XY team (OU-ish)

Bernkastel

Well, this is my first time doing this sort of thing, lets see how it goes ^^
This is a team I'm planing on using on XY, I first created this team with pokemon I liked in mind, originally I run a mono-fairy team, that team is my pride and it took me to 1700~ rating on Showdown until the ladder was reset, after that I didn't play as much, now I sort of retired from that competitive scene, now I only play for funsies. During the creation of this team I used to run Mega Lopunny instead of Mega Lucario, but since I do not own ORAS (and I will not buy it, it's so expensive >.<), I have to chose to run Mega Lucario instead.
The main problem I find with this team is that the vast majority of it are Physical Attackers, so far this hasn't been a problem seeing as the team as a positive win/lose ratio, but still, I'm looking for improvement before I get into creating the team in-game. With that said, I'm not thinking of replacing pokemons, seeing as this is a team of stuff I like and enjoy, but I'm all up for set/spread changes if they prove interesting and good during tests.
707.png
Schlusselkette (Klefki) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
Klefki lead, it has become my favorite lead pokemon, amazing typing and godlike ability, can set up screens and deal with physical threats, I really wouldn't switch it for anything else.
700.png
Blauen (Sylveon) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 SpA
Modest Nature
- Echoed Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Sylveon is my favorite pokemon so it's in a lot of my teams (seriosuly, a lot), this set however deviates from what I usually do, I found the ideia of using Assault Vest amusing and so far it has produced nice results, I'm only pondering switching Echoed Voice for Hyper Voice.
160.png
Kaiser (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
A nice and bitey pokemon, I really enjoy to set up a DDance behind the screens Klefki left and proceed to try to sweep with a Sheer Force Life Orb boosted Aligator.
The only move I don't like here is Earthquake because it doesn't get boosted by Sheer Force and I end up taking the life orb recoil.
430.png
Oberhaupt (Honchkrow) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Night Slash
I always liked Honchkrow but I never really had used it, at first it was wierd using him because I wasn't used to his strategy at all, but with time I got used to him and he has saved me from a lot of bad situations with that Sucker Punch.
059.png
Stark (Arcanine) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
Arcanine is in my opinion one of the best Fire-Types in the game with a great movepool and a decent stat spread, this particular one is named after my IRL dog who I like a lot. I feel like this is a pretty standard set for Arcanine, but it works.
448-m.png
Blumenkranz (Lucario) (F) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge/Drain Punch/Ice Punch
- Agility
Now this is a very wierd set, I'm still very unsure on one of the moves, I went with a mixed set to somewhat cover the problem of basically all my team being physical attackers. With agility Lucario can become a Pseudo-Mega Lopunny and adaptability makes it hit like a monster truck, but to be honest I haven't tested Lucario all that much so I expect to change it more than the others. Ice Punch can deal with Dragons like Salamence and Garchomp, but I have no answers to Talonflame, Stone Edge solves that but I honestly don't like to bet with Stone Edge since it misses on me a lot (Rock Slide is a possibility, I haven't tried it yet but I intend to), Drain Punch can be good for a Physical Stab and HP recovery, it doesn't cover anything it's just a win-more move.
Well this is it, I probably forgot somethings along the way, if I remember I'll come back and edit this post.

I feel that there are a ton of better items for the crow, rather than Expert Belt. With its large HP stat and Roos, Life Orb is actually an option... Or just Leftovers. You are going to hit for neutral with Sucker Punch most of the time anyway. Crunch is a superior opinion for Feraligatr as it is boosted by Sheer Force, meaning you won't get LO damage from any of your moves. Finally, Mega Lucario is currently banned to Ubers.

Just my two cents.

I tried Life Orb on Honchkrow, and I didn't enjoy it, Expert Belt only works on Super Effective moves and so far it hasn't let me down, I haven't tried Leftovers but I'll give it a try. I did not remember of Crunch at all but thinking about it it seems like a great ideia, and I do know that Mega Lucario is Uber, but I don't follow Smogon rules completely (which is why I called it OU-ish), I feel that some rules are needed but I don't agree on how restrictive their rules are, I'm testing this team on the Anything Goes tier.

But the problem with that is the fact that Anything Goes is a tier designed specifically to address the fact that Mega Rayquaza is too strong even for Ubers. Which means, there are things so strong in that tier (with the mentioned Mega Rayquaza being just the top of the iceberg) that this team honestly doesn't stand a chance against them. Not because this team is bad, mind you, but simply because they are too strong. This is why I am saying that, like them or not, you should follow Smogon tiers if you want to play on Showdown: failure to do so will only result in you being thrown in the tier where the atrociously broken stuff dwell. And well, facing them with a balanced team is no fun, I tell you.

