Someone I admire just passed away

Saber12

I haven't been around but I wanted to bring this up with the only community I've ever talked with. Monty Oum the creator of RWBY, Dead Fantasy and Haloid passed away. I don't know when but I just found out today.

The title alone doesn't express my feelings for this man's dedication. When I was growing up I didn't care for all the popular idols everyone flocked to in school. I just wasn't interested into all that gangster stuff. I was simply a gamer with a goal to work in the gaming industry. At the age of 19, I was getting used to youtube and clicked on Dead Fantasy 5 and was amazed at how much entertainment he made. Forget all that about the quality of the animations, lighting and rendering. I was entertained for the duration of that video and all the others he made before that period.

When I finished seeing all of them, I had to find out who he was and how he learned to do it. I looked for as many interviews and panels I could find of him. At 19 I found someone I could call my hero. Even though I wanted to work in games, I always had ideas for manga, anime or movies. After seeing his work and listening to his interviews, I hoped that one day I would have worked hard enough to be able to work by his side.

Now that can't happen. I never even got to ask him a question. All this time and all the times I could have asked him for advice on modeling, texturing, animation or rendering, were blocked because I was too ashamed at my level of quality. I felt I wasn't good enough to show my off my work and now I'll never get the chance.

I never knew Monty personally but knowing that he's gone hurts. It really hurts.

I just want to know if anyone else has had feelings for him and what he's done. I don't care if anyone uses this thread or sends me a pm. If anyone around here is feeling this loss, I wanna know.

Edited by Saber12

I saw the death news.

I'll be honest I had absolutely no idea who Monty was, but the way that other people talked about him, such as people from RoosterTeeth, SourceFed (in particular Phillip DeFranco) and Jessica Nigri. They made it sound like he was admirable, and from the work he's done that I looked up he was extremely talented.

I didn't have any feelings for him because I didn't know about him up until I saw the news, but his work was extraordinary and will be a huge loss.

Also the fact that he died so young, was a real shame.