Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Beryl Police Officers/Growlithe Trouble

friebz

Question

Hey everyone, I've been having some trouble with the police officers event. After I completed the current installment of the game (Terra's gym battle) and gained access back to Reborn City, I decided to do all the events I'd missed before. I checked back and looked for policemen in all four places excluding the pit where Growlithe and the dead officer are in the library, and I am almost certain that I've rescued all four living cops. But when I go to where Growlithe is located, it doesn't show up. Am I missing something crucial to the event or have I somehow missed one of the police officers?

15 answers to this question

If I'm not wrong somebody had the same problem before. Did you update the game without finishing the event? (For example: You found 2 cops and continued the game without finishing the event and you updated to a newer episode).

The Growlithe is in the Police Station...

Or it could be that.

Edited by Absolute_Zero

The Growlithe isn't in the police station. The cops still say I'm missing someone but I'm almost certain I've found all of them. And I did not update my episode at all. I've only had Episode 14.1 throughout my entire time playing Reborn. I'm just lost as to what it is I'm missing

I was actually about to post about this myself.. However, I did update the game before finishing the event.

I found the 4 living ones at the previous version i played (think it was about episode 10 or so (still had the gamefiles on my comp so didnt bother to download them again))

After defeating Terra, I found out where the dead policeman was suppost to be through a video, but the growlithe is nowhere to be found

Is there still a way to satisfy the policecommander so he'll give me growlithe? :P

I remember in Episode 13 that I completed this quest while I was blowing time waiting for E14 to release. It might have been a scripting error on Ame's part or something, because I got that Growlithe way after beating the game. Maybe Ame changed something in E14 with the events with the cops because I think I remember doing something different on my second playthrough.

I guess it can't be helped then haha. Shame I can't get it now since I love Arcanine but I think I'll be just fine with my other fire-types. Anyways thanks for the help/advice everyone

Hi, same problem here. Pretty sure I found all policemen, except for the dead one a long time ago.

Now in ep 15, I want to do the mystery egg quest, so I need the last one and can't find the dead one where the growlithe were supposed to be...

Does that mean I can't do the mystery egg quest ? :(

Just went to the Beryl Library, can't find any Growlithe near the hole in the floor of the right room.

And when I go back to the police station, the commissioner isn't here anymore, so can I still complete this quest ?

I actually got PMed a while back by someone saying that if you went back to an earlier episode than 14 it would work. I have yet to try this method, but once I get to it I'll let you know if it works or not.

I just try with ep 13, it works :)

Just be careful to only start the game indoors, then switch back to ep 15 to reach the police station.

Then you need to start ep 13 again to get the Growlithe.

If you go out when you're using ep 13 it will crash.