Breeding advice

Ganolth

In general, yes. But if we're talking about going back to an earlier episode for TM move breeding (for which the latest usable Episode is actually E13) then it depends on whether the Power Items already were in the game or not. I think those were only added later, so they should have no effect. But I could be wrong since I never mess with IVs, so put one on, fight something and see of they work, I guess?

Btw, the guide Derpy Simon linked also has a link to E12 in it.

That really sucks, now I need a 4th move for my Typhlosion.

I have Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Smokescreen, and Swift.

I don't really want to use another fire move, but I don't have many options in Reborn

Any Suggestions? Nova has 31 S.Attack IVs, 252 S.Attack EVs, 27 Speed IVs, and 252 Speed EVs.

Also if anyone was wondering Power bracelets for breeding work perfectly.

I bet they won't give us the TM 22 until the last episode..

That really sucks, now I need a 4th move for my Typhlosion.

I have Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Smokescreen, and Swift.

I don't really want to use another fire move, but I don't have many options in Reborn

Any Suggestions? Nova has 31 S.Attack IVs, 252 S.Attack EVs, 27 Speed IVs, and 252 Speed EVs.

You have a Typhlosion but you're not running Eruption?

I know Typhlosion learns Eruption naturally, but if you use a heart Scale, you can get it anytime.

Since Typhlosion's natural coverage is terrible, i'd suggest >> "Sunny Day, Eruption, Flamethrower, Extrasensory" for now.

Eruption destroys lives, Flamethrower for when Nova's health gets down, Extrasensory coverage and Sunny Day for that added power.

This might the best you can get right now UNLESS you're willing to go breed in episode 13. But that's with Etesian, not me.

Welp, if coverage is what you're looking for, there's Hidden Power, that move that can be anything you'd ever want it to be (except for "stronger than 60 BP"). Anyways, you can take this and this and see what you'd like the most. With Fire and Psychic, Electric, Grass or Fighting hit the most things super-effectively, but something like Rock or Ground also gives good numbers...there's also the fact that Typhlosion cannot set up in any way, so you don't even have to go for perfect coverage, just go with something your team is lacking.

And yes, definitely get Eruption, it's one of the main reasons to use Typhlosion for most people.

You have a Typhlosion but you're not running Eruption?

I know Typhlosion learns Eruption naturally, but if you use a heart Scale, you can get it anytime.

Since Typhlosion's natural coverage is terrible, i'd suggest >> "Sunny Day, Eruption, Flamethrower, Extrasensory" for now.

Eruption destroys lives, Flamethrower for when Nova's health gets down, Extrasensory coverage and Sunny Day for that added power.

This might the best you can get right now UNLESS you're willing to go breed in episode 13. But that's with Etesian, not me.

I am looking at the Gen 5 tm moves and the only thing I could think to breed onto a Cyndaquil is toxic because there are not many S.Attack moves that I would want. I like Eruption, but I want more diversity with my attacks. Cyndaquil has been my favorite starter since Silver came out, so I use it more out of Fandom then anything else. It feels weird using Sunny Day on Nova without Solarbeam. I keep Sunny Day on Venny for Chlorophyll, so it is up pretty much all the time. Unfortunately my Hidden Power would be bug type.

Even HP Bug is still coverage, it's something. And don't look at Gen 5 TM moves, E12 had Gen 6 TM moves, but Gen 5 breeding mechanics. You could go back to E10 or earlier to breed Gen 5 TM moves, but there's not much useful stuff back there.

And for Eruption, it's still way stronger than Flamethrower at full health, and Typhlosion has so little bulk, it wouldn't be worth it to run Flamethrower over Eruption.

charizard-mega-y.jpg

In my opinion its the best fire mega evolution

Oooookay? No mega evolutions were mentioned in this post and megas are currently unavailable in the game anyways. I think you may have posted in the wrong topic?