Team Showcase with Sonniku! [OU]

Sonikku

Yo frens! It's me Sonic with a team I've had for awhile, and I've had much success and satisfaction with it.

RESURECTION.

No, this isn't Bird Jesus. Do I look like I care for that bum? He is El Quetzal. (Cue spanish guitar riff)

post-47918-0-82718500-1422057335_thumb.png

El Quetzal (Pidgeot-Mega) (M) @ Pidgeotite

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost
Pidgeot can take care of many threats of OU, such as Ferrothorn, Gengar, Scizor, and Venusaur. It can fire off Hurricanes and Heat Waves without the heart-wrenching feel of missing an attack. Although his movepool is somewhat limited, with some support from teammates, he can clean up quite well. Pidgeots bulk is mediocre. I can take a few hits, but can Roost it all off. U-turn give you easy switches when needed. You have to play smart with the Bird, it requires a skilled trainer.
All Hail Diglord!!
2TRAP4U (Dugtrio) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
Dugtrio and Pidgeot work so well together. Since day 1. Pidgeot and Rotom can pivot into Diglord when Heatran comes in. Hoping it's not a scarf-Tran, and it doesn't burn you, you can trap and annihilate it. Dugtrio can also use Reversal on things like Mega Lopunny, (assuming no fake out) and hold its own against Mega Metagross. When Duggy has done its job, i.e. threat eliminated, only your hazards are up, go ahead and Memento. It forces many pokemon to switch, and or it can allow a fellow team member to come in and clean up.
Mr. Washee Washee
1z56owk.gif
Rektom (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
Ahh, Rotom-Wash. It serves as a great wall to Landorus-T, which is an very common OU pokemon. Hydro Pump is obvious STAB, but use sparingly. Pain Split is a reliable way of whittling down the health of a pokemon, so either Rotom or another Teammate can finish it off. Will-o-Wisp is one of the solidest moves it has. Along with that amazing defensive typing, Rotom can deny many pokemon capable of sweeping. Volt Switch does well as STAB and pivoting into other pokemon, namely Dugtrio to take care of Heatran, etc.
Reborns Strongman!!
786-1.png
Massive Rods (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Conkeldurr is straight-up murdurr. It is somewhat of a reliable special wall, able to deal with Gengar, Heatran, Rotom and Landorus to an extent. Conkeldurr can take a psyshock from a non-life orb'd Latios, can obliterate it with Knock Off. Mach Punch give Conk reliable priority, while Drain Punch give him reliable recovery. Ice punch allows Conkeldurr to smack flying types out of the sky.
Obey!
latios_pixel_over_by_fade_away_requiem-d
$w4g M0n3y (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
Trick is the main move of this set. it cripples pokemon like Clefable, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, so you can blow away those hazards, bring in another pokemon, etc. A Draco Meteor from Latios is extremely powerful, allowing it to ohko most all dragons-oh... exlcuding our true lord and savior. Psyshock can rip apart weaker pokemon such as Lopunny and Breloom.
Masked Assassin
post-47918-0-26145900-1422064352_thumb.png
Zeena (Roserade) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Roserade is similar to Breloom. Put a target to sleep, and shred them to bits. Leaf Storm is very powerful, capable of OHKOing Bulky Landorus-T and Gliscor. Roserade is also a hard counter to Rotom-W. Natural Cure negates the burn upon switching, and Rose can easily disintegrate Rotom-Wash by the way. Sludge Bomb for obvious STAB and Grass coverage. Sleep Powder can catch a rampant Bisharp off guard, and finish it off with HP Fire, which will also 2OHKO a max HP and Sdef Ferrothorn. Damn Ferro... why u so bulky?
\/\/\/\/\/\/Exporterino\/\/\/\/\/\/
i do not own these pictures
Thank you for your time, I really like what Gamefreak did with Pidgeot, I plan to use it a lot.

Yes, this has been moved.

Sonic, if you want to make a 'Showcase' like the other threads of it's kind, I would just doit by in-depth analysis of a -single- pokemon (kinda like the Smogon pages do).

This particular thread was a bit confusing becuase it was not only a full team of six, but also included pokemon that are not in the OverUsed tier. :)

I haven't used Roserade myself, but I find that an interesting pick. Dugtrio is a pokemon that if you don't handle can really set your opponent back, and I like how you use it as a Heatran check - with the only issue being the burn chance.