3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see more?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Story time:

The Rule of Midas

Chapter I: The Beginning

Ben was an average kid. He had dirty blonde hair, and was of average height. He wore average athletic shorts, normally black, and average t-shirts. But when he woke up on an unrecognizable island, things were different. In other words, not average. The island, as far as ben could see, was a sandy beach on the outside ring, surrounded by water, and in the inside part of the island, was a dense forest. He thought he was alone, but there were others, he just didn’t know it. “Wha- Where am I? The last thing I remember is winning that raffle for the superpower thing, then being knocked out behind the curtains. Wait! Doesn’t that mean- If I won, doesn’t that mean I have my ability?!?!” he exclaimed. “Hang on, let me try!” he concentrated, then the world around him appeared to shift. The water around him seemed to morph into the bustling streets of New York. Except for it didn’t. It was all illusions. His ability. “So I have mastery of illusions! Yes!” He made himself look like a fox, so he could explore without being noticed.
Ben slowly walked around, careful to not make too much noise, or else he may be noticed. He noticed a kid playing with some animals. He had light blonde hair, and forest-green clothes. He approached him, still appearing to be a fox. The kid was another raffle winner, his chosen ability, however, was unknown to Ben. He soon found out when what appeared to be a stone golem appeared. It’s rock body was rough as sandpaper, it’s eyes black as coal. If you look closely, you could even see some jewels in his body. The monster picked up one of the kid’s animals, a white cottontail rabbit, and swung it around in the air, as if to play with it.
The kid looked at him hard and stern and said, “Put my friend down!” There was a sense of command in his voice, like he was a mother telling a child to follow the rules. All of a sudden, the animals around him stared beady eyed at the golem. They all started to growl, and pounced on the construct, ripping him back to a pile of inanimate stone and jewels.
Ben, wanting to talk to someone, revealed himself in a cloud of smoke. “Woah! What was that?! You must have picked an awesome power!”
The kid jumped in fear, then said, “Wow! You too! Can you shape-shift or something?” Ben laughed and replied.
“Nah, I can make illusions. See watch!” The sun in the sky turned dark red, and then exploded. When Ben relaxed, the sun was revealed to be in it’s original state.
“Woah!” the kid exclaimed. “Oh, I don’t believe I got your name.” “My name is Dex, and I can control animals. What’s your name?”
“Ben,” he replied. “So, you got any idea what to do next?”
“No clue,” Dex said. “We appear to not have any food though. Let’s go into the forest to check out the food here. I’m sure there’s some apples or animals.”
Meanwhile in Ruby Soul, the head location for all things evil, Midas was sitting, watching happily as his test subjects played their little game. Ruby Soul was as hot as 130 degrees Fahrenheit on the coldest days. Ruby Soul was a dark cave, with lava streaming in from all kinds of pores scattered around the cave. Midas was a creature made of mountains compressed together, and shaped to form his torso and arms. His legs were made out of flowing lava. His head was a gigantic cave with many jewels inside. The mouth of the cave also formed his own mouth, and eyes and horns were carved into it. He was massive, and one of his ‘fingernails’ was the size of a normal human.
He summoned his minion, Demantrix. Demantrix is a Demon that has the skull of a normal human as a head, but from the neck down, his skeleton turns into that of an eagle with draconic wings and talons. His body is often oozing with purple ectoplasm.
“What Masssster?” He said in a raspy voice.
“Ready the hologram. I think it is time they know what will happen.” Midas commanded in a booming voice that echoed itself.
“Yesss Sssir,” Demantrix replied. He flew off, and came back. “Tis ready Massster,” Demantrix said.
“Good. Now, they shall know their fates.”
Just as Dex and Ben were beginning to settle into their make-shift leaf bed, in the center of the island, a hologram of Midas appeared.
“What is that?!” Both of them exclaimed at the same time.
Ben quickly said, “On normal occasions, I would say jinx, but I don’t think this is a ‘jinx’ situation.”
”Good evening champions!” Midas stated. “I am here to inform you on your challenge. You have been chosen to have superpowers, but now you are on this island. I suppose nothing ever is truly positive. On this island, there will be two clans: The Good, and the Evil. You must work with your clan to defeat the others. Some of you have been brainwashed to make you evil, but the others remain intact. On the island, there are rings for each of you. Only you can activate your ring so you will know when you find it. It will contain a weapon, and a costume. When you press the top button on it, it will run a fingerprint scan, and if the prints match, you will automatically be equipped with your weapon and costume.”
Dex and Ben looked at each other. “Let’s go find those rings,” Dex said.
“Heck yeah.” Ben replied. Then they fell asleep.