth, I think it would be better to have Wood Hammer on Torterra instead.

Ohh, and I turned Greninja into a special attacker instead of physical, because I randomly got a +SpA - Atk from the psychologist.. He has Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Grass knot... what should I put as his water move? Hydro Pump has a 4/5 chance to hit so I don't really want to go with that... Should I take out Stoutland and give Greninja surf? Ame make Scald a TM ;-;

Edited by superlucario603

Meh.. Heliolisk meh.. He sounds better in terms of a fighting team but I'd probably stick with stoutland because he has Strength (stab), last resort (sweeps hard and stab), work up for attack boost, and surf. And he has a nature that benefits attack... however, I will definitely keep Heliolisk in rotation.

I might consider doing all of that breeding junk, but that's so much time... bleh ohh well. Although Arcanine might be worth, I think it would be better to have Wood Hammer on Torterra instead.

Ohh, and I turned Greninja into a special attacker instead of physical, because I randomly got a +SpA - Atk from the psychologist.. He has Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Grass knot... what should I put as his water move? Hydro Pump has a 4/5 chance to hit so I don't really want to go with that... Should I take out Stoutland and give Greninja surf? Ame make Scald a TM ;-;

There is really no reason to not give Greninja Surf. Scald won't happen for a bit.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Heliolisk is better IMO... Last Resort is...unreliable really, let's be real. Surf is horrible for Stoutland...

You can breed eggs instantly, just read this guide @Etesian did Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets . I hatch my eggs in seconds lol.

If you are going to use Curse on Torterra, Wood Hammer will eventually KO Torterra; go with Seed Bomb. If you aren't going to use Curse use Wood Hammer.

I personally use a Greninja with: Hydro Pump / Extrasensory / Grass Knot / Ice Beam . I use Hydro Pump because my Greninja Nature is Timid, I want every power I can get.

Heliolisk is better IMO... Last Resort is...unreliable really, let's be real. Surf is horrible for Stoutland...

You can breed eggs instantly, just read this guide @Etesian did Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets . I hatch my eggs in seconds lol.

If you are going to use Curse on Torterra, Wood Hammer will eventually KO Torterra; go with Seed Bomb. If you aren't going to use Curse use Wood Hammer.

I personally use a Greninja with: Hydro Pump / Extrasensory / Grass Knot / Ice Beam . I use Hydro Pump because my Greninja Nature is Timid, I want every power I can get.

...Did you just say Last Resort is unreliable? It's only weak spot is ghost types. Otherwise it's always a kill. Like, really. Always.

I don't like using cheat engine to be honest >_>

Meh eventually.. I already have a good set and nature and EVs on Torterra so I'd rather not breed a Turtwig just for seed bomb.

.....How did you get Ice Beam on Greninja wtf