Good fan games?

Lord_Ludo

A few similar topics to this already, but you could play Zeta/Omicron or Rejuventation. Uranium has some potential but it uses a pretty buggy Essentials, the story is slow, and if youre not into tons of Fakemon you will be upset. Pokemon Island is good if you dont mind a nonexistant story and bad graphics but its redeemable in being purely about battling which makes it a niche game. Gray Topaz also has some potential but personally I couldnt get over the character sprites and quit the game before I even got a starter but may be worth checking out despite my personal bias.

Theres a lot of other games that seem good but Im waiting for them to show signs of developed progress.

For a bit of a twist there is Digimon Digital Dream which while not strictly a pokemon game it is built with essentials and incorporates pokemon mechanics. Its downside is it also uses a buggy version of Essentials.

just noticed this one:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286748

Looks fairly impressive, Im actually gunna download and check it out myself right now.

Hmm nevermind :/ it actually only has two gyms so far and the developer doesnt want to release an update till its *perfect* and prob wont be done till like december. Ugh, I much prefer rolling releases.

Edited by madf0x

Really the issue comes down to the fact that Pokemon Essentials is the best way to make a fan made pokemon game while simultaneously being terrible. Then you combo it with the fact that most people making the games are simply bad at quality checking. They also either try to do everything which makes their weak points glaring, or they focus on one thing and everything else just drops. Really the best way to make a game is to either have a diverse staff from the get go, or shamelessly take as much working things from other games as possible.

But seriously, so many games would be far better if their developers actually played through their own game and dont use vanilla Essentials.

Edited by madf0x

A few similar topics to this already, but you could play Zeta/Omicron or Rejuventation. Uranium has some potential but it uses a pretty buggy Essentials, the story is slow, and if youre not into tons of Fakemon you will be upset. Pokemon Island is good if you dont mind a nonexistant story and bad graphics but its redeemable in being purely about battling which makes it a niche game. Gray Topaz also has some potential but personally I couldnt get over the character sprites and quit the game before I even got a starter but may be worth checking out despite my personal bias.

Theres a lot of other games that seem good but Im waiting for them to show signs of developed progress.

For a bit of a twist there is Digimon Digital Dream which while not strictly a pokemon game it is built with essentials and incorporates pokemon mechanics. Its downside is it also uses a buggy version of Essentials.

just noticed this one:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286748

Looks fairly impressive, Im actually gunna download and check it out myself right now.

Hmm nevermind :/ it actually only has two gyms so far and the developer doesnt want to release an update till its *perfect* and prob wont be done till like december. Ugh, I much prefer rolling releases.

I downloaded this.

I get to choose Turtwig as my starter! I'm always down to choose Turtwig.

Is your text speed slow? I have cheat engine speed hack at 3.0 and I've set the ingame text speed to fast.