TPP Challenge Run

Lord Chespin

So, if you haven't seen my TPP Challenge idea, the basic idea is that you're restricted to only using Pokémon that are on the winning teams of each of the 11 TPP runs to date. This list includes:

Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Pidgey
Pigeotto
Pidgeot
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran (Male)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Onix
Lapras
Eevee
Flareon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mew
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Crobat
Natu
Xatu
Marill
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Espeon
Steelix
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Surskit
Masquerain
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Azurill
Minun
Roselia
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Swablu
Altaria
Absol
Latios
Rayquaza
Bidoof
Bibarel
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Budew
Roserade
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Bronzor
Bronzong
Bonsly
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Zorua
Zoroark
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Joltik
Galvantula
Druddigon
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Xerneas

I also decided to impose some additional rules on myself:
1) I have to give my trainer and my Pokemon gibberish names, then interpret these names.
2) I have to catch every Pokémon listed above.
3) I have to find and restore every fossil Pokémon so that the glorious Fossil Pantheon may rise again.

So far, this is my team:

006.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 68 (Male)

184.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 68 (Female)

076.pngJ glshnotipw (AKA Jay Glasnost) - Lv. 68 (Female)

701.pngOINUh (AKA Owner) - Lv. 68 (Female)

196.pngUMDU (AKA Umid) - Lv. 69 (Male)

034.pngDJBCFL"C (AKA DJ Bagel C.) - Lv. 68 (Male)

I also have the following Pokemon in the PC:

399.pngseurh74 (AKA Sarah G. B.) - Lv. 9 (Female)

261.pngKHv864b (AKA Kage Forbi) - Lv. 16 (Female)

088.pngGV%6g (AKA 6% Gas) - Lv. 20 (Female)

283.pngeiuvh (AKA Eve) - Lv. 10 (Female)

043.png>KH (AKA Ricochet) - Lv. 15 (Female)

048.pngILY g fio (AKA Billy G. Fio) - Lv. 21 (Male)

315.pngHKbsgi7ig (AKA Beseigi) - Lv. 21 (Female)

312.pnguny DG (AKA Bunny Da God) - Lv. 15 (Male)

027.pngL<Hbv (AKA Chubby) - Lv. 22 (Female)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 37 (Female)

263.pngLKJ G (AKA Lex Jiggle) - Lv. 15 (Female)

287.pngkuMIGW; (AKA Kumquat) - Lv. 33 (Male)

585-w.pngI>MU WGFM (AKA Delta-Mu Wiggum) - Lv. 35 (Male)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 49 (Male)

571.pngasw ugrvhm (AKA Awesome Grum) - Lv. 55 (Male)

169.pngOPM F judv (AKA Oomph Judge) - Lv. 62 (Female)

294.pngIJ< geih (I.J. Gee) - Lv. 20 (Female)

296.pngIOH,dh8h (AKA Iode Hate) - Lv. 40 (Female)

016.pngpi,J<OH (AKA Pi Joe) - Lv. 20 (Female)

070.pngoiuHIioy (AKA Oi, hi, Oi!) - Lv. 39 (Male)

540.pngIjiM (AKA Iji) - Lv. 18 (Female)

438.pngohUMO (AKA Olimar) - Lv. 10 (Female)

536.pngOI (AKA Hello Squishy) - Lv. 35 (Female)

333.pngOP8 (AKA Overpowered Bird) - Lv. 11

436.pngoIhmo (AKA Emo bell) - Lv. 20 (Non-binary)

047.pnguOH (AKA Uh-oh) - Lv. 41 (Male)

133.pngOUIn (AKA Owen) - Lv. 1 (Male)

177.pngINU (AKA Ino) - Lv. 50 (Male)

330.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 61 (Female)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina the Godslayer) - Lv. 56 (Female)

701.pngIOUNG (Boingbird) - Lv. 46 (Female)

596.pngO H (AKA Startlebug) - Lv. 63 (Female)

437.pngOUbm (AKA Overused Bum) - Lv. 64 (Non-binary)

621.png*oh (AKA Aster the Shocked) - Lv. 65 (Male)

208.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 67 (Male)

Additionally, here's the progress of the fossil pantheon:

138.png Lord Helix (Status: Revived!)

140.pngLady Dome (Status: Revived!)

142.pngLord Amber (Status: Revived!)

345.pngLady Root (Status: Revived!)

347.pngLord Claw (Status: Revived!)

408.pngLord Skull (Status: Revived!)

