First team - Mega Sharpedo UU

Follow

Hi, this is my first try at team building, so if it's quite terrible, don't say "that's terrible", but give me some advice so I can make it better, I won some battles with it and I think it's not that bad, but the advice is of course really important, so let's go. (sorry for the grammar errors)

82.png207.png319.png169.png464.png346.png

346.gif

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 12 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
Basic curse cradily to build around, this thing is so underrated, after some curses, nothing can stop it, the thing is: Almost no one uses Cradily, so they don't know how to deal with it, and storm drain definitely can help when I'm fighting things like crocune or another mega sharpedo, since crunch/ice fang can't OHKO me and I can then retaliate back with a seed bomb. Seed Bomb and Rock slide are good STAB moves since there aren't many pokemon that resist both rock and grass in UU, like... chesnaught, toxicroak (though toxicroak does not take hits well at all if I can get to +3).
82.gif
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [ice]
Even with a timid nature HP Ice can OHKO D-dance salamance as long it doesn't set up, it entered after cradily because it basically can deal with every cradily weakness aside from fighting, and it can trap some bad stuff for cradily like roar/toxic empoleon and eviolite doublade to get some damage so mega-sharpedo/cradily/crobat will have a better match.
207-f.gif
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Defog/Knock off
SD pass with no attacking moves, I can pass SD to mega sharpedo, or even to rhyperior if I want to (like... I can pass it to Rhyperior if my opponent has some pokemon that sharpedo can't 2HKO and... oh wait, mega sharpedo can 2HKO everything at +2 after stealth rocks, lol (Haven't tried against mega agrron yet)). Defog is useful since crobat won't appreciate rocks damage, but knock off can be used for some eviolite/assault vest/choiceitem threats.
319.gif
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Ice Fang
The main sweeper/cleaner, as I mentioned, everything in this tier is 2HKO'd if I can pass a SD, I used to have EQ, but I just noticed that it was so stupid because strong jaw crunch STAB will always do more damage than a regular EQ, so now I'm running strong jaw Ice fang to hit more stuff super effectively, hydreigon and chesnaught for example (Of course I'll need some damage in chesnaught first.)
169.gif
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Sludge Bomb/Defog
NP Crobat ftw, really, this thing can catch your opponents of guard and get some kills, your opponent switch to something that can take a brave bird/acrobatics when you set up a NP, then proceed to kill stuff, at least one thing will go down if your opponent doesn't have a counter. About the defog, I'm currently running sludge bomb, but defog can be an option if I give knock off to gligar. Aside from the main stabs, heat wave can help against mons you can't touch like mega aggron (at +2 heat wave 2HKO mega aggron if it's not running max spdef max HP)
464-f.gif
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Tank rhyperior, stealth rock support is really important for this team since it helps sharpedo a lot to deal with sturdy and focus sash users, just because mega-sharpedo can't take many hits, so having stealth rock support to wear down my opponents team is always good. Roar is to deal with things that will try to set up on me.
And that's it, my first team is working for me, but I know it can be better, some suggestions will be REALLY nice.
Import

Cradily @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [ice]
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Defog
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Earthquake
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Defog
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

My only issue here is that you don't seem to be able to handle the many Fighting-type offnsive threats of the tier. I mean yes, both Crobat and Gligar can switch safely into a Fighting-type mon, but the question is: what can they do once they are in? Crobat needs a turn to set-up in order to be effective, otherwise it will be sitting duck to whatever your opponent sends in after the Fighting-type, and Gligar can only baton pass, but the problem is, all your BP-targets are weak to fighting. So yeah, to solve this problem, I'd change Crobat to the fast support set (Brave Bird - Roost - Defog - U-turn or Toxic), also I'd drop the whole SD-pass thing and use Gligar for SR support (something like Toxic - SR - Earthquake - Roost), and finally I'd drop Rhyperior for something that can weaken Sharpedo's counters. Something that isn't weak to fighting, given that at this point you have FOUR fighting weaknesses in your team. Given your team synergy, I'd recommend Scarf Darmanitan: you see, Darmanitan tends to attract the same things that are also needed to counter Sharpedo (like Suicune, for example), so if you predict right and use U-turn on them, sending in Magnezone, you can keep on u-turning and volt-switching to wear down opponents as they are left with no option but to switch out (taking SR damage in the process), so that it will be easier for Sharpedo to clean house afterwards.

Just my two cents.

Hmm,hmm yes, yes I see.

Fighting IS crippling to you. You might want to run more support there m8.

Try this:

207.gif

feelr my tongue [; (Gligar) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt/Toxic

Use Gligar as a Stallbreaker. It's quite fast and somewhat powerful, and with that god forsaken Eviolite, its damn near indestructible. q-q But to be honest I don't think it fits on your team.
464.gif

very driLl (Rhyperior) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

Rhyperior isn't too great with it's typing defensively, but does amazing offensively. 1 Rock Polish gets it to 393 base speed, outspeeding almost everything unboosted. (M-Beedrill, Aerodactly watch out!) Stone Edge is irrelevant. IRRELEVANT. The Life Orb really allows Rhyperior to sweep.
MSharpedo_ORAS.gif

JAWSOME!!!! (Sharpedo) (M) @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Crunch

Hydro Pump is astonishingly good, allowing Sharkie to dent threats like Hippowdon. Crunch is the main move of this set, with JAW DROPPING power. LMAO
169.gif

BatWoman? (Crobat) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Crobat is ridiculously good defensively. Taunt can shut down enemy support, Roost up when you want to, Brave Bird to have a powerful stab move, and Toxic to take care of annoying threats such as Hippowdon, Umbreon, Krookodile, etc.
Magneton_BW.gif

Magneton is fine. lol wut?

395.gif

Phorcys (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Defog
- Scald

Empoleon is one of the best pokemon in all of UU. It does the job of 2 of your original Pokemon, now that is something. Along with his FANTASTIC defensive typing, (but very poor offensively :'( it will be eating so many hits.

Sonikku, I'll try your suggestions too, and since you think gligar doesn't fit in my team, what do you recommend?

Kinda my combination of Empoleon, Crobat and Rhyperior can replace it.

346.gif

Cradil Me (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide

Cradily looks pretty scary to be honest. But dies to toxic. You might want to run Rest over Recover to compensate. Sleep Talk might be great too, and run Suction Cups please. You'll make so many people rage~ Cradily won't b goin no where. heh

Kinda my combination of Empoleon, Crobat and Rhyperior can replace it.

346.gif

Cradil Me (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide

Cradily looks pretty scary to be honest. But dies to toxic. You might want to run Rest over Recover to compensate. Sleep Talk might be great too, and run Suction Cups please. You'll make so many people rage~ Cradily won't b goin no where. heh

I honestly think that he should keep Cradily no matter what, and with Storm Drain too, because Crocune is kinda a pain for his team otherwise...

I honestly think that he should keep Cradily no matter what, and with Storm Drain too, because Crocune is kinda a pain for his team otherwise...

'-' Crobat is beat by Magneton and Empoleon makes Suicune irrelevant wth Roar. Running the combo of Taunt from your Crobat and Storm Drain of CraDily is fantastic to beat Suicune, it's up to you what ability you desire. But if you just want to deal with it later...lean on Empoleon~ When you need something strong...He'll roar that bulky ass dog....away~