So yeah, as long as you play on your 3DS, be it against the AI or via WiFi, this is a good team, not so much for Showdown tho :(

So far AG hasn't been as bad as that, http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-225712317 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-225709773

I feel like AG is more like the 3DS wifi battles, anything goes, so I guess it's the perfect testing grounds, at any rate, I'm only testing this team on Showdown because Pokebattle.com is down.

Something I forgot to mention is that this team is an adapted version for the XY games, the orginal version is a normal OU team with Mega Lopunny instead of Lucario.

Well yes, with Mega Lopunny this becomes a fairly good OU team. The only thing I see that might need addressing in that case is the lack of Stealth Rock, which is needed more than ever given how threatening Talonflame is. And Well, Talonflame can actually tear through most of this team: since you have 4 physical sweepers, how about running Rotom-W over Feraligatr? Would be able to attack on the special spectrum, and the physically bulky variant handles Talonflame no problems. Dunno what to suggest in regards to the Stealth Rock issue without dramatically altering the team tho :/

The stealth rocks have been a problem, I mean, I can cope with it, but 2 of my team members suffer greatly from it, if they prove to be troublesome (more than they are now) in further testing I'll try to do some changes. I'm not considering pokemon changes, despite the competitive side of it I'd like to keep it all with these pokemons because they are all pokemon I really like, also Rotom-W is one of the pokemon I like the least, don't get me wrong, I understand it's competitive value, but this is not a team I'd be willing to change a pokemon I like for a pokemon I don't like for the sake of competitive value, if it were any other team I would change it. Thank you for all the advice though.

This is is XY OU tho so Lucarionite was totally legit.

You might want to balance the walls more...Klefki does better as a special wall with it's typing so try this>>>>>>>>>>

klefki.png

key thing (Klefki) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Magnet Rise lets Klefki obliterate pokemon like Landorus (both forms) Mega Metagross to an extent (Meaty Mash is a two okho) and set up on them. Bold Nature kinda contradicts it's only offensive move, so use Careful. Light Screen Klefki is inferior to bulky key thing. IMO TBR.
Your Sylveon will do well offensively with that spread. Offensive Sylveon should be Modest with Max Special Attack. But you should invest in a Physical Wall, and Sylveon does that verrry well.
Try THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
tumblr_static_diewybh91pck8kgws4ws0s8g0.

Kat (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Protect/Heal Bell

Your team gets rekkkked by willow wisp, especially from Sableye. This Set can destroy Sableye. n_n Baton Pass allows to you safely pass health to teammates. Also to gain momentum. Or Both!!
LUCARIO NEEDS SPEED. It performs best as a physical attacker... and does not need speed setup. This set is ideal.
mega_lucario_sprite_by_iihurricane-d6hri

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Golden Moveset. You should also give Arcanine Flaash Fire, offensive arkhi does better with it.
Pursuit over Night Slash on Honchkrow. It can pick offf weakened enemies and start to sweep o;.
You are welcome [:

I've been using this Klefki set even outside this team and in my opinion it is the best set after the Swagger + Prankster set, this set can even surivive threats like the Landorous and Talonflame thanks to Screens (and it lets me set up Feraligatr and Lucario with more ease), I'm not saying you're isn't good, but this set has done wonders for me.

The Sylveon set I'm using was just a fun thing, I've used pretty much every Sylveon set (I did say she goes in a lot of my teams) so I know the cleric variant is extremely useful, I just wanted to derp around with Assault Vest, it does surprisingly good.

And it is due to Will-o-Wisp, that I made a mixed Lucario, not only that, Arcanine checks for Will-o-Wisp, and if it's a Sableye, Sylveon can take it and it won't change it's ability to punch holes, for a while at least.

This mixed Lucario is very experimental, it has Agility so it can outspeed nearly everything, and I think that with Adaptability it has enough force to OHKO a lot of things, I'd rather not make it a physical set due to further Will-o-Wisp weaknesses, I'm very unsure about the last move though, I've narrowed it down to Drain Punch or Rock Slide, Drain Punch can get me through special walls like Blissey and Chancey and it gets the adaptablity boost, Rock Slide checks Mega Charizard-Y and Talonflame, and so far I haven't been able to decide on which is better.

Pursuit on Honchkrow seems interesting I'll be sure to try it, I don't know how I didn't remember it.