410.pngLady Armor (Status: Revived!)

564.pngLord Cover (Status: Revived!)

566.pngLady Plume (Status: Revived!)

696.pngLord Jaw (Status: Revived!)

698.pngLady Sail (Status: Revived!)

I've left the following Pokemon with the Order of the Helix Fossil. They served me well, and now they'll be worshiped for the rest of their days!

083.pngI;mu (AKA I'm nothing) - Lv. 43 (Female)

018.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 40 (Male)

I also gave away this guy to an enthusiastic little kid. I hope they have a great time together! Even though he won't evolve into a Staraptor

519.pngLKJN<<IC (AKA Lincoln) - Lv. 9 (Male)

And finally, some self-imposed achievements I created for myself:

004.pngThe PC Needs Blood: Sacrifice a fire-type starter to the PC. (Complete!)

Dream_Shed_Shell_Sprite.pngThe Switch is Now Set to OFF: Complete a major battle with the battle style set to SET. (Complete!)

445-m.pngDracocide: Defeat Solaris' Garchomp. (Complete!)

493.pngDeicide: Defeat El's Ditto-Arceus. (Complete!)

Spr_3r_000.pngCompletionist: Capture every Pokemon that TPP has used for each of their runs. (Incomplete)

tumblr_n1m0wm6OhI1qia7f5o5_250.gifFossil Prophet: Obtain every Pokemon fossil. (Complete!)

ddc.png​Fossil Messiah: Revive every Pokemon fossil. (Complete!)

I'll be releasing progress updates every now and then, so stay tuned!

Edited by supermario79411

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update #1: A New Beginning (Opal/Peridot Ward)

So, I began my journey by choosing Ari to be my host and naming xym Yvefefbyefio (or, as xe prefers to be called, Yvette Bifio). I chose Charmander as my starter, mostly because if I didn't the only other fire-type I'd get would be Flareon, and that's waaaaaaay later in the game. Cain wasn't too difficult; all I had to do was growl once and then scratch him into submission. Victoria was a little harder, mainly because her Tepig hit George the Charmander for 25% of his health, but with a little help from the potion I picked up earlier I beat her. The rest of my time was spent catching Bird Wodin and #Pumbud, as well as fighting more trainers to level them up. My team would have consisted of more Pokemon, but I derped up and forgot just how many were available to me -_-. By next time I'll have a fuller team, so don't you worry!

It's nice to see how different ideas are blooming in terms of runs. Good luck with this challenge!

Thank you! Good luck with your run of Reborn!

Anyway, without further ado...

Update #2: New Friends and The Grasshole (Opal/Peridot Ward)

I'd like to welcome to the team Sarah G. B. the Bidoof, 6% Gas the Grimer, Kage Forbi the Poochyena, and Beseigi the Budew! Since I have an abundance of normal-types on my team, I decided to box Sarah, but I'll be sure to come back to her when I get the HM for Cut. Nothing too eventful happened during my exploration of the rest of the Peridot Ward, so I'll just skip ahead to Fern. Fern somehow managed to be really easy and pretty tricky at the same time. I lead with Bird Wodin and took out his Lotad in just two gusts. Bird Wodin would have taken out Fern's Snivy, too, but he used a potion and managed to knock him out via wrap damage. Fortunately, he managed to weaken Snivy enough for Kage Forbi to swoop in and knock him out with a single bite (which was welcome, as the poor thing kept lagging behind during earlier battles before it learned bite). I thought to myself, "Well, this was easy. I should be able to take out his Budew with ease!"

Oh, how wrong I was.

I send out George the Charmander to take on Budew, but I accidentally made him use scratch instead of Ember, giving Budew time to set up water sport, weakening any further embers. Budew then proceeded to paralyze George, then set up several growths and Mega Drain poor George into oblivion. Fortunately, George managed to set off two smokescreens before his demise, allowing #Pumbud to come in and spam echoed voice while Budew kept missing until Budew finally fell. With Fern out of the way, all that stands between me and Julia is the Team Meteor Factory. Tune in to see how that goes next time!

Update #3: The Mosswater Factory

So, the factory went a lot better than I expected! As much as I hate Fern with a burning passion, he actually proved to be pretty useful. He did well in battles, and his healing was invaluable. The team got a lot of levels (although they did get a slight bit uneven, but that's nothing some grinding can't fix). I even made sure to get the hidden ability capsule outside of the factory, as well as the hidden super potion and rare candy inside the factory. The battles were pretty mush the norm, so I'll get to the main event: the battle with Aster and Eclipse.

