Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Shiny Egg Pokemon

superlucario603

Question

So, if one were to receive and egg, if the pokemon were to be shiny, is it random based on the egg or random after the pokemon hatches? To be a little more specific.... Does the egg have a chance to be shiny or the pokemon once it hatches? Because if you could save like one step before it hatches and keep trying to reload the save file that would be quick, but if the chance the pokemon was going to be shiny was already predestined once you got the egg, then you have to save and keep hatching the egg from step one all over again until you get lucky... Does anyone know which it is?

Sorry if that's confusing I tried my best DX

3 answers to this question

Nope. Everything including its IVs, ability and shininess are determined when the egg is received.

So if I already saved after I got that egg.. do I just need to get ditto and breed it and hope for a shiny egg?

Edit: Alright so since I screwed that up, I've been saving and resetting attempting to get a shiny ditto. Is it possible or not since it's coming from an event like this?

Just got Shiny Ditto from that and didn't take more than an hour. Thank you Ame for that Shiny rate

Edited by superlucario603