Current Team, Suggestions?

TeitoWolf

Ok, So this is my first playthrough of the game and I just finish episode 14 by beating Terra. Now I played pokemon competitively for a little bit and know for a fact this team here is weak as hell, but they all pulled through for me at some point in the game. So I'm just curious if anyone here can help make some suggestions on some pokemon here to replace to make the team a bit stronger (if you can please give me a general location of said pokemon, in case I ever consider it), since I know the difficulty will only spike from this point.

Ah, also I tend to not be very patient and have terrible luck so the combination of the two makes it very difficult for me to breed and EV train without getting bored and/or frustrated. I'm not looking for a perfect IV and EV team, just a different insight on my team.

Current Reborn Team -

232.gif
Donny (Donphan) (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Sturdy
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Giga Impact
- Rapid Spin
417.gif
(Might be replaced with Porygon 2)
Peach (Pachirisu) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Volt Absorb
Docile Nature
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle
- Sweet Kiss
- Discharge
303.gif
Brielle (Mawile) (F)
Ability: Sheer Force
- Play Rough
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
noivern_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d
Gwyndolin (Noivern) (F)
Ability: Frisk
Rash Nature
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
470.gif
Haru (Leafeon) (M)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lax Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Nature Power
38.gif
Cassandra (Ninetales) (F) @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Extrasensory

Donphan, such a cool pokemon, but not that useful when we start to talk about battling. I can barely take special hits, and it's slow. Without EV investment or trick room, slow pokemon are just a waste of time. Do you want better ground types? Flygon, such a destructive beast, it has less attack, but the speed will definitely help a ton. But what I really recommend is a mamoswine, because your team is SUPER weak to dragon spam (since things like dragonite and garchomp always carry firepunch or earthquake for your mawile), Saphira is probably going to be your nightmare, but hey! The dragonslayer is there to help you out, but you will have to breed icicle crash/icicle spear on it, otherwise it's going to be bad.

Porygon is limited in reborn, it has such a terrible movepool without TMs. I think you probably want an eletric type. I'll give you a tip: You have a ninetales, you can set up the sun, there's one eletric type that has solar power, and with this ability + it's huge movepool it can be a monster. Heliolisk. HP Ice, Grass Knot, Dark Pulse and thunderbolt are good, but you might consider switching dark pulse for focus miss in the future.

I guess you can put this thing on your PC box waiting for the mega, because non-mega mawile is not that great, do you want a fairy? Gardevoir and sylveon can replace it. If you want a steel type you can go for a durant, though empoleon won't be bad, because as I can see, you don't have water types. Anyways, mawile is good, this moveset is good, but non-mega mawile stats are not that great, even with sheer force (Swords dance over brick break is a good option too), so... just wait for the mega.

Ah, one of my favourite pokemon from gen 6, this moveset is really great, but I'd recommend tailwind over shadow ball as a last resort move when you know you're about to go down, so you can support your teammates. Then a +speed nature will be better (timid or naive, you can change them at the 7th street).

Another thing that doesn't get good stuff without TMs, if you want a physical grass type, I just have one word: Gogoat. This thing is bulky as hell, though it has bad physical defense, but there's a solution: Bulk Up, after some bulk ups you'll be indestructible. For the moveset: Horn Leech, EQ, Aerial Ace, Bulk Up is the best. BUUTT if you want a faster mon, leavanny all the way, it has clorophyll and access to sticky web support, some of your team members would love some speed boosts. (One stat decreased on the other opponent is the equal to one stat increased to you and him with neutral stats.)

You can breed energy ball to replace dark pulse, and will-o-wisp to replace extrasensory, that's it. But if you get energy ball, a miracle seed will be way better.

Here you go, an Etesian's big paragraphs style analysis, a good analysis.

Edited by Follow

Donphan, such a cool pokemon, but not that useful when we start to talk about battling. I can barely take special hits, and it's slow. Without EV investment or trick room, slow pokemon are just a waste of time. Do you want better ground types? Flygon, such a destructive beast, it has less attack, but the speed will definitely help a ton. But what I really recommend is a mamoswine, because your team is SUPER weak to dragon spam (since things like dragonite and garchomp always carry firepunch or earthquake for your mawile), Saphira is probably going to be your nightmare, but hey! The dragonslayer is there to help you out, but you will have to breed icicle crash/icicle spear on it, otherwise it's going to be bad.