I started the battle with 6% Gas, planning on using poison gas to poison both of her Pokémon. Unfortunately, 6% Gas got hit by a smokescreen and missed Magby, but luckily she hit Elekid. With the poison and Fern slowly chipping away at Elekid, I focused all my efforts on Magby. I tried using mud-slap, but it didn't do much damage, so I switched to pound, which did far more damage... and also burned 6% Gas. -_- Worse, Aster and Eclipse used their potion on Elekid, bringing it back to full health! Poor 6% Gas didn't last too long after that, but she did manage to get a few more mud-slaps off before fainting. I then sent in #Pumbud, but the poor thing got taken out before it could even do anything. I then sent out Beseigi, who (working in tandem witth Fern's Snivy) managed to take out Elekid. With Aster and Eclipse stuck in a two-on-one fight, it only took a few turns for Magby to go down.

With the factory in ruin, all that's left to do right now is take on Julia. Here goes nothing!

Update #4: Julia Want Big Boom

Well, Julia went rather well. I led with George the Charmamder, who managed to take out her Helioptile in two hits while only taking negligible damage. He then proceeded to let loose a second ember on her first Voltorb, only to be knocked out in the same turn. Fortunately, he paved the way for 6% Gas the Grimer to come out and take out said Voltorb through a combination of poison gas and mud-slap. 6% Gas proceeded to do the same to her second Voltorb, forcing her to use her two potions before she knocked 6% Gas out with a sonicboom, leading to me sending out Bird Wodin. Luckily, the voltorb had taken so many mud-slaps that it failed to hit Bird Wodin even once, allowing Bird Wodin to take him out with several quick attacks. I then sent out #Pumbud to counter her Emolga; Emolga managed to paralyze #Pumbud with nuzzle, but #Pumbud powered through it and managed to wail echoed voice at the top of her lungs until the Emolga's eardrums burst and it fainted. She even manged to one-shot Julia's Blitzle and take roughly a third of her Electrode's health off before said Electrode ended her run. Beseigi came out next, and even though she only did minor damage to Electrode thanks to several charges that it had set up, the brave little thing kept shooting off mega drains until its demise, allowing Kage Forbi to come out and finish off Electrode, earning me my first badge! Onwards to the Obsidia Ward!

Update #5: More New Friends and Victoria

Well, thanks to a rainy day and Julia's defeat, I managed to find all the Pokémon I need in the Peridot Ward! Say hello to Havoc Buck the Onix and Eve the Surskit! My team's pretty good as is, so I won't be using either of them anytime soon, but I will be sure to go back for Havoc Buck once I get a metal coat.

The second Victoria battle wasn't so bad; 6% Gas took out her Ralts before the poor thing could even attack, and Bird Wodin and George the Charmander worked together to take out her Makuhita (a Pokémon which I'm definitely adding to the team as soon as I reach the slums). Her Pignite was a little harder, though: it took out George before he could even attack, and it took a good deal of 6% Gas' health off before she knocked him out via poison damage and mud-slaps. With Victoria out of the way, it's time to take on the slums!

Keep the good work!

Thank you! Anyway...

Update #6: The Slums

I'd like to welcome to the team Lincoln the Pidove and Iustina the Makuhita! Also, remember how I said Havoc Buck wasn't going to be on the team? I lied. Turns out, he and Iustina will be replacing Kage Forbi and 6% Gas on the team (although 6% Gas will get a temporary comeback for the battle against Florina). They've been pulling their weight so far, and I have high hopes for them!

Anyway, the slums went by pretty easily. The only trainer (barring the Pokemon Gang battle) who really gave me trouble was the one guy with the Espurr, and even then it was less in a "fighting this guy for seventy hours trying to get past him" way and more in a "just trying to beat him with the right Pokemon so it can get experience" way. Speaking of the Pokemon Gang battle, it went by pretty well: Bird Wodin and Beseigi tookdown the first two Scraggy all by themselves, and when they got knocked out by the third Scraggy and the Scrafty, Iustina and George (who evolved during the slums excursion, by the way) took them out (gotta love Dragon Rage in the early game).

I'll be covering the Cain battle and the PULSE Tangrowth battle in a single post tommorow due to their close proximity, so stay tuned!

Update #7: A Pretty Boy and a Pretty Messed-Up Tangrowth

So, We got two new team members! Say hello to Billy G. Fio the Venonat and Ricochet the Oddish! I plan to use Billy for the Florina battle, and I might use Ricochet as part of the team once she learns Moonblast.

