Magic Guard Clefable or Unaware Clefable

redangel

So I've come upon a Cleffa and I was wondering in the realm of Reborn what was more useful to have on the grand scale of abilities?. Magic Guard or Unaware? I've used both competitively before and I know how they work there and I have a pretty good idea of Clefables strengths and weaknesses as a Pokemon. I was just wondering if one ability was more useful than the other in reborn.

Edited by redangel

Well at the moment my Team Is Bayleaf and (f) Espurr, female espurr. At the moment they're doing well as a tag team with Female Espurr sweeping while Bayleaf takes the harder hits. I'd like to have more than those two though.

I just demolished Juliet with Bayleaf and Espurr

Magic Guard is better.

Status moves are uncommon, but set up moves are even more uncommon.

And if everything fails, just remember that we got Ability Capsules :]

Edited by Vinny

Viva la Magic Guard. Status moves are uncommon, but a lot of fields do entry damage each turn. Coreys two fields have such effects (the one does entry damage each turn, the other poisons everyone each turn), the Burning Field does that, the new Murkwater does that, the Underwater field does that to types weak to Water, the Rocky field has some (missing physical attacks and flinching does percentage damage) and the Wasteland makes Spikes, TSpikes and Stealth Rocks a literal pain.

Also, Unaware (also Simple and Klutz) Pokemon get double damage from some attacks in the field of the Psychic leader.

There's a lot of mixed responses here, and that's great. That's how it should be; both abilities certainly have their pros and cons.

For this game, however, you're going to want to go with Magic Guard. That's not to say Unaware won't have it's uses in some situations, it's just that Magic Guard will be a saving grace for a lot of the field effects out there.that damage Pokemon. Rock field, Fire field, Blaze field, Sandstorm and Hail, Swamp field, etc. are all examples of field damage hitting Pokemon. Clefable is an amazingly defensive Pokemon that can either use Cosmic Power or Calm Mind to begin a setup on your opponent. WIthout the fight becoming a battle of attrition, Clefable circumvents unnecessary damage and let's you do that.

My vote goes to Magic Guard. Unaware has it's amazing uses, but it's helpful scope isn't as broad as Magic Guard in PR.

There's a lot of mixed responses here, and that's great. That's how it should be; both abilities certainly have their pros and cons.

For this game, however, you're going to want to go with Magic Guard. That's not to say Unaware won't have it's uses in some situations, it's just that Magic Guard will be a saving grace for a lot of the field effects out there.that damage Pokemon. Rock field, Fire field, Blaze field, Sandstorm and Hail, Swamp field, etc. are all examples of field damage hitting Pokemon. Clefable is an amazingly defensive Pokemon that can either use Cosmic Power or Calm Mind to begin a setup on your opponent. WIthout the fight becoming a battle of attrition, Clefable circumvents unnecessary damage and let's you do that.

My vote goes to Magic Guard. Unaware has it's amazing uses, but it's helpful scope isn't as broad as Magic Guard in PR.

Now here's a question does magic guard negate Terrain effects as well?