Porygon is limited in reborn, it has such a terrible movepool without TMs. I think you probably want an eletric type. I'll give you a tip: You have a ninetales, you can set up the sun, there's one eletric type that has solar power, and with this ability + it's huge movepool it can be a monster. Heliolisk. HP Ice, Grass Knot, Dark Pulse and thunderbolt are good, but you might consider switching dark pulse for focus miss in the future.

I guess you can put this thing on your PC box waiting for the mega, because non-mega mawile is not that great, do you want a fairy? Gardevoir and sylveon can replace it. If you want a steel type you can go for a durant, though empoleon won't be bad, because as I can see, you don't have water types. Anyways, mawile is good, this moveset is good, but non-mega mawile stats are not that great, even with sheer force (Swords dance over brick break is a good option too), so... just wait for the mega.

Ah, one of my favourite pokemon from gen 6, this moveset is really great, but I'd recommend tailwind over shadow ball as a last resort move when you know you're about to go down, so you can support your teammates. Then a +speed nature will be better (timid or naive, you can change them at the 7th street).

Another thing that doesn't get good stuff without TMs, if you want a physical grass type, I just have one word: Gogoat. This thing is bulky as hell, though it has bad physical defense, but there's a solution: Bulk Up, after some bulk ups you'll be indestructible. For the moveset: Horn Leech, EQ, Aerial Ace, Bulk Up is the best. BUUTT if you want a faster mon, leavanny all the way, it has clorophyll and access to sticky web support, some of your team members would love some speed boosts. (One stat decreased on the other opponent is the equal to one stat increased to you and him with neutral stats.)

You can breed energy ball to replace dark pulse, and will-o-wisp to replace extrasensory, that's it. But if you get energy ball, a miracle seed will be way better.

Here you go, an Etesian's big paragraphs style analysis, a good analysis.

I, thank you kindly for your in-depth analysis.

For the slow mon team I have going on, This is where Peach (Pachirisu) comes into play. What usually happens is I send out this little wonderful creature and go straight for the nuzzle or Sweet Kiss. When (no ifs about it) she lands either moves and receives no damage in return I go for the parafusion hax then switch out to one of my sweepers and begin to set up from there to run away with the battle. And While this is exploitable, Since she's with an Air balloon, the AI in the game will consistently use ground type attacks in a futile attempt to hit her where she laughs with Super fang as the enemy slaps itself. Though I believe Porgon 2 can do her job better, His move pool would consist of Trick Room, T-wave, Tri-attack, and Either Swagger or Secret Power with an Eviolite.

Donphan is there as more as a Bulky sweeper, I have used Donphan in Smogon before and had Relative success. I have been looking for an Assault Vest to equip it on him so he can survive Special attacks without relying entirely on Sturdy to keep him alive. Though when this Manly creature hits, he hits extremely hard. It's a rare sight for Donphan not OHKO something when I used him, But even then He's a good counter part to Peach, especially in doubles. Though I will Take into consideration about Flygon/Mamoswine. Though for me personally, I always loved having a Weavile as a counter for Dragon spamming, though If I remember correctly. There's no sneasel obtainable.

Mawile, I love this mawile. I can see where your going with and I have first hand experience the soul-crushing experience of her getting demolished by those moves (namely fire punch; since the exploit above is still possible with Mawile and ground moves.) She came in later into my game to replace my Granbull who would do the same job but slower than she did. I conteplate making my Leafeon into a Slyveon instead to replace Mawile but I wanted to experiment a bit with this team. As for Gardevoir, I have no clue where to locate a Ralts, so I was maybe considering a Slurpuff instead with a belly drum set.

For Noivern, I agree. I think tailwind would be much more beneficial for this team as a more last stand support move. Especially if I do ever decide to make Trick room Porygon, where if he Falls, noivern can still allow the remaining sweepers to pull through.

Im not entirely sure about the Leavanny or Gogoat, for if anything they're a bit more boring. Though i never really given Gogoat a try, I'll most likely test him out. Haru here, was a replacement for my Venusaur to be a more sort of Glass cannon kill all things. He can take a hella of a beating with physicals but specials destroy him.

Ah Instead of energy ball I tend to lean more towards Solarbeam since She can fire it at will and yes, She had Will-o-wisp before, but I accidentally replaced it with safeguard (Woops) while I wasn't paying attention so I kinda just rolled with it.