Anyway, Cain was fairly straightfoward. Havoc Buck went out first and set up stealth rock,and then rock tomb'ed Cain's Grimer to death. Oshawott went down quickly to Beseigi's mega drains. Nidorino managed to takeout Bird Wodin and #Pumbud, but they managed to weaken him enough for Havoc Buck to take him out with rock tomb. Buck then proceeded to utterly wreck Cain's Venonat, securing me my second win against Cain!

The PULSE Tangrowth was a little trickier. #Pumbud came out first and managed to land a screech before fainting, but Bird Wodin (who had evolved during the interval between Cain and the Tangrowth) was barely able do deal any damage to the Tangrowth before getting annihilated. Fortunately, George came out and proceeded to completely and utterly wreck the Tangrowth. Oh, how I love Dragon Rage... ;)

Anyway, the next update may take a while to come out, simply because I'm going to have to do a lot of grinding to get Trapinch from the Game Corner. Stay tuned!

Update #7.5: Gamblers Anonymous

Hey! I was originally going to put the announcement of the new team members as a separate post, but I figured the gap between updates would be a little too long. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce Icky the Shinx and Vinyl the Trapinch! I have big plans for them in the future- and I should, because one does not spend hours of one's life gambling in order to earn enough points to buy a new Pokémon and then not use said Pokémon. Seriously, I don't even want to talk about, look at, or even think about a Voltorb for the rest of my life. Anyway, stay tuned for the Flobot and Fern battles!

Update #8: The Flora Family

So, today I finally got around to taking on Fern and the Flobot! Fern was rather easy. I led with Billy G. Fio the Venonat, who engaged in a vicious grapple with Fern's Lombre as the two absorbed and leech life'd each other. Sadly, Billy went down in the end, but he managed to make Fern use his two super potions and paved the way for Bird Wodin to take him out with a well-placed gust. Next up was Fern's Roselia, so I switched to George the Charmeleon, who then proceeded tow wreck Roselia with only two dragon rages. Oh, how I love dragon rage. Fern's servine came out last, so I sent out 6% Gas to fight him. She did an admirable job, and almost knocked him out, but ultimately she succumbed to leech seed damage. Fortunately, Servine was left with only a teensy bit of health, so #Pumbud managed to take him out with only one pound.

Florina was... a bit more challenging, to say the least. She started with her Maractus, who got into a fierce battle of pin missile vs. leech life with Billy G. Fio. Eventually, Billy managed to eke out a win, and Florina decided to pull out her trump card- Cradily. I sent out Iustina in return, and after a couple force palms she panicked and decided to switch out for her Breloom. Deciding that two could play at that game, I decided to switch out for Bird Wodin, who then proceeded to decimate Breloom with a few well-placed gusts. Florina sent out Cradily again, but a few more force palms from Iustina convinced her to switch out to her Grotle. I then switched out to 6% Gas, but she managed to take the poor thing out after a few turns; 6% Gas' efforts weren't in vain, however, as she managed to weaken Grotle enough for Billy to take him out with leech life. Cradily came back out again, but poor Iustina ran out of PP for force palm and was forced to use arm thrust instead, an attack that did pitiful damage to Cradily, especially after it boosted its defenses with stockpile and restored its health with recover. Iustina eventually fell to several smack downs, but George was able to avenge her and take out Cradily with a single dragon rage. Did I mention that I love dragon rage? George then proceeded to one-shot Florina's Ferroseed with a single ember, leaving her with just her Cacnea. Billy G. Fio went out to take it on, but fell quickly to Cacnea's pin missile. Bird Wodin, with rage in his eyes, then came out and proceeded to wreck Cacnea with a few gusts, earning me my second badge! Onwards to the Jasper and Beryl wards!

Hey! It's been a while. Sorry I haven't been able to update this as much; between schoolwork and Rejuvenation, I kind of got a little distracted. I've hit a bit of a rut in Rejuvenation, though, so I figure why not take a break and get back on the Reborn horse? And so, without further ado...

Update #9: Taka Look at this Messed-up Tangrowth

So, I decided to mix up my team a bit to get ready for the Taka battle. I kept most of the team mebers, but to help counter Taka I swapped out Beseigi for Icky the ex-Shinx (he evolved into a Luxio during the trip through the Onyx Trainer's School).

Speaking of Taka, the fight went pretty darn well! He led with Lileep, and I led with Iustina. Iustina took off a good deal of his health with Force Palm, forcing him to use his super potion. Surprisingly, he chose to switch out for his Chatot, who then proceeded to wipe the floor with Iustina. I sent out Havoc Buck, but amazingly, despite the type disadvantage he managed to crush poor Buck through a combination of sing and chatter. I then sent out Icky, who then got confused and hurt himself once, but managed to tank another chatter and break through the confusion to take out Chatot with a single spark. I then sent out George to take on his Tangrowth, and managed to take it out in two hits with the almighty dragon rage. From there, taking out his Lileep was quite easy: #Pumbud used screech, then broke through confusion to end the Lileep with a bite. The Beryl Ward awaits!

Sub-Update: Updating Stuff

So, I noticed that the main post hadn't been updated in a while. I made sure to fix that. Now, it's all up to speed!

Additionally, I took a look around the forums and noticed that most people have been posting their teams with each status update. From now on, I'm doing it too! Here's the team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 24 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 23 (Male)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 22 (Female)

095.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 22 (Male)

296.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 23 (Female)

404.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 23 (Male)

Stay tuned for the nail-bitingly tense battle against Taka, ZEL, and the final Pulse Tangrowth!

Update #10: Taka and ZEL

So, the battle against Taka and ZEL went pretty well. I led with Icky and Iustina (who evolved into a Hariyama along the way), while ZEL led with Glaceon and Taka led with Lileep. Since Lileep was a rather easy Pokemon to deal with and Glaceon was a little more problematic in my past runs, I hit Glaceon with fake out and roar to swap it out for something easier to deal with, whicch turned out to be Umbreon. I once again teamed up on Umbreon and managed to take it out in one turn (sheer force knock off is crazy powerful), but Iustina got confused, so I swapped her out for #Pumbud. Icky and #Pumbud managed to work together and take out Espeon, but Espeon managed to set up future sight before it went down. Glaceon and Lileep worked together and managed to take out both Icky and #Pumbud through icy wind and acid, so I sent out Iustina and Bird Wodin... only for Bird Wodin to instantly get taken out by future sight. -_- I decided to pull out my trump card and sent out George. The rest of the battle was pretty much just "spam dragon rage and knock off, and watch everything get owned". I mentioned that I love dragon rage, right?

So, with the police force rescued and with Corey's identity exposed, all that remains is to take on Corey in the Beryl Gym. Here goes nothing!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 25 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 24 (Male)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 24 (Female)

095.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 24 (Male)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 25 (Female)

404.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 24 (Male)

Update #11: A Toxic Environment

The Corey battle was a little harder than I expected, but I think it went pretty well. Since I exposed his identity in front of Heather, he decided to play his trump card and activated the corrosive mist field... which was promptly blown away by Bird Wodin as soon as the battle began, destroying any advantage he may have had. I feel kind of bad for him. Anyway, Bird Wodin proceeded to tackle the heck out of Corey's Skrelp after the mist was gone, but the Skrelp proved to be too tough for him and he ultimately fainted. Fortunately, he left Skrelp barely hanging on, allowing Icky to swoop in and take him out with a single spark. I then sent out Vinyl the Trapinch (who I swapped out #Pumbud for specifically for this fight) against his Croagunk. Vinyl used dig, but Corey got smart and switched out Croagunk for the far bulkier Grimer while she was underground. Not that it did him much good; Vinyl took out Grimer before he had the chance to attack. I then decided to sent out George to tackle his Croagunk (my reasoning was that I could do super effective damage to it because of dry skin), but after an Ember only did an average amount of damage I decided "aw, to heck with it" and just dragon rage'd its bum. I sent out Vinyl to take out his Skuntank, but Vinyl only managed to take out half of its health before getting knocked out; Iustina got sent out in retaliation, and she managed to take out Skuntank in one blow. A very desperate Corey sent out his Crobat, who Havok Buck proceeded to almost beat into a poisonous pulp with rock tomb until Corey swapped him out for Nidorina. I quickly set up stealth rocks, then had Buck keep attacking until he fainted. Finally, I sent out Icky again, who proceeded to force Corey to switch using roar (just to be a jerk =3) until it got disabled, prompting Icky to use spark to take out Nidorina. Corey's Crobat fainted from the rocks upon switch-in, earning me my third badge a front-row seat to Corey's suicide. Anyway, time to head to the Lapis Ward and actually get my third badge!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 26 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 25 (Male)

328.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 25 (Female)

095.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 25 (Male)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 26 (Female)

404.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 27 (Male)

Update # 12: Beneath the Staircase

Well, the second Aster and Eclipse battle was significantly easier than the first one! I led with Havoc Buck, and Victoria led with her Pignite. At first they either just targeted Victoria or used Rock Slide to hit us both, so Buck was able to use the field to his advantage and spam rock tomb on both Solrock and Lunatone. Working together, Buck and Pignite managed to take out Solrock, but then Lunatone got smart and used psywave on Buck, knocking him out. I then sent out Iustina, who worked together with Pignite to knock Lunatone out with a knock off and arm thrust combo. Iustina was hit by a confuse ray by the freshly sent-out Magmar, but managed to snap out of it, set up a belly drum, and unleash a can of whoopass on both Magmar and Electabuzz. With that done, it's time to head on to the Victoria battle and, eventually, the Shelly battle!

Also, by the way, I joined the Aqua Gang during the interlude between this update and the last update, as canonically TPP fought against Team Magma in Omega Ruby. Don't worry, I won't be using the Pokemon you get from the sidequest; instead I'll just leave it in the PC.

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 27 (Male)

328.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 28 (Female)

095.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 28 (Male)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 29 (Female)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 28 (Female)

298.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 20

Update #13: Victorious Victoria

How fitting that my thirteenth post should contain my first blackout. My battle against Victoria started off pretty well, with Zuzu the blue wrecking ball of death (or BWBD, for short) kicking the rump of her Scraggy. Her Kirlia was a little harder, due to me being a dingus and forgetting that you can't use dragon rage on a fairy type -_-, but George managed to pull through and take her out using Fire Fang.

Then I got to Pignite.

Pignite proceeded to wreck my entire team, taking out Vinyl, Zuzu the BWBD, and George. Havok Buck managed to hold out a little longer and got Pignite to low health, but ultimately Pignite took him out. Bird Wodin managed to take out the weakened Pignite with a single gust, and I began to celebrate, thinking that I had won... then Victoria sent out Hariyama. I lasted all of four seconds against Hariyama.

After healing my team, I decided to take another go at taking her on. During round two, Zuzu the BWBD took out her Scraggy in one hit again. I sent out Icky the Shinx to deal with her Kirlia (I had swapped out Havok Buck for Icky), and he managed to knock off a good deal of his health before getting knocked out. Luckily, #Pumbud swooped in and, after a few stomps and uproars, took down Kirlia. Zuzu the BWBD managed to handle Pignite a lot better this time, as she managed to take out Pignite with three play roughs. Finally came Hariyama, whom I sent Vinyl out against. Her Hariyama made my job a little easier by using belly drum to cut its attack, and Vinyl managed to get a critical hit on her, but poor Vinyl wasn't bulky enough to take a hit from the beefed-up Hariyama. Luckily, Bird Wodin managed to take her out with a single gust, giving me the right to go on and earn my third badge for real this time! Here goes!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 29 (Male)

328.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 28 (Female)

404.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 28 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 29 (Male)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 29 (Female)

184.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 30

Update #14: Bug-eyed and Flustered

Gotta admit, Shelly's gym was the first gym that I actually had trouble with. It took me three tries, but I managed to make it. On the third try, I led with George and Havoc Buck, in contrast to Shelly's Illumise and Masquerain. I gave myself the advantage by lighting the field on fire with George and setting up stealth rocks with Buck. Buck got knocked out that same turn, but it was okay; he had gotten his job done. I sent out Vinyl in his place, and Vinyl and George worked together to take out Masquerain with flame burst and rock slide. Shelly then sent out Anorith, but it didn't last long, as George took him down with a single flame burst. Heather the Yanmega was sent out next, and was significanrly injured by Vinyl's rock slide (which also knocked out Illumise), but managed to not only hang in there but also knock out George. I sent in Icky (who finally evolved into a mighty Luxray!) out, and he started chiseling away at Heather's health with spark. Poor Vinyl got taken out by a giga drain from Heather, so I sent out #Pumbud... only for the poor thing to get taken out by two more giga drains before she could do anything. Luckily, Icky had managed to finally take out Heather, and Shelly's Wormadam got taken out in two turns thanks to the burning field, so all that was left was her Volbeat, Bugsy. Bugsy managed to take out Icky with dazzling gleam, but Bird Wodin- my last remaining Pokemon- managed to tank it and knock him out with tckle and the field damage, earning me my third badge. Time to report Corey's death to Amethyst!

In other news, I'd like to welcome Jay Glasnost the Geodude to the team! Golem was a really useful Pokemon for my main game, so I'm looking foward to using him here!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 32 (Male)

328.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 31 (Female)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 31 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 31 (Male)

294.png#bvbhvbvhbd (AKA #Pumbud) - Lv. 30 (Female)

095.pngHJVKBIUccnjk (AKA Havoc Buck) - Lv. 30 (Male)

Update #15: The Grasshole Returns

Well, Fern was a little challenging, but I think it went pretty well. I led with Iustina, and he led with Ferroseed. Iustina shrugged off damage from both iron barbs and gyro ball and managed to take out Ferroseed in two hits. Fern then sent out Ludicolo next, and I countered by sending out Icky (whom I swapped Havoc Buck out for). Ludicolo got knocked down to low health by a charge-boosted spark, prompting him to use a super potion; regardless, he still got knocked out within two more turns by two more sparks. Fern then decided to play his trump card by sending out Rooserade... and this is where things got difficult. I sent out Iustina to knock off Roserade's leftovers, but Roserade outsped Iustina, and proceeded to knock her out after I spent my turn waking her up. George came out next, but Roserade knocked him down to low health with extrasensory. Fortunately, Fern chickened out and swapped out Roserade for Servine, who promptly got knoccked out by two flame bursts before it could get the chance to attack. I sent out Bird Wodin to counter Roserade, but unfortunately he was only able to do negligible damage before getting knocked out. Luckily, I managed to use him as a meatshield to heal George to full health, and George managed to knock out Roserade after only a couple Dragon Rages. With that over with, it's time to take on Cain!

In other news, I'd like to welcome Chubby the shiny Sandshrew to the team! As my first shiny Pokemon to fit within the rules, I'll be sure to give her some screen time!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 33 (Male)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 31 (Male)

017.pngBDnjfhweujn (AKA Bird Wodin) - Lv. 31 (Male)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 30 (Female)

Update #16: Cain Sugar

Like Fern, Cain was tough, but still manageable. I leveled up Jay Glasnost up to level 30 and evolved her all the way into a Golem, than made sure to lead with her... only for can to lead with his Dewott. *sigh* Anyway, I quickly switched out for Icky, who shrugged off a revenge and took out Dewott in just a single hit. Cain sent out his ace, Nidoking, next, so I sent out Vinyl. Unfortunately, Vinyl wasn't bulky enough to take on Nidoking, and got knocked out in a single turn. I sent out Iustina next, who managed to tank several hits and do some serious damage with knock off, but not even a berry ice cream was enough to keep her from being taken down by the terror that was Nidoking. Fortunately, Nidoking was locked into thrash when he knocked out Iustina, so I sent out Jay (who would only take not very effective damage from thrash) and managed to take out Nidoking with two magnitudes. Cain then sent out Venonat, so I sent out #Pumbud to try and take it out. #Pumbud put up a great fight with uproar, but ultimately got knocked out. I sent out Jay again in retaliation, and she not only knocked out Venonat but even managed to one-shot Cain's Grimer, giving me the key to the wasteland a reason to storm Sigmund's orphanage. See you next time for the Shade battle!

The team so far:

005.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 34 (Male)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 32 (Male)

076.pngJ glshnotipw (AKA Jay Glasnost) - Lv. 32 (Female)

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 30 (Female)

Update #17: All's Maxwell that ends Maxwell

Happy Easter, everybody! Anyway, remember when I said two days ago that my next update would be the Shade battle? I LIED. I had totally forgotten about the battle against Maxwell as part of the Aqua gang storyline, so after a little grinding of other team members I decided to take him on.

Honestly, the hardest part was his Vulpix; after it fell, it was all relatively easy. As it was, I led with Zuzu the Blue Wrecking Ball of Death and started spamming slam (I decided against play rough because it would only be not very effective against Vulpix). Unfortunately, between confuse rays and will-o-wisps, it became hard for me to rack up consistently high damage, so I decided to start using bubble beam instead (yeah, I know I should be using physical moves on Azumarill, but I figured the super-effective damage would even it out). I eventually managed to take out Vulpix (and get him to use his two berry ice creams), and so he sent out his ace: Houndoom. And not, you know, a Camerupt like his inspiration uses. -_- Anyway, I decided to send out our newest addition to the team: Awesome Grum the Zoroark! ...And my glorious first use for him was as a sacrificial lamb to heal Iustina because I'm an idiot and I forgot to heal at a Pokemon Center after grinding. Yay. After Grum fainted, I sent out Iustina, who promptly took out Houndoom in one hit. Desperate, Maxwell sent out his Charmeleon, and I countered by switching to Vinyl the Trapinch. Vinyl managed to tank two dragon rages with just 1 hit point left and took him down with two earthquakes, ending the Magma Gang for good. Time to take on Shade for real!

The team so far:

328.pngJKHWvniw (AKA Vinyl) - Lv. 35 (Female)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 34 (Male)

184.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 34

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 35 (Female)

571.pngasw ugrvhm (AKA Awesome Grum) - Lv. 34 (Male)

Update #18: Who You Gonna Call?

Shade was simultaneously easier and harder than I expected at the same time. I led with Awesome Grum the Zoroark, and he led with the undead soul of Corey in a Gengar form. Corey managed to hit Grum hard with shadow ball, but Grum held on and put Corey to rest with a single, field-boosted night slash. Next, Corey sent out Golett, and Zuzu the Blue Wrecking Ball of Death managed to take him out with two bubblebeams, even though she was confused. Next up came Chandelure, and planning ahead based n the type advantage, I sent out Jay Glasnost... who promptly got smacked in the face with a energy ball and fainted. So, not really knowing what to do, I sent out Iustina, who suprised me (and possibly Shade) by tanking a hit and doing massive damage to Chandelure with knock off. Shade quickly pulled Chandelure out of the fray and sent out Gourgeist, but the pumpkin didn't even get a single hit in before Iustina knocked off'd it into oblivion. Shade sent out Chandelure again, but the chandelier joined the pumpkin and bit the dust after one more knock off. I decided to switch to George for Shade's Doublade, and managed to take it out with one flame burst. Rotom, however, was a different story; although George fought his best, he ultimately got knocked out. Iustina had a little more luck with Rotom and managed to knock off its leftovers, but still got taken out. Icky got off a bite before fainting, but it didn't do much. Finally, Grum managed to outspeed Rotom and took it out with a night slash, earning me my fourth badge. Time to work on rescuing those kids!

The team so far:

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 34 (Male)

076.pngJ glshnotipw (AKA Jay Glasnost) - Lv. 35 (Female)

184.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 34

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 36 (Female)

571.pngasw ugrvhm (AKA Awesome Grum) - Lv. 35 (Male)

Update #19: Mukraker

Well, after a quick raid of the Blackwater Factory, I defeated ZEL for the penultimate time (at least in this release version). I wasn't sure what Pokemon xe was going to lead with, so I led with Awesome Grum the Zoroark... and xe led with Glaceon. Just my luck. After using one foul play, I decided to cut my losses and switch out for Iustina, who tanked a bite and then took Glaceon out with one Force Palm. Xe sent out Espeon next, so I decided to sent out Awesome Grum for real this time. After taking a quick attack, he took out Espeon in one hit, forcing ZEL to pull out xyr trump card: the PULSE Muk. I decided to sent out Jay Glasnost exactly for this reason, since all I remembered about this fight was that the PULSE Muk knew thunderbolt and sludge wave and Jay resisted all of these attacks. After a bulldoze and a magnitude, ZEL switched out for xyr Umbreon, so I switched in for Iustina again... only to get smacked with a confuse ray. Amazingly, despite this and getting confused again a turn after Iustina snapped out of it, she managed to power through at mow down the Umbreon with two force palms. Since all ZEL had left was xyr Muk, I sent out Jay again. To my horror, the Muk used Muddy Water... but incredibly, thanks to me breaking the field earlier with magnitude, the attack got electified and did absolutely nothing. That was probably the ultimate crowning moment of awesome of my playthrough so far. Anyway, the Muk desperately tried flinging a mud bomb, but it missed and Jay took it out. Time to head to the Azurine Region of Reborn!

The team so far:

006.pngGF%VJTVCVJyj (AKA 50% Villainous George) - Lv. 36 (Male)

405.pngIKYv (AKA Icky) - Lv. 36 (Male)

076.pngJ glshnotipw (AKA Jay Glasnost) - Lv. 37 (Female)

184.pngZuzu (AKA YOU AIN'T TAKIN' THIS FROM ME, AME!!!) - Lv. 36

297.pngIUHN%&IKUN (AKA Iustina) - Lv. 36 (Female)

571.pngasw ugrvhm (AKA Awesome Grum) - Lv. 37 (Male)

EDIT: Fixed a mistake about the amount of times you fight ZEL. I forgot about the battle with the PULSE